How we should pray?

The foundation of prayer is our walk with God. In fact, walking with God is prayer. When I walk with God, I am not simply using my spiritual legs; I am communing with God through mouth, mind, heart, soul, and spirit, by believing and obeying Him.
Chris Martz

How we should pray?

Post by Chris Martz »

Hello,
Just have a question on how those of us still in sin should pray? I don't pray in front of anyone anymore and don't know how to teach my son how we should speak to the Lord. I believe He answers prayer because He has brought me here. Its clear as day and night that Victor and Paul have Gods anointing. I presume all those who come against them have never humbled themselves enough to get down on their knees with tears and prayer to the lord before they address them. I'm comforted that God speaks plainly threw them for those who can honestly say we know nothing. Those of you who hate their teachings expose yourselves. Those false teachers I have had in the past always leave you so confused and empty, not so with these two prophets. Its true their sayings often sting and hurt sometimes even to the marrow of the bone, but I believe that's God consuming fire working through them. Anyway just want to honor Him that is Almighty and Creator of all, the Lord Jesus Christ. I ask God to bless Victor and Paul and all those subject under them in the Lords perfect works.

Isaiah Dillard

Re: How we should pray?

Post by Isaiah Dillard »

Chris,

I'm unsure if you have access to the private sector of the forum, but listen to the 8/11/2017 Sabbath Conference call where this is discussed and will help give understanding:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/forum/vie ... =77&t=1551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, read Prayer - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/prayer.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris Martz

Post by Chris Martz »

Thank you Isaiah Dillard for your reply. I don't know anything about the private sector but I am thankful if I could hear from those who belong to Him. I must tell you my son is illegitimate through a life of disobedience to the Lord. I've tried to lead him to the Lord but he seems disinterested. I have failed him just as I have failed all others I have known. But I will leave all of them if it is required, which I am almost certain it will be. The false teachers have them spell bound. It is my hope that I will know the Lord and be with His brethren.

Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Hi Chris,

Amen and welcome!

We have all failed. I know I have, myself and every single person in my life. That is reality. Glad you are here.

Sabine

Isaiah Dillard

Post by Isaiah Dillard »

Chris Martz wrote: I must tell you my son is illegitimate through a life of disobedience to the Lord. I've tried to lead him to the Lord but he seems disinterested. I have failed him just as I have failed all others I have known. But I will leave all of them if it is required, which I am almost certain it will be. The false teachers have them spell bound. It is my hope that I will know the Lord and be with His brethren.
Chris,

As I have been learning, it's not our job to save our loved ones, that is up to The Lord. We cannot enforce our will on anyone to love God, only The Lord Himself has the ability to open eyes and blind them. It is He, and He alone, that draws men to Him:

John 6:44 WEB
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up in the last day.

This is one of the elements where the doctrine of 'infinite torment' is so demonic, as it places a heavy yoke around an individual to think they must go out and save the world, playing God in the name of Jesus. The Lord will reconcile all to Himself, and no one will stop it. We can trust that even though our loved ones are in currently in hell and torment, that they will be saved in due time:

1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJ21
who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Chris, trust The Lord has brought you here for His purpose. This is Mount Zion. He is here at TPOT and what is taught is directly from The Throne of God. Take heed to it, that you may be cleansed:

Psalm 119:9 KJ21
How shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to Thy word.

You stated "But I will leave all of them if it is required, which I am almost certain it will be." Here is The Lord's response to that:

Luke 14:26-27 WEB
If anyone comes to me, and doesn’t disregard his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he can’t be my disciple. 27 Whoever doesn’t bear his own cross, and come after me, can’t be my disciple.

Luke 17:20-21 WEB
Being asked by the Pharisees when God’s Kingdom would come, he answered them, “God’s Kingdom doesn’t come with observation; neither will they say, ‘Look, here!’ or, ‘Look, there!’ for behold, God’s Kingdom is within you.”

It's not a matter of physically forsaking your family in the sense of leaving the home. It's a matter of forsaking them in the heart, and not doing as the first Adam where he took heed to the voice of his wife and serpent over the voice of God. It is to be as the 2nd Adam, Jesus Christ, who took up the cross and laid down His life for the world.

You may remain with your family or you may not. It's not our job to force it, but let God work it out and you must have your heart set and single minded on agreeing with His will, whatever it is He decides. Don't try to figure it out in your mind, as I so frequently have and all it does is bring stress, anxiety and worry. It accomplishes nothing. Trust and obey The Lord, as He is in full control.

Here are some other teachings to read, if you haven't already:

Choose This Day Between Family and God - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... nd-god.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Diabolical Doctrine: Family Unity – A Hallmark of True Christianity - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehood ... -unity.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reconciliation of All Things - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... iation.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris Martz

Post by Chris Martz »

Thank you Isaiah Dillard and Sabine for your words of truth. I will take heed to what I am taught for it does come from the Lord. I long to be at peace with the Prince of Peace.

Return to “Prayer”