Keep Close Your Enemies?

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Victor Hafichuk

Keep Close Your Enemies?

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi all,

You've heard the saying I was just reminded of, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

I gather the thrust is to place your enemies where you can keep a watchful eye and guard yourself from them. But there need to be some clarification and qualification here, given our experience over the past many years. Another adage is, "Know your enemy."

"Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me" (Psalms 41:9 KJV).

"And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends" (Zechariah 13:6 KJV).

Who knew our supposed friends would abuse us like many enemies never have, because they were close enough for the opportunity to do us evil?

Yet, as these Scriptures indicate, and as David and his "Son" the Lord Himself experienced, these realities are a very necessary part of the spiritual sojourn here on earth in Christ, not to be avoided, praise God!

Diana Laumbach

Re: Keep Close Your Enemies?

Post by Diana Laumbach »

Amen! Thank You, Lord!

Return to “Current Events and Notices”