The Path of Truth - Rendition by Sam Wyatt

Letters and correspondence regarding music from TPOT. A full list of songs can be found here.
Sara V Schmidt

The Path of Truth - Rendition by Sam Wyatt

Post by Sara V Schmidt »

Sam Wyatt did a rendition of Victor's "The Path of Truth."

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/forum/dow ... .php?id=79" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The original:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/music/son ... athoftruth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William Woeger

Re: The Path of Truth - Rendition by Sam Wyatt

Post by William Woeger »

I spoke to Paul about this last night. I told him that I thought Sam's go at the song was "okay" and that I favored Victor's more.

Upon thinking it over again though, I want to give a different review.

Sam's version sounds completely different. It is even sung differently (duh!).

I appreciate Sam's go at it. The music was nice and he sung it well and easy.

The music goes well with the narrative lyrics, especially toward the end of the song; how it slows down softly then returns back to its upbeat, helping express the last of the lyrics.

I like it. He did well.

Sara V Schmidt

Post by Sara V Schmidt »

When I first tried to post this notice, the MP3 file wasn't accepted. Ronnie got that corrected, so I'm trying again here.... It's attached. As for the link, yes, it looks like Sam removed the song.
Attachments
The Path Of Truth.mp3
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 1122 times

Edwin Romero

Post by Edwin Romero »

Thank you, Sara!

I can say Sam puts a nice effect to the music, making me feel I am driving along a path. However, it gives the idea of a nice, pleasant path; not so with Victor's version, which gives the idea of a tough path. Does this mean Victor's voice sounds tough, rough, or rustic? Maybe... but I'm referring more to the tone. :lol: Spirits are just different!

Anyway, very good song!!!
Last edited by Edwin Romero on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Good point, Edwin about the tone of the song. One is of reality; the other of the way the world would have it, making light of holy things. One is from the Lord and one is man's copy. I like his version in worldly terms, but it's not the reality.

William Woeger

Post by William Woeger »

Amen, Victor, very true.

Edwin Romero

Post by Edwin Romero »

True, Victor; that's exactly what I perceived. He sounds like he doesn't understand the real meaning of the lyrics, but the arrangement is pretty good.

Ingrid Benson

Post by Ingrid Benson »

I agree with Victor and Edwin. Sam's version is nice, it could make it to the radio stations and be quite popular for all I know. But...it is void of the reality that can only be conveyed by one who lives it.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

I wholeheartedly agree.

Return to “Music”