I do not want to go back to my sin

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Johnathon

I do not want to go back to my sin

Post by Johnathon »

Dear, Victor

My Mother and Grandmother read me bible stories from my earliest memories.

I always enjoyed them. Most of them Old Testament that I can remember.
Stories of Adam and Eve, Abraham, Noah, and Samson. I especially loved the story of Samson. His strength, and power, but unlike the others the way his life ended stuck with me.

I so wanted him to go off into the sunset, happy and un beaten. But as we both know that is not the case.

When I was a teenager my mother started our family in the Catholic Church. Immediately I felt something wasn't right. I did not understand certain things. But I began to read the bible for my self. I loved what Jesus did. His acts brought me to tears nearly every time. Though I did have some hang ups with some of what he did,(turning the other cheek), eventually my heart melted towards him.

We eventually left the Catholic Church as a family.

Then came "saved" as others have put it. "Have you been saved?"" Do you know what Jesus wants from you?" "Accept Jesus into your heart"
"Repent and be saved"

I rejected water baptism, I did not think that Jesus would enter me that way.

I have never liked church.

I continued to study the bible myself but got discouraged. Much of the books confused me. I wanted Paul or Peter or John or even Stephen. I asked myself, where are these men? Why is no one around like them today? Certainly The Lord resides in them. But none of these pastors seem to be like them.

Long story short, I have been reading your website and have been crying of and on for 4 days. So hard the first day my head hurt for a whole day.

I do not want to go back to my sin. And so want Jesus to speak to me.

I texted my girlfriend today. I told her I will not go on sinning.
She was scared. I do not know if she understands.

Victor Hafichuk

Re: I do not want to go back to my sin

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Johnathon,

Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all men. He is our One and Only Great and Perfect Hope. He is the Answer to all things, all problems. By Him were all things created, both good and evil. All things were made for Him and for His glory. He is All in all.

I was raised Catholic; I recall my mother reading some Scripture to me and my siblings shortly after they were sold an expensive Bible by a door to door salesman. Her attempted interest and reading didn't last long. It was a very unpleasant experience to me. The Bible remained on a shelf collecting dust, worshiped and hated at the same time.

The Lord calls on us to repent of our sins, primarily of trusting ourselves to be good and right with Him. God willing, you'll call on Him and receive grace to be free of your sins and alive to Him. Truth has a way of doing that, if you believe.

Keep reading at our site; ask the Lord to guide you. He has provided much for all seekers of the Truth. He calls on all men to repent and turn to Him for Life. His Law is Life; His Truth is Life; He is Life. All else is death and desolation.

Johnathon, He isn't only able to save us; it's His will, and what He wills, He does. Here you are, searching, reaching out to Him. Don't give up; persist as did the importunate widow with the judge and He'll not disappoint you. Trust Him; He's perfectly trustworthy and faithful.

If your girlfriend is frightened, you both need to realize why. What's wrong with repentance? What's wrong with having a right relationship with God? What's wrong with truth and life and goodness? The powers of darkness will try to prevent us, but as you know, they stand no chance at all against the light.

“For many are called, but few chosen” (Matthew 22:14 MKJV).

Matthew 24:37-41 MKJV
(37) But as the days of Noah were, so shall be the coming of the Son of Man.
(38) For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered into the ark.
(39) And they did not know until the flood came and took them all away. So also will be the coming of the Son of Man.
(40) Then two shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(41) Two shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

True, taking up the cross to follow Christ does mean death - to the prince of this dark world and to self. But know that this life is death and the death by the cross of Christ for His sake brings us to Life. As inhabitants of this realm, we've been deceived, thinking the very opposite of what is true. If we don't come out of that deception, we'll perish. But if we're willing to pass through the Portal of Life, we enter a new world, a dimension of true hope, peace and purpose.

Turn on a small light in a room full of darkness and notice how the darkness must give way to just a little light. See how the rising sun dispels the night. How much more must the darkness of this world make way for Jesus Christ, the Light of all men?

If you are called, you are very fortunate, Johnathon. He has brought you here to hear the truth and be saved.

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32 MKJV).

“Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed” (John 8:36 MKJV).

Where are you, by the way?

Victor

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”