What should I do if there are no churches in my area?

Correspondence regarding the case for coming out of the church systems built by men.
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

What should I do if there are no churches in my area?

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

This is a correspondence from our archives. We have sent notification to the correspondent.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Worship
To: The Path of Truth
Date: 7/2/2015 9:30 PM

I have a job as an assistant manager with Subway. My boss is not able to give me off on Saturday. I want to keep the weekly Sabbath but feel like I am out of luck so I ask for your prayers on my behalf in God working this out for me. I will continue to ask off from Friday evening until Saturday evening (basically will ask off from all day Friday and all day Saturday) I am given two days off a week.
The main reason I wrote to you was to ask what I should do if there are no churches in my area (besides SDA churches) to get with believers for worship. There is one church that worships on Saturday but is so far away that I don't like driving that far. (A good 20 minute drive on the interstate) What would you do? Why can't I just worship God in truth and in Spirit within my home..within myself through Bible reading, prayer, and vocal praise? Please give me your best advice.
Bryan Y.

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 8:07 AM
To: Bryan A.
Cc: 'Victor Hafichuk'
Subject: Re: Worship

Hi Bryan,

Where in the Bible do you ever see people looking for a church or synagogue to join? What we see is true worshippers worshipping in spirit and in truth 24/7 wherever they are, and with whomever God joins them.

Your mind and being has been polluted by the precepts of men taught in Counterfeit Christianity. Also read The Worship of God.

Read, read, read on our site, Bryan - avail yourself of the Lord's teaching now that you've found it. Did you know you had found it?

We are here to fellowship with whosoever will walk in the light with us:

"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

By the way, if there was a genuine fellowship in Christ gathering only a half hour away, don't you suppose it would be well worth it to drive that distance?

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk
http://www.ThePathofTruth.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 3:04 PM
To: Paul Cohen
Subject: Re: Worship

Hey and thanks for the response. I agree with you and many of your websites articles. It has been a great help and much of it is what the Holy Spirit has been trying to get me to see for awhile now. Most of what you say I have been warned about but over-looked due to a lack of knowledge in His Word. Thanks again. I will consider going back to the church. Have a good one, God bless you, and thanks for taking time to help me.

Bryan Y.

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 1:59 PM
Subject: Re[3]: Worship

Bryan, are you considering going back to the church because it's a genuine fellowship of believers, or because you hope it is? And if the former, how do you know?

Paul

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2015 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: Re[3]: Worship

In all honesty I am going back to church because I feel like that is what I am supposed to do. The problem is with me though. All my life I have struggled in relations with other people. Being friends with people is like a chore to me. Been out of gatherings for a couple years now.
Bryan

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:12 AM
Subject: Re[5]: Worship

So, Bryan, the answer is you don't know whether the group is of God. Nevertheless, you're willing to make a life or death decision based on your feelings.

"But he does not know that the dead are there; her guests are in the depths of hell" (Proverbs 9:18 MKJV).

How can you say you're hearing what we preach? You're treating the things of God casually. Unless there's a drastic change of course, that doesn't end well.

Paul

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: Re[5]: Worship

Can you elaborate on that ? I would like to see what your saying but in a more detailed way. You can be brutally honest with me too. I love to know truth if it'll drive me out of my wrong way of living or seeing.
Bryan

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:34 PM

I think I get what your saying and I believe it is this: Bryan, your doubts about going to church and not having a firm understanding within the Word of God to overcome these doubts is proof that you are not founded on Jesus but on your feelings. Is that correct ?
Bryan

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:42 PM

I will read more of your website. Thanks for it.
Bryan

Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:56 AM

Paul, you are far from being what you claim to be. I did a little research and found out that you truly are not what you claim to be. Disgusted man. Grow up. Learn Love. Learn God.

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:21 AM
Subject: Re[10]: Worship

You mean you found out stuff like this from your research, Bryan?

"For truly as concerning this sect, it is known to us that it is spoken against everywhere" (Acts 28:22 MKJV).

You did get one aspect of what I was saying in my letter correct, however - you're not founded on the Lord Jesus Christ and faith in Him, but on your feelings and carnal thinking.

"And everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the wind blew and beat on that house. And it fell, and great was its fall" (Matthew 7:26-27 MKJV).

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways" (James 1:8 KJV).

Paul

Return to “The Case for Coming Out”