How King David Protected His Citizens and Emissaries

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Beryl Knipe

Re: How King David Protected His Citizens and Emissaries

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hullo Joseph,
Just to add a few comments, here. Last week my daughter and my grandson were pulled over by the police (I live in South Africa). They were searched from head to toe and their vehicle was searched as well. The police were looking for drugs! Needless to say, they didn't find any!
I have lived in various parts of Africa most of my life. If I have to list, here, the names I've been called (for no reason, whatsoever) there wouldn't be enough space. I remember one, in particular: "White bitch!"
Words and names people have called me, in the past, don't bother me at all. I have a favourite saying: "Sticks and stones can break my bones but derogatory words won't harm me."
I don't understand the term: "People of colour?" We are all people of colour - aren't we? Be proud of whatever colour you may be and it would be wise to stop playing "the victim!"
Beryl.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

"People of colour?" We are all people of colour - aren't we? Be proud of whatever colour you may be and it would be wise to stop playing "the victim!"
Hi Beryl,

Isn't racism a matter of being proud of one's color or ethnicity?

"For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? And if you did indeed receive what you have, why do you boast as though you did not receive it?" (1 Corinthians 4:7 EMTV)

And is there any virtue in a color?

Michael Vavases

Post by Michael Vavases »

Joseph,

I'm not sure if you have access to the Private forum (you can always request it if you don't), but if you do, you should listen to the Bible reading where Kelechi first brought up his objections to things like police treating people of color unfairly. There is a lot of good discussion there. I would post a link but I'm unsure if I should be posting links to the private forum here. It's under Conference Calls, then click on Genesis and then on the August 21st reading. The discussion begins around 1 hour 11 minutes.

- Michael

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Paul,

Well, if you put it that way, yes, I suppose it is. I was thinking in terms of being created by God, no matter which colour He chooses one to be. In that instance, I'm not concerned about whatever colour a person is. 1 The.5:18 (KJV) "In everything give thanks [including colour] for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
Beryl

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Yes, Beryl, we should thank God in everything, which of course includes how He made us to be in this world. Being unconcerned about the color of a person, however, doesn't mean they should be proud of it. If they had legitimate reason to be proud, then you should be concerned and pay due attention and honor. But there is nothing at all to be proud of on account of color. Unashamed, yes, but not proud.

People play the victim because they are proud of their color. Whereas those who confess being perpetrators aren't ashamed because of their color, but because of their sin.

Paul

Isaiah Dillard

Post by Isaiah Dillard »

I wanted to give an update since last week:

I want to give glory to The Lord, as He's given me a hunger to want to learn more on politics and not be partial on my thinking. I did watch the video that Victor sent me through email, but haven't gotten to the links yet provided from Paul (will at some point).

Based on last week's conference call, Victor made a great point about not writing people off because of their beliefs but truth is truth is truth and God will use anyone to speak it. So on Thursday evening I began listening to Bill Maher and his stance on Islam, which then led me to Ben Shapiro. I never heard of him prior (shows how much I keep up with politics), and was up for a couple hours watching his videos. He is spot on when it comes to transgenderism, abortion, racism and capitalism. Even though he isn't Christian (but an orthodox Jew), I know God is using him to speak these truths as he is bold like a lion when standing for these issues against leftists, as he gets persecuted greatly.

I also watched a video from another message board about George Soros, and how wicked he is and he is a supporter of Obama and Hilary. I also watched an interview of Donald Trump with Alex Jones, and Trump was spot on with predictions he's made in the past and I could see the knowledge and sincerity of him wanting to protect this country. It was informative and eye opening to see the truth more clearly.

Based on the recent discussion with race in America, I'd recommend for people on here to check out this video of debate that includes Been Shapiro

https://youtu.be/_cUDl_LEtak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I red this topic from the forum from a while back that blessed me and gives good perspective. This would be good for you Joseph, as it was for me being one that has had similar race issues but God is continually purging me of it
http://thepathoftruth.com/forum/viewtop ... f=37&t=319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Current Events and Notices”