Those who worship the bible are NOT bibliolaters

Some letters on this subject:
Answer to an Apologist for Worship of the KJV
Is the King James Authorized Version the Perfect Word of God?
Bible Lover Bill
Heidi

Those who worship the bible are NOT bibliolaters

Post by Heidi »

I've been browsing your website and find it refreshing that you know that God is the Master of all things, even of our salvation. Nothing can happen in the world or universe without God decreeing that it will happen. Lmt. 3:37-39. So the sinner's prayer, "decision theology" and man saving himself by his own lips are false. I know this because God sent me His Holy Spirit which came with a brilliant light and the ability to believe and understand the bible whereas before that moment, the bible was gibberish to me and I didn't know Jesus. I've been looking for a person or persons who understand these things because they can only be understood by the Holy Spirit.

However, there are 2 things you said with which I take issue: 1) That those who worship the bible are bibliolaters. First of all, Father, Son, Holy Spirit and the Word are all one. Jn 1:1-2. None of them can be separated from each other. Also, God tells us all He wants us to know about Him in Scripture, no more, nor less. So even though God is MUCH more than just what He has revealed to us in the bible, He has already determined what He wants us to know in His Word. So we re not to go beyond what is written in Scripture. Acts 20:27, Rev. 22;18, Pr. 30:6, 1 Co. 4:6. God said that "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses." God chose apostles who witnessed the life of Christ (Acts 1:21-22) to tell us who Jesus is. So nobody who has not witnessed the life and words of Jesus can go beyond what is written because he cannot verify that those words came from God since he has no other witnesses to what he claims to hear from God. Therefore, Scripture is our final authority of who God is and going beyond that is from our imaginations, not from God.

Secondly, your claim that the Sabbath is a day of the week is false. (Heb. 4;1-10). Jesus is now our Sabbath rest as that passage explains. When Jesus fulfilled the law, he fulfilled the whole law, including the Sabbath Law. That's why Col. 2:16-17 says this:

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ."

The OT Sabbath as a day of the week is only a shadow of what Jesus would fulfill just like the "Day of Atonement" was only a shadow of Christ becoming our atonement. So we no longer observe days, months, seasons or years. (Gal. 4:9-13). Instead, we get together for fellowship on whichever day(s) we want, even if it's every day of the week. Mt. 11:28, ""Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." So anyone who comes to Jesus for rest is observing the Sabbath. It's the Jews who still see God's commands as days, months, seasons or years, not fulfilled in Christ.

Other than those two things you're right on about not taking titles for ourselves (Mt. 23:8-10) or learning from humans rather than God, (Mt. 23:10) and the fact that no religious organization has the Holy Spirit present, and the lack of man's freedom to obey God without His spirit, and just about everything else you say.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Those who worship the bible are NOT bibliolaters

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Heidi,

You say you take issue with the following:

"1) That those who worship the bible are bibliolaters."

If you worship anything other than God, which includes the Bible, you're in idolatry - period.

"You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and these are they which testify about Me. But you are unwilling to come to Me, so that you may have life" (John 5:39-40 EMTV).

You're confused because your eye isn't single - you have gods other than the One and Only True God and Lord Jesus Christ.

"Secondly, your claim that the Sabbath is a day of the week is false. (Heb. 4;1-10)."

We have the week only because we have the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the seventh day - the day God rested and sanctified for man. And this has never changed, just as Jesus declared:

"For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18 ESV).

Seeing you claim to believe only what the Bible says, and you believe the apostles alone could teach us the truth about anything, including the Sabbath, perhaps you can show us in the Bible where the Sabbath was changed in any way?

According to James, if you nullify or break one Law, you've nullified and broken them all. If, according to you, the Law of the seventh day has changed, then the Laws on murder, theft, covetousness, and adultery can also be changed. If one Law is changed, the rest can be as well, which is contrary to the Lord's Word declaring that heaven and earth would be removed before one iota of the Law would be changed.

You obviously haven't red our section on The Sabbath. Your knowledge has made you arrogant and stupid, Heidi. Repent.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk
http://www.ThePathofTruth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <http://www.ThePathofTruth>.

Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Sorry, but "The Word of God is LIVING and ACTIVE, sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even into dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.' Heb.4:12.

The word is ALIVE because the Word IS God. Jn 1:1-2. The fact that you don't know that shows that you don't know God. Good day.

Oh, and one last thing, the fact that you don't think that studying and believing the bible is studying and believing God explains why you don't know don't know that the Word of God is alive OR that our Sabbath-rest is Jesus Christ. So you have not yet entered God's rest. When we believe the bible, we are believing GOD because God and His words are ONE, they can never be separated. (Jn 1:1-2). So further conversation with you will be futile.

Heidi

Post by Heidi »

"The letter kills but the Spirit gives life." 2 Co. 3:6.

I can always spot professed Christians who are not born again and there will be many of them (Mt. 7:21-23). They see the bible as a bunch of letters rather than the living word of God. Letters can't live inside anyone but the Word of God lives inside believers because GOD lives inside the believer since God and His words are one. (1 Jn 2:14)

"The Word became flesh and made HIS dwelling among us." Jn 1:14.

Notice that God uses the pronoun "His" to define the word "Word." That's because the word IS God as He explains this in John 1:1-2. But since you think it's idolatry to study God's words, then of course you wouldn't know this either. So you're ignorant of who God is if you don't even study what he DOES say. That means you're not qualified to know anything about God which He does NOT say in His Word.

Letters can't become flesh, only living words can become flesh. God's words are as alive and eternal as God is because God and His words are one.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

"But since you think it's idolatry to study God's words…."

We've never said or intimated any such thing, Heidi. Charging us with this lie is further confirmation of your sinful and blinded state, according to which you pervert our words (the Word of God - by Whom we speak).

"And think of the long-suffering of our Lord as salvation (as our beloved brother Paul also has written to you according to the wisdom given to him as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction)" (2 Peter 3:15-16 MKJV).

Why are you resisting the Word of God?

Paul

Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Sorry Paul, but I've seen your posts about saying that the bible is untrustworthy. The Word cannot be alive if the word is not God. But You have denied that Word is God so you are also denying that the Word is alive which is contradicting the bible. (Heb. 4:12).

So you are contradicting yourself and proving that you don't think the bible is absolute truth. Therefore, the following passage applies to you:

Psalm 50:16-17, "But to the wicked God says, "What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant upon your lips? You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you."

I'm done listening your contradictions. You're a false teacher. Please don't reply to me any more.

Return to “Bibliolatry”