A path to come back to walk

“Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand” (Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15). Repentance is where it all begins.

To read our paper on repentance you can go here.
Sosiah

A path to come back to walk

Post by Sosiah »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hello Victor,

I truly hope that you have been in good health and being, since the last time I wrote to you in my past letters. It has truly been difficult an frustrating to write towards you. I always wish to talk to you about everything I go through no matter the circumstances but I can never do so. I have been afraid to contact you.

Because I presume judgment an flee correction. I have become so terrified of speaking to and of God. What do I do Victor?! I feel the I must get right with him! I have been so envious of others coveting everything they have that I don't. Why is it that everyone can succeed an love what they do and I cannot?!

Please...I just want to know what I am supposed to do... I feel so trapped. So I write to you this day because I want to be unafraid an accept his correction and stop hiding. I want to be happy. He won't let me be what I want. I am seeing that I can only be what he wants me to be.

Paul Cohen

Re: A path to come back to walk

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Sosiah, Paul here. Victor is well. He shared your letter with me and I had an observation for you.

You write about God:

He won't let me be what I want. I am seeing that I can only be what he wants me to be.

There's your answer - instead of fighting Him, ask Him to take over your life and do with you what He wants. Don't you know that what He wants is good for you and necessary? Why continue to fight Him?

And consider that if God in Christ laid down His life for you while you were His enemy, how things will change for you when you become His friend?

“For if when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life” (Romans 5:10 MKJV).

Repentance is asking in faith for God to take over and make of you what He wills. It's acknowledging you are His (not your own or anyone else's), because He alone paid the price to be your Lord. You don't have what it takes to pay the price to be acceptable to God on your own, so accept this fact and that Christ has made the way for you as your Savior. In Him, the beloved of God, you are accepted:

Ephesians 1:3-6 MKJV
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ;
(4) according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
(5) having predestined us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
(6) to the praise of the glory of His grace, in which He has made us accepted in the One having been loved.

You're still welcome to come to the Sabbath meetings, Sosiah, and to participate on the Forum.

Paul

Return to “Repentance”