The Gospel Truth in Star Wars

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Victor Hafichuk

The Gospel Truth in Star Wars

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

From the beginning when the first episode came out, I've been convinced Star Wars was used to relay the Gospel in a form palatable to a secular society reluctant to receive some needful medicine presented in more undesirable forms through religious circles. I saw God inspiring the Gospel to be preached via the movie industry as one might scatter seeds of Truth on a dry and thirsty ground with hopes of one day reaping a harvest.

It's reported that producer George Lucas never had the desire or intent of relaying the Gospel message by Star Wars, and that's fine if true. I know that while "man devises his way, the Lord directs his steps." I much appreciated the movie because of the remarkable spiritual parallels to the truths of the Greatest Story Ever Told.

Being a Jew without revelation, the author of this article, Alyssa Rosenberg, doesn't recognize Jesus the Messiah of Israel and of the world, but she does touch on Gospel Truth expressed in Star Wars. She even appropriately connects the modern-day threat of Islam into the story, which adds to the potency of Star Wars being relevant today and as possessing truth everyone needs to hear.

Imagine that - Jews not believing on Jesus, though He came as a Jew, is THE King of all Jews and Savior and Lord of all mankind! But the unbelief of Jews is coming to an end. Horrific fires are here to change that and purify all things.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1115/s ... faith.php3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Current Events and Notices”