Hard choices...

You can read our paper here.
Cassidy King

Hard choices...

Post by Cassidy King »

There are several different situations going on. I appreciate any counsel!
My dad: he is a pastor of a church, wants to mentor me and tells me I am in no place in life to be believing anything different than my spiritual mentor, that I have never listened to him and that I'm being arrogant by not believing in the trinity. I know if I place myself under his mentorship by moving to the town he lives in (he wants to give me a free place to stay, and a free truck to give me a fresh start) I could be lead away by his influence in my life. I trust the Lord that he would keep me, but I can't go back to Babylon... It is truly causing division, he's already made all these plans and now I've come to the truth presented here and must make this choice

My wife: she's part of the UDV which is a synchrotistic religion that follows a "prophet" from Brazil and they drink ayahuasca (DMT), a hallucinatory (though legal) drink. She has assured me we will not raise our son in that religion and that I will have authority to say no to her about anything she wants to teach him that I disagree with. We are not living together at the moment but will be soon(long story).

My cousin: I am living with my cousins who are youth pastors at a Pentecostal church. I play guitar and help with the youth. I care about these kids. I can't imagine the Lord sayings "let the dead bury their own" about these teens. I am however ready to be obedient to what he calls even if it rips my own mind and heart apart (I know he'lol put me back together).

My job: this one is kind of silly but I work for Braums and see how much toxic material is in our food. I feel like I'm supporting death by working here.

Victor Hafichuk

Re: Hard choices...

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Concerning your family, Cassidy, Jesus gave clear instructions. I followed them 40 years ago and can testify that they work:

Matthew 10:34-39 MKJV
(34) Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword.
(35) For I have come to set a man against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
(36) And a man's foes shall be those of his own household.
(37) He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
(38) And he who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.
(39) He who finds his life shall lose it. And he who loses his life for My sake shall find it.

If your wife has any intention of believing on and following the Lord Jesus Christ, she will certainly have to dump any connections with the UDV; as good as its intentions and works appear, it is anti-Christ. Good works will not avail for the Kingdom. Nice people and nice may help, but nice doesn't work.

Concerning your cousins and the kids you want to help, you need to commit everything to the Lord. He knows what's best for all. You need to come away and be helped yourself before you can ever be of help to others. I understand it's not easy. If anyone wants to come with you, Lord willing, so be it. Otherwise, you must pay the price and be separated.

Hebrews 13:12-14 MKJV
(12) Therefore Jesus also, so that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate.
(13) Therefore let us go forth to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach.
(14) For here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Paul Cohen

Re: Hard choices...

Post by Paul Cohen »

Yes to what Victor is saying here, Cassidy. While your father has some authority by virtue of being a father, he isn't automatically your mentor from God because he has credentials from men or considers himself to be that. You need to know the answer to this question - Is your earthly father your spiritual mentor or is the Lord Jesus Christ and those in Him? Because plainly your father isn't in agreement with the Lord or what He is showing you.

You already know the answer and need to act on it. It is His gift of faith to you to do so.

Your thought about your job isn't silly, but for now, deal with the immediate issues, where decisions are required today. As the Lord says: "But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow shall be anxious for its own things. Sufficient to the day is the evil of it" (Matthew 6:33-34 MKJV).

Some doors are closed or will be closed, while others will open. Trust and obey the Lord and all will be well.

Paul

Return to “Choose This Day Between Family and God”