How You Can Be a High Caliber Atheist - JP Sears

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Victor Hafichuk

How You Can Be a High Caliber Atheist - JP Sears

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

https://www.facebook.com/awakenwithjp/v ... o_guests=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beryl Knipe

Re: How You Can Be a High Caliber Atheist - JP Sears

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi everyone!

Good Sabbath to you all. Here's my favourite quote on atheism:

"The dogmatic belief that there was no beginning and there was nothing in it. And nothing did nothing and then magically erupted for no reason, creating everything, and then a bunch of everything became all-ness and magically rearranged itself for no apparent reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits, which turned into dinosaurs and other highly complex beings – makes perfect sense – to an atheist!"

Beryl.

Tang Williams

Post by Tang Williams »

First time I've heard of this bloke. He has a large following when you google search him and read his Facebook pages.

Anyway, in his video he denies the existence of God, and yet has a little buddha next to him. He believes that he is everyone's hero (or god) and healer, and gladly expects compensation for his lies, delusions and contradictions.

He obviously walks and quacks the same tune as Richard Dawkins and the book, "The God Delusion." Another cookie who hates the Lord and a leader of many from the same cookie cutter cutout!

"Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it." Matthew 7:13 WEB

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Hi Tang and Good Sabbath,

I think JP Sears is being sarcastic/speaking tongue in cheek to make fun of atheists and their hypocritical attitudes towards dogmatic beliefs.

His whole business/book is poking fun at various "spiritual" attitudes and behaviors. He has another video on veganism (What if meat eaters behaved like vegans). Another one on "Instagramming" yoga pictures had me laughing out loud.

His whole website, though not apparent at first, is full of sarcasm and poking and prodding what we would deem here at TPOT as false teachers/prophets. He says in his bio that he has "a twisted sense of humor."

I haven't done too much research, but he probably makes fun of Christians too...THAT would be to his detriment.

Still, his assessment of atheism by embodying their double-mindedness (religious non-religion) was spot on and reminded me all too much of my days in philosophy classes.

I believe the idol in the video was to further the sarcasm/hypocrisy, although I have heard many atheists claim they believe in buddhism: "its not a religion, but a way of life" is usually their claim.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

WARNING: With a cynical sense of humor, JP Sears exposes the absurdity of the atheist's mindset.

That said, JP Sears is himself in great darkness, not knowing the Lord Jesus Christ and that only Jesus Christ can heal hearts.

Sears presumes to have the answers to life as a "life coach." He does not have the answers. Let's be crystal clear on that point.

Isn't it interesting how people can express so much truth while in darkness? That's because man was made in God's image. Fallen man has the remnants of what was once incorrupt. Much like one can find a decades-old wreckage in the bush of a car they can still identify as to make, model and year, but which is quite powerless to serve as originally intended.

Jesus Christ is here to change all that. Only He can.

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Thanks for clearing that up, Victor. I didn't realize he actually thought of himself as a "life coach."

I appreciate that car metaphor you continually use. Hits the nail on the head.

Amen, thank you Lord Jesus Christ for accomplishing this work throughout the world! Thankful to have a merciful, loving, and forgiving God!

Tang Williams

Post by Tang Williams »

Thank you Victor and Brandon. I am learning so much through these posts.

Amen, thank you Lord for giving us wisdom and clarity through your truth via TPOT!

Return to “Current Events and Notices”