Jesus Said Pray For Us Sinners

Discussion, with questions and answers regarding Catholicism.
Our complete website section can be found here.
Mike

Jesus Said Pray For Us Sinners

Post by Mike »

Is it not true that Jesus said pray for us sinners and let God take care of the rest. Prayer is everything and sometimes it may be the only thing we need to do, God's hands are not tied.

This is in response to what I see is bickering about who's truth and who's right God knows we don't.

Victor and Paul

Re: Jesus Said Pray For Us Sinners

Post by Victor and Paul »

Is it not true that Jesus said pray for us sinners and let God take care of the rest?

No, Mike, Jesus never spoke those words. In fact, He said things that contradict your idea of what He said.

John 17:6-9 MKJV
(6) I have revealed Your Name to the men whom You gave to Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.
(7) Now they have known that all things, whatever You have given Me, are from You.
(8) For I have given to them the Words which You gave Me, and they have received them and have known surely that I came out from You. And they have believed that You sent Me.
(9) I pray for them. I do not pray for the world, but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.
“He said to him the third time, Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me? Peter was grieved because He said to him a third time, Do you love Me? And he said to Him, Lord, You know all things, You know that I love You. Jesus said to him, Feed My sheep” (John 21:17 MKJV).

“Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves” (Matthew 7:15 MKJV).

And the Lord's servants, following His lead, have taught and done otherwise than what you suggest:

“Having made all haste to write to you about the common salvation, beloved, I had need to write to you to exhort you to contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints. For certain men crept in secretly, those having been of old previously written into this condemnation, ungodly ones perverting the grace of our God for unbridled lust, and denying the only Master, God, even our Lord Jesus Christ” (Jude 1:3-4 MKJV).

Your words, “Is it not true that Jesus said pray for us sinners” - reminds us of the Catholic prayer to Mary, petitioning her to “pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.” Are you Catholic?

Is it true as you say, “and who's right God knows we don't”? The Bible is full of testimony to contradict your statement. We NEED to know.

“Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life” (John 8:12 MKJV).

“I have come as a Light into the world, so that whoever believes on Me should not remain in darkness” (John 12:46 MKJV).

“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light” (Ephesians 5:8 MKJV).

“For He has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the Kingdom of His dear Son” (Colossians 1:13 MKJV).

“But you, brothers, are not in darkness, that the Day should overtake you like a thief” (1 Thessalonians 5:4 MKJV).

“But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things” (1 John 2:20 MKJV).

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32 MKJV).

You need to read the Scriptures with the Lord's guidance and counsel. If you have a problem with us “contending (what you call 'bickering') for the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 1:3),” it's because you don't know at least two things:

One, there's necessary and natural conflict between truth and error.

Two, those walking with the Lord know the difference between truth and error and that's why there's conflict between them and those in error who don't know the difference and even assume they can't know, as you assume.

“Holding fast the faithful Word according to the doctrine, that he [the servant of the Lord] may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and to convict the gainsayers” (Titus 1:9 MKJV).

If you don't know who's speaking the truth and who's right, Mike, then you shouldn't be speculating and passing judgment. You're not hearing from God - it's true - you're just projecting your own ignorance, protecting yourself in darkness. You walk blindly and not as the children of light, those having Christ's Mind and Spirit. That's because sin and consequent death and hell rule over you.

Mike, not only CAN you know the Truth, you MUST know, for life, and Jesus promised so. We know, because He has kept that promise.

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32 MKJV).

“Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed” (John 8:36 MKJV).

Paul Cohen & Victor Hafichuk

Mike

Re: Jesus Said Pray For Us Sinners

Post by Mike »

I did not put those words in quotes , prayer is the answer when your not sure of Gods words, for the average person, just how much of the Bible has the world read. We as Christians must help others who are not so included to read much of the word , including fellow Christians to find the Way to the word, pray if your not sure and leave God to handle the World.
Mark 16:15-16

Victor and Paul

Re: Jesus Said Pray For Us Sinners and Let God Take Care of

Post by Victor and Paul »

We are sure, Mike, because we know Who has called us and Whom we serve. Your problem is you don't know the Lord Jesus Christ and aren't seeking Him.

Paul and Victor

Return to “Catholicism”