Finding the Way

“Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand” (Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15). Repentance is where it all begins.

To read our paper on repentance you can go here.
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Finding the Way

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

This is a correspondence from our archives. We have sent notification to the correspondent.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Finding the Way
To: TPOT
Date: 9/30/2015 7:52 AM

Hello I just met the Lord and decided to follow Him but I have one problem,I am running a Poultry business whose capital was raised by money that I earned illegally,I need ur advice,should I keep the business or not?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Hello,I would really love to be a part of your sabbath chat group. May the Lord Jesus bless u.
To: The Path of Truth
Date: 10/1/2015 9:46 AM

Hello again
My name is Emmanuel balele,a 32 year old man residing in Tanzania,I am a husband and a father to a 4 year boy.
May the Lord Jesus bless u.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: October-02-15 9:26 AM
To: Victor
Subject: Hello

Hello brother

My name is Emmanuel Balele,32 years old living in Tanzania, I landed on your website while reading on the web on the subject of false prophets and teaching. Well I also got to read a little about salvation and I felt something inside of me that I truly need the Lord Jesus.

Let me give you a little flashback, I first got saved when I was 15,got baptized with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues (that's what I thought was the major sign of Spirit baptism),I felt some real changes in me, I had this desire to read scripture and would spend hours praying in tongues, alone in my room, and gained some understanding of scripture. This lasted for about two years before I left salvation.

But this whole week I feel like I'm starting to understand what Grace really means and I don't want to fall back again, but I have some issues that trouble me a lot, I work for the government and the system I am working with with my colleagues is very corrupt, i did make some money illegally to start a Poultry business, I never really planned to do this job for the rest of my life, my plan was to retire early, please advise brother, I am thinking of quitting my job, but what about the business.

What about the Holy Spirit, did He ever leave me or is He still in me?

May the Lord Jesus bless u.

Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 9:53 AM
To: Emmanuel Balele
Cc: 'Victor Hafichuk'
Subject: Re: Hello

Hi Emmanuel, Paul here.

"Well I also got to read a little about salvation and I felt something inside of me that I truly need the Lord Jesus."

There's no indication in the testimony you send us that you've ever experienced Repentance or had a walk of faith with the Lord Jesus Christ. Indeed, your quoted statement seems to indicate otherwise. Gifts such as tongues may or may not be from God (they can be manmade or demonic as well, and often are), but the fruits of authentic faith cannot be counterfeited, the taking up of the cross that produces a revolutionized life that isn't of this world.

But now that the Lord has brought you're here in order to hear the authentic Gospel preached by those who have His Spirit and are sent by Him, it's possible for you to receive His grace through faith and come to know Him. You don't have to figure out what's happened to you in the past - you just need to believe and obey God now.

So what to do about your business? Tell us more about how you illegally came into possession of funds, and what you plan to do about it.

As for how to conduct yourself generally, listen to what John said to those who came to him for the baptism of repentance:

Luke 3:7-14 WEB
(7) He said therefore to the multitudes who went out to be baptized by him, "You offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
(8) Therefore produce fruits worthy of repentance, and don't begin to say among yourselves, 'We have Abraham for our father;' for I tell you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones!
(9) Even now the ax also lies at the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doesn't produce good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire."
(10) The multitudes asked him, "What then must we do?"
(11) He answered them, "He who has two coats, let him give to him who has none. He who has food, let him do likewise."
(12) Tax collectors also came to be baptized, and they said to him, "Teacher, what must we do?"
(13) He said to them, "Collect no more than that which is appointed to you."
(14) Soldiers also asked him, saying, "What about us? What must we do?" He said to them, "Extort from no one by violence, neither accuse anyone wrongfully. Be content with your wages."

Did you receive the instructions for attending the Sabbath meeting? Are you planning to come?

Paul Cohen
http://www.ThePathofTruth.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Repentance”