I feel you are correct in rebuking but need to show a little more love

Peace is to him who brings war for good, but woe to the one who speaks peace to hide war.

Read the complete section on false love here.
Nico

I feel you are correct in rebuking but need to show a little more love

Post by Nico »

Hi Victor,

I have read some of your opinions and teachings on your site. I appreciate the fact that you always quote scripture and are very straight forward. I also have respect for the fact that you testify of the truth that so many people misunderstand in life. It is and will always be very rewarding to read that there are still people that confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Light and the Truth. Please excuse if my grammar is not up to standard, my first language is Afrikaans.

I will be very honest, when first reading some of your replies to people that emailed you, I felt that you were correct by rebuking what is not from Him, but also felt that you are to show a little more love. I was thinking about the Scripture Paul wrote where he said that love will cover many sins. (Excuse the fact that I don't quote the actual scripture, it will be irrelevant because you know the Word very well!!) I see some prophetic trade marks in your ways and understand that the prophets have a more direct approach. I also trust that your answers to misguided readers who post questions are written in love and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

After reading your teaching on the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I did however recognize you as a true believer whom are filled by the Spirit. May His Spirit dwell in you as long as you live on this world.

God Bless!

Kind Regards
Nico

Victor Hafichuk

Re: I feel you are correct in rebuking but need to show a little more love

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Thank you for your letter, Nico. Not sure what to make of it, whether you're trying to give us some loving advice for improvement's sake or commending us for our work in faith or both.

We've been advised by innumerable people to “show more love.” And you may all be right; after all, it's certain I'd like to be treated that way and doesn't the Lord teach us that we ought to follow the Golden Rule, doing unto others as we would have them do unto us?

But isn't there a time and place to love and hate? I wonder if Jesus would have appreciated being spoken to in the same manner as He spoke to the Pharisees and scribes in Matthew 23. What do you think?

Of course, He didn't speak to all that way, but neither do we. The fact is most of the letters we receive and answer are from Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes, vipers, hypocrites, evil and brute beasts, liars, and slow bellies (Titus 1:12; 2 Peter 2:12; Jude 1:10).

We publish far more letters of rebuke, going in both directions, than we do letters of commendation from people for two reasons:

One, we receive far more of the negative ones, and two, we hesitate to publish letters that commend us. We don't want to leave people with the general impression we're popular. That would be a lie and we're not sent to lie or be popular.

Have you red the section on False Love - Satans Last Stronghold? Do you realize that an ardent disciple of this love lived in your country and proceeded from a denomination that strongly lives and advocates that kind of love? Might you know who that is?

\/

Return to “False Love - Satan’s Last Stronghold”