I just read your website regarding the Holy Spirit and I'm afraid I've been deceived.

Correspondence regarding the case for coming out of the church systems built by men.
Meegan

I just read your website regarding the Holy Spirit and I'm afraid I've been deceived.

Post by Meegan »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hi there

I just read your website regarding the Holy Spirit and I'm afraid I've been deceived. Can you help people be guided back to the truth? If do, I'll fill you in on details. I live in Australia.
Warmest regards,

MEEGAN

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: I just read your website regarding the Holy Spirit and I'm afraid I've been deceived.

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Meegan,

This world is full of deception and lies, and if one can see clearly by the grace of God, men's religious institutions and works are plainly of this world. The proofs are many - The True Marks of a Cult. Are you hungering and thirsting after righteousness? Are you ready to forsake this world and what appears to be in your best interests, to have the best from God, even the life of His Son, Whose life was given for us that we might live by His resurrection power?

If you're being drawn to the Lord Jesus Christ Whom we preach, nothing will keep you from being “guided back to the truth,” because He IS the Truth. We're here by His grace and doing to assist whosoever will come. He is faithful.

Do fill us in, Meegan. Are you continuing to read on our site? There's nothing to fear in being undeceived and disillusioned. You should rather fear remaining in darkness and deception. The truth will set you free.

Paul and Victor
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Meegan

Re: I just read your website regarding the Holy Spirit and I'm afraid I've been deceived.

Post by Meegan »

Hi Paul how do I move into the kingdom of light. I felt the presence of Jesus many years ago & heard his voice, however took the wrong turn with my own motives...
How do I turn it around?

Meegan

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

You were going to fill us in on the details, Meegan. Start with following through on all the things you know you should be doing, and God will give you more. Read Obedience.

Did you read the other writing we gave you?

Have you been reading the teachings on our site for instruction in the ways of God, such as Repentance? There is help for those who hunger after His righteousness.

“Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness! For they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6 MKJV).

Paul

Meegan

Post by Meegan »

Hi Paul

I have been reading your blog. I grew up catholic til 10 but my family weren't followers and I didn't read the bible so fell into deception of the world - TV, parties, working to save to travel, fornication etc. I was disillusioned & wanted more & sought more so went to Thailand. I was seeking God but didn't know yoga and tarot were also demonic and my motives weren't pure. Felt gods love & knew Jesus in my heart but satan put a thought in my mind (trouble with not knowing the word of God & being in new age u don't know how to argue against satan if u don't know he exists). I had an OBE and stopped breathing, & many other things... I don't know how to come back. I've studied many followers of Jesus (not churches per say) such as smith wigglesworth, Derek prince, Charles finney, John Wesley & RA Torrey, frank Hammond & there are ministries today that are bearing true & good fruit such as Amazima & World Compassion (terry law) and even Darlene hesch from Hillsong as they are spreading the gospel in unreached countries supporting the poor the widow & the orphan. Thoughts?

Warmly, Meegan

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6 MKJV).

Hi Meegan,

You talk about “coming back,” but to what? You haven't had a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, so what is there to come back to? A feeling? Isn't repentance and obedience through faith needed now in order to have so much more than a feeling - the immense privilege and reality of walking with God, pleasing Him and having eternal life?

Did you read the other links I gave you in the last letter? Read about faith, too. You've been indoctrinated and tainted by men's Diabolical Doctrines. But as I said - you can be “undeceived” by hearing the Word of God that cultivates faith. Read generously on our site and believe the truth of the Scriptures.

Read Houston, Brian: Partying “Down Under,” MegaChurch Style, regarding Hillsong, brought up in your letter. You're mistaken about representatives of this organization bearing good fruit. They and their works are corrupt, despite outward appearances to the contrary. Remember, the Pharisees also did good works and appeared righteous to men:

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so you also appear righteous to men outwardly, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity” (Matthew 23:27-28 MKJV).

You don't need to take our word for these things, Meegan. We're not giving you our opinion. We're telling you what we've learned from the Lord and what is confirmed by the Scriptures we've applied and explained on our site.

You can't follow the Lord by studying the lives of those professing to be men of God, even if they're authentic. You need your own oil that comes by exercising faith in the One Whom true men of God preach. The Lord Jesus Christ has a unique relationship and purpose, living and dynamic, for each person He calls to be His son or daughter.

But count the cost, because following the Lord will cost you everything. It means losing your life:

“Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it” (Luke 17:33 KJV).

Matthew 8:20-22 MKJV
(20) And Jesus said to him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.
(21) And another of His disciples said to him, Lord, allow me first to go and bury my father.
(22) But Jesus said to him, Follow Me, and let the dead bury their dead.

“And every one that has forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My Name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first” (Matthew 19:29-30 KJV).

If you will be pleasing to God you will be displeasing to men, but it will be far more than worth it, in this life and the next.

“…looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:2 MKJV).

Read Our Testimonies and wHaT tHe LoRd HaS dOnE wItH mE.

Paul

Meegan

Post by Meegan »

Hi Paul

I guess that God is the only one who knows the hearts of his followers despite which organisation they do/don't belong to. At the end of the day we are to love as God loves. Will read more of your website as suggested.

Warmly, Meegan

Meegan

Post by Meegan »

Hi Paul

Just read some more of your website -

Yes I have had concerns of much of today's doctrines particularly with no understanding of repentance & sin. I read such an interesting story about smith wigglesworth who was modern apostle of faith - he only read the bible & came from poverty & moved around teaching & preaching & healing wherever God lead him - he was able to call people out of darkness as he was gifted in discerning people's sin. I read a book recently sharing stories of people coming to Christ during revivals & the sorrow of their souls in recognition of sin so much so that others had to pray for them. I believe I have been deceived and have had burning & tormenting dreams etc but have no idea how to ask God to forgive me. I've been convicted and realise the depths of sins but feel so far from Jesus. As for Darlene from Hillsong, she was a singer for them however she has left to start her own ministry. As for me ... Any prayers or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Blessings Meegan

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Meegan,

You've been consuming much religious junk that has addled your mind with tainted knowledge. You need to put it all away, as fast as you can, as one would put away crack cocaine for the sake of their health and sanity and wellbeing of their loved ones.

Consider: If these materials you refer to were of God and wholesome influence, you would know very well how to ask Him for forgiveness. But your knowledge is getting you nowhere because it's not coming from the Tree of Life. Your mentors haven't led you to Christ - they have led you to knowledge that keeps you from Christ. Your mind is in a cloud of confusion. That's the work of Mystery, the imposter of Christ and whore called “Babylon (confusion) the Great.”

More antidote from our site:

Wigglesworth, Smith: Playing God Instead of Trusting Him
Prince, Derek: Satans Redemption

Immerse yourself in the truth of the Scriptures taught in the writings we're giving you, Meegan. Your only hope is to come to Him Who is speaking through us and His saints.

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32 MKJV).

“Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed” (John 8:36 MKJV).

Paul and Victor

Return to “The Case for Coming Out”