Denying the trinity is heresy

You can read our complete section on the Trinity here.
William

Post by William »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

WDS Nesbitt

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Denying the trinity is heresy

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Yes, William, but only to heretics who worship the trinity. See The Gospel According to Trinitarians.

Paul Cohen & Victor Hafichuk

William

Post by William »

Explain?

WDS Nesbitt

William

Post by William »

Are you Jewish?

WDS Nesbitt

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Read the writing, William, and think about it. The meaning is self-evident, unlike the incomprehensible “Trinity,” a conglomeration no one can explain and those who confidently assert they can make damn fools of themselves.

Paul

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Yes, William. Apparently you're not.

“For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that outwardly in flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart; in spirit and not in letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God” (Romans 2:28-29 MKJV).

“You worship what you do not know, we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews” (John 4:22 MKJV).

Paul

William

Post by William »

What are you depending on for salvation.

WDS Nesbitt

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

William, your question betrays your lack of spiritual understanding, vision, and faith. It's not “what,” but “Who.”

“Why do you not know My speech? Because you cannot hear My Word” (John 8:43 MKJV).

Paul

William

Post by William »

Yes I agree it is who you believe in. I believe in Jesus Christ who shed His precious blood to make an atonement for my sin. My life the same as every son of Adams race, Jew and Gentile included, was one of total rebellion against God. Jesus Christ lived the life that I should have lived and didn't, and paid the debt by dying on the cross to pay my sin price that I should have paid, along with rest of the human race in order to provide me with a perfect righteousness, and spare me from the eternal death that I deserved. That is what I mean by "what are you depending on for salvation". I am depending on the work the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross which alone provides a sinner with the righteousness needed for heaven. I hope that clears up what I mean if not I can give you some of the Lord Jesus Christs's words and those of His apostles for reference.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

“For I say to you that unless your righteousness shall exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven” (Matthew 5:20 MKJV).

Yes, William, we depend not only on His work, but on Him, which is manifested by taking up the cross to follow Him. No man can take up the cross but by God's grace in Christ.

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20 KJV).

In this way we're made perfect, becoming as He is and fulfilling His Law:

“Do we then make the Law void through faith? Let it not be! But we establish the Law” (Romans 3:31 MKJV).

Read The Cross - Only the Death Sentence Will Avail and How One Is Saved.

Paul

William

Post by William »

Precisely resting completely on Jesus Christ and His work for everything including faith repentance grace justification sanctification glorification etc etc realising we are nothing without Him and everything in Him.

WDS Nesbitt

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Amen, William, Now to go from theory to Reality. The trinity won't get you there. Only God, the Lord Jesus Christ, can.

“For certain men stole in, those of old having been written before to this judgment, ungodly ones perverting the grace of our God into unbridled lust, and denying the only Master, God, even our Lord Jesus Christ” (Jude 1:4 LITV).

Paul

David Lango

Post by David Lango »

God always was. Everything else, including Jesus, has a beginning. There are no "eternal souls". There is only ONE 'uncreated Being'. You cannot kill God. Our Father in heaven resurrected His only begotten Son, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ from the dead. Having to die is special. Sons of God created from spirit do not have to die. Some are resurrected to everlasting life. "Ye shall judge angels"!

The most horrible thing about the Trinity Doctrine is accusing Almighty God of mimicking the sins of the disobedient Sons of God who incarnated into flesh-and-blood (Genesis chapter 6) which brought our Creator to repent that He had made man upon the Earth!

I know that idea in part comes from the Watchers in the Books of Enoch, and I do beg pardon. However, we must admit that "incarnating" is a very Catholic idea!

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

David, if Jesus had a beginning, then He was created. That would make Him a creature whose worship would be forbidden. How then can you call Him Lord and Savior?

Consider what Thomas said of Jesus:

John 20:28-29 MKJV
(28) And Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God!
(29) Jesus said to him, Thomas, because you have seen Me you have believed. Blessed are they who have not seen and have believed.

Was Thomas wrong? If he was, why didn't Jesus correct him? On the contrary He confirmed that Thomas believed.

Read our section, Jesus Christ Is God

Return to “The Trinity”