Startled by your site

Some letters on this subject:
Answer to an Apologist for Worship of the KJV
Is the King James Authorized Version the Perfect Word of God?
Bible Lover Bill
Robert

Startled by your site

Post by Robert »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hi. What you write about false teachers is important, and you don't hesitate to go for the ones who have become themselves sacrosanct, and popularly above reproach.

Two times I read where you consider us sheep. Paul is our Christ-commissioned apostle, and he never refers to us as sheep in his epistles. We are "deputies of Christ and administrators of God's secrets" (I Corinthians 4:1) - that's how we are to be reckoned with, not as sheep. Further, our Christ-commissioned apostle refers to us as ambassadors for Christ (II Corinthians 5:20).

I have written a statement of faith in scriptural language at atruergod.com, and from what you write, I don't have faith, but rather doctrine.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing through a declaration of God. The words in my statement of faith are living and operative and spirit and life, and true declarations of God. Much more could be added, of course. To write that having a statement of faith means I don't know Christ is as idiotic as some of the ravings of the apostates you expose.

I haven't seen anywhere you mention the Concordant Literal NT with Keyword Concordance as the most faithful to the original.

I can't find it now, but someone on your site wrote about being "born again" as if it applies to the body of Christ, when it applies to redeemed Israel. We are figuratively new creations in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17).

I'd like to know what you think about my comments.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and from our Lord Jesus Christ.

Robert Bowie Johnson, Jr. (bob)
solvinglight.com
outingthemoronocracy.com
atruergod.com

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Startled by your site

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Robert,

What do we think of your comments? We hear a man walking in the pride of life and the lusts of the flesh. As John concludes, these things aren't of the Father, but of the world.

You haven't been born again or made a new creature in Christ, which are the same thing. If you were a new creature, you wouldn't have a problem with being called the Lord's “sheep,” which is what we are.

John 10:14-16 MKJV
(14) I am the Good Shepherd, and I know those that are Mine, and I am known by those who are Mine.
(15) Even as the Father knows Me, I also know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep.
(16) And I have other sheep who are not of this fold. I must also lead those, and they shall hear My voice, and there shall be one flock, one Shepherd.

If you were born again (baptized in the Holy Spirit), you would understand what is written about the difference between beliefs (or doctrine) and faith in our Statement of Doctrine.

You preach that everyone will be saved, but we preach Him by Whom everyone is saved through the operation of His holy faith, a world of difference. Until you are converted and become as a little child, you won't hear us or enter into the salvation the Lord has prepared for those who love Him.

As for the translation you favor as most accurate (Concordant Literal NT), be that as it may be, you should know that the Pharisees, scribes, and Sadducees had the most accurate Scripture texts of all, in the original tongue, yet they hated and killed the Author. You cling to and claim a righteousness of your own using His label; let it be known that your faith is counterfeit, no matter how good your Bible is.

The Truth is not about the translation but about The Interpreter. You don't know that.

Paul Cohen & Victor Hafichuk
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Paul,

I counted 52 paragraphs in your doctrine statement - within them not a single mention of your namesake, Paul, our Christ-appointed herald, apostle, and teacher in knowledge and truth with the evangel of the grace of God for us in the body of Christ today (Acts 20:24, 26:18, I Timothy 2:7). That seems quite odd to me.

Competent teachers today teach what Paul taught using his exact words:

"What you hear from me through many witnesses, these commit to faithful men who shall be competent to teacher others also" (II Timothy 2:2), and "Have a pattern [literally, stencil] of sound words which you hear from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus" (II Timothy 1:13).

In His earthly ministry, Christ was commissioned but for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. The "other sheep" of John 10:16 are the Jewish dispersion which was reached by Peter in his two epistles (I Peter 1:1). As I wrote before, Paul is our Christ-commissioned apostle, and he never refers to us as sheep in his epistles. We are "deputies of Christ and administrators of God's secrets" (I Corinthians 4:1) - that's how we are to be reckoned with, not as sheep. Further, our Christ-commissioned apostle refers to us as ambassadors for Christ (II Corinthians 5:20).

Paul admonished us to "correctly cut the word of truth" (II Timothy 2:15), understanding what applies to Israel - the evangel of the coming earthly kingdom to be ruled by Christ through them, and what applies to the body of Christ - the evangel of the grace of God revealed to Paul by Christ for us and our celestial destiny.

Redeemed Israel, terrestrial destiny = sheep.
Body of Christ, celestial destiny = deputies, administrators, ambassadors.

Being "begotten anew" (KJV "born again") is not the same as being a new creation in Christ. The Ten Commandments were given to Israel, not to the body of Christ. God's purpose was to show that the flesh is unable to keep the commandments and/or please God. During the Millennial reign of Christ, Israel will be able to keep the law as Ezekiel 36:26 will then apply to them: "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" and so will Jeremiah 31:31-34 apply wherein God says He will write the law on their hearts. Nicodemus should have been aware of these scriptures when Jesus told him Israel must be "begotten anew."
Those of us who are part of the body of Christ are not begotten anew or "born again," as our destiny is celestial and we won't have human hearts.
We become new creations in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17) to suit our glorious celestial destiny. While on this earth, thank God He enables us to live by the fruit of the spirit (Galations 5:22) against which there is no law.

As you should know from Matthew 8:8-13 and the story of the centurion, faith and the recognition of authority are intricately related, and yet, you do not recognize the authority of our Christ-commissioned apostle, Paul, and the administration of the grace of God that was given to Paul by Christ for us (Ephesians 3:2).

Did Christ commission you two to sidestep Paul's teaching?

Sheep are docile animals. Your comments are loaded with a spirit of denunciation and threatenings designed, it seems, to pull disciples after yourselves, instead of pointing them to Paul and the evangel of the grace of God given to Him by Christ for us.

To presume through your reasonings (in which your beliefs are centered) that I have not been chosen in Christ as a member of His body, and need to be "converted" to your elitist way of thinking is close to the height of religious arrogance and hypocrisy - a religious arrogance and hypocrisy you routinely project onto others. Christ knows those who are His, certainly not you.

May God grant you the grace to sober up out of the trap of Adversary.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Many of the Scriptures Paul wrote were referenced by the man who labored to lead me to Christ. It was Paul's letters, when I sat down for a few days to read them in one sitting, so to speak, that turned me from the darkness of Catholicism to the Light of Jesus Christ. My testimony declares the blessed impact the apostle Paul has had on by life by God's grace working in and through Him.

Our entire website is drenched with Paul's doctrine and Gospel with references too numerous to mention, almost too numerous to count. We personally know brother Paul and are one in heart and soul with Him. You've never known, and have only contempt for him. He doesn't know you; neither does the Lord know you, and by Him and with Him we say to you, “Depart from us, child of lawlessness.”

You are a self-righteous fool, Robert, a snake. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Go slithering elsewhere.

Victor

Return to “Bibliolatry”