Prayer

The foundation of prayer is our walk with God. In fact, walking with God is prayer. When I walk with God, I am not simply using my spiritual legs; I am communing with God through mouth, mind, heart, soul, and spirit, by believing and obeying Him.
Reign Scart

Prayer

Post by Reign Scart »

Is it true that singing Christian songs is also a prayer to God?

Jeff Kwan

Re: Prayer

Post by Jeff Kwan »

Hi. Reign Scart,

I learnt that Prayer & praising is important in our walk with the Lord at a Prayer Meeting. When the preacher mentioned that it is the way to communicate with God. The preacher mentioned King David and the book of Psalms. I thought about my walk with Father God and was enlightened.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Reign Scart wrote:Is it true that singing Christian songs is also a prayer to God?
It depends on your motive and attitude, and what you mean by "Christian" songs. You can tell us more, but first read:

What about "Christian" Music?
Prayer

Paul

Darrell Kane

Post by Darrell Kane »

Like Paul said, you can have a song that sounds right by the letter but the motive of the heart is a religious spirit. For example a song with the title Lord we trust you, but oftentimes what the religion is talking about is Lord we trust you to make us successful in this world and to give us everything that we want according to the flesh. So sometimes what appears to be righteous and harmless is actually coming from a foundation of a religious spirit. The true child of God says," your will be done and not mine Lord!

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Jeff Kwan wrote:Hi. Reign Scart,

I learnt that Prayer & praising is important in our walk with the Lord at a Prayer Meeting. When the preacher mentioned that it is the way to communicate with God. The preacher mentioned King David and the book of Psalms. I thought about my walk with Father God and was enlightened.
Yes, prayer is very important, but we need to have the horse in front of the cart. David didn't have a book of Psalms or prayers he recited - his prayer came organically from an authentic relationship with God. We all need the same. Then we will praise our Father in Heaven Who corrects us and directs us into all truth.

"I will praise You with uprightness of heart when I have learned Your righteous judgments" (Psalms 119:7 MKJV).

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

In the kind of prayers being suggested, it amounts to men being their own saviors in their boxes; the problem is that salvation is all about coming out of the box.

We may call, from the box, on the Name of the Lord, but He's not about to join you in your box and make you comfortable; He'll be taking you out of it altogether. So how and why are you praying?

Reign Scart

Post by Reign Scart »

Btw. I'm still an infant christian (heheh it means Im a newly converted christian and in need for spiritual milk :D) I am just curious of the things that my fellpw christian told me about prayer/psalms/songs. He said some christians use songs as means of communicating to God. And songs of praise and worship is the highest form of prayer. Sorry for some error in my grammar (not fluent in english)

Reign Scart

Post by Reign Scart »

[quote="Darrell Kane"]Like Paul said, you can have a song that sounds right by the letter but the motive of the heart is a religious spirit.

What letter is that and what verse? I think I should read that.

Reign Scart

Post by Reign Scart »

Btw. Thanks for your respond. Greatly helped me. Shalom

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Reign Scart wrote:
Darrell Kane wrote:Like Paul said, you can have a song that sounds right by the letter but the motive of the heart is a religious spirit.

What letter is that and what verse? I think I should read that.
Darrell was talking about what I wrote (not the apostle Paul), Reign:

"Yes, prayer is very important, but we need to have the horse in front of the cart. David didn't have a book of Psalms or prayers he recited - his prayer came organically from an authentic relationship with God. We all need the same. Then we will praise our Father in Heaven Who corrects us and directs us into all truth.

'I will praise You with uprightness of heart when I have learned Your righteous judgments' (Psalms 119:7 MKJV).
"

Paul Cohen

Return to “Prayer”