I fear and want to repent

“Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand” (Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15). Repentance is where it all begins.

To read our paper on repentance you can go here.
Jonathan

I fear and want to repent

Post by Jonathan »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Victor,

I have been reading your website and just finished your testimony. You speak the truth and I want to know God and His Word.

I have been caught up in the religious system since accepting Christ in 1995 and have been the prodigal son about 20 times over in as many years.

I fear I have been duped into receiving the mark by following the so called "church" and being "saved in sin" as most churches teach today.

I fear God and want to repent and be righteous. I want the in-dwelling and gifts of the Holy Spirit and to save my family, friends and as many as possible from eternal damnation and separation from our loving Father and Saviour.

I'm afraid and need help.

I am 43 years old, recently retired from the U.S. Air Force, married, two teenage boys. I'm willing to give all that up to be saved and to hopefully see them all saved.

I have all the time in the world right now since I don't HAVE to work and we currently live with my father. I currently have no friends, no work and no stressful commitments. It gives me a perfect opportunity to repent, learn, and build a true relationship with God that I don't think I've ever really had. I am just thankful He's giving me this chance. Thankful that I am feeling conviction.

Please reply when you can. Thank you for you work. I thank God for you.

Jonathan

Victor Hafichuk

Re: I fear and want to repent

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Jonathan,

Good to hear these things from you. Let it be known that to have the desire to seek after the Lord is a precious gift from above. You should know that no man seeks after God (Romans 3) except by God's will and grace. You're thankful for that, as you say, “I am just thankful He's giving me this chance. Thankful that I am feeling conviction.” Therefore, you have nothing to fear. He's with you to bring you all the way. Just follow; He'll show you the way, step by step.

I don't brush you off with impersonal direction now, but I think it's important that you read at our site the many writings that will help steer the course. Go to the Teachings section and you'll find plenty there. Ask the Lord to direct. We normally recommend certain writings, and if you want us to do that, we will; just ask, but I think you'll do well by just going through them and sampling until something catches your heart.

If you have any questions, write and we'll be glad to answer them.

The Lord is bringing you not to be destroyed, but to be saved. Trust Him to do His work:

Ephesians 2:8-10 MKJV
(8) For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
(9) not of works, lest anyone should boast.
(10) For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

Victor

Return to “Repentance”