Like fire and ice, it's will to will

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Cassidy King

Like fire and ice, it's will to will

Post by Cassidy King »

The Lord's work is always perfect. Despite my own pride and selfishness His Will is done. How can I call myself a Christian and attempt to stand in the Lord's way? Is this not taking the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in vain? I can call the Lord "my" Lord all day long but until I submit to His will it's just words. How can I call what I'm doing taking up my cross when I subtly attempt to shift His will? He chastises and scourges me inwardly for doing so, making my pride and rebellion against Him known to me. The Lord has seen and knows my sin, that sin of the heart that only His Holy Spirit sees. When the light shines on the darkness it exposes it. The Lord gave me to realize while talking with Dennison today that I am intimidated by Paul and Victor, that I feel as though they are more than human. This placing of men on the throne of my heart has caused me to neglect some of the sin in myself. When Dennison told me today "do you realize that one day Paul and Victor will die?" I felt a little shocked. I was given to deeply remember that the Lord is the Lord and He sees all my sin, my thoughts, my intentions(even the ones I try to hide from myself), my heart, and every secret thing. I cannot say how refreshing yet terrifying this is. Even if I choose to not confess a sin to Paul and Victor the Lord still sees it and I'm just killing myself spiritually if I don't confess it. I am worshiping the Lord Jesus Christ, not men, not any men, no matter how much I respect and look up to someone. It is the Lord which I am truly respecting, the Lord working through simple humans. If I go one step farther just to be a part of this group, just to gain some friends, just to repair my marriage, just to do ANYTHING other that do the Lord's will in all things, thoughts, and every matter of life, then I am a thief and a robber. Lord please don't allow me to continue taking on your name if I am not doing it in Truth. I know You will not hold anyone guiltless for taking Your Holy Name in vain.
Matthew 5:15
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

John 3:19
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Acts 26:18
to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

The Lord Jesus Christ is a consuming fire. And the frigid man of sin is destroyed and replaced by Him. I was taught as a child that it was melted by His peace and love which He gives freely if we "say we believe" and "trust in His grace". But this is what says the Holy Spirit through the "man after God's(Jesus') own heart".
Psalm 1:4
Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away.

Psalm 37:9
For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

Psalm 37:20
But the wicked will perish: Though the LORD's enemies are like the flowers of the field, they will be consumed, they will go up in smoke.

Psalm 37:28
For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed; the offspring of the wicked will perish.

Psalms 51
1 Have mercy on me, God, according to your loving kindness.
According to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity.
Cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions.
My sin is constantly before me.
4 Against you, and you only, have I sinned,
and done that which is evil in your sight;
that you may be proved right when you speak,
and justified when you judge.
5 Behold, I was born in iniquity.
In sin my mother conceived me.
6 Behold, YOU DESIRE TRUTH IN THE INWARD PARTS.
You teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

Brad Mathews

Re: Like fire and ice, it's will to will

Post by Brad Mathews »

Hi Cassidy,

On some level, I can relate to what you state in what I quoted from your Post. It's certainly wholesome and proper to be obedient to those being used by the Lord in taking the lead, but we must also be cautious that we don't make them into Idols of worship. I don't say this lightly or mean it as any disrespect of the position the Lord has given Victor, Paul or Martin, but to demonstrate that I have to maintain a balanced view towards them also, because I have a tendency towards what you describe in what I quoted from your post found below. Of course, I believe it's better to err towards being submissive to their lead than going in a direction of a " You can't tell me what to do" attitude.

Quote from Cassidy's Post: " The Lord gave me to realize while talking with Dennison today that I am intimidated by Paul and Victor, that I feel as though they are more than human. This placing of men on the throne of my heart has caused me to neglect some of the sin in myself. When Dennison told me today "do you realize that one day Paul and Victor will die?"

There's a scripture somewhere that basically says: " Be obedient to those taking the lead as they watch over your Souls," but I looked all over the place and can't seem to find it, thought it was in 1 Peter.5: something, but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else can ! ;)

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Yield to those leading you, and be submissive, for they watch for your souls, as those who must give account, that they may do it with joy and not with grief; for that is unprofitable for you. (Hebrews 13:17 MKJV)

Bradley, download e-Sword with the KJV+ (concordance). You had words you could have looked up with relative ease.

Brad Mathews

Post by Brad Mathews »

Victor Hafichuk wrote:Yield to those leading you, and be submissive, for they watch for your souls, as those who must give account, that they may do it with joy and not with grief; for that is unprofitable for you. (Hebrews 13:17 MKJV)

Bradley, download e-Sword with the KJV+ (concordance). You had words you could have looked up with relative ease.
Victor,

I have the E-Sword with 6 Translations, but it doesn't have the Concordance part downloaded. Have to do that ! Yesterday, in the back of my mind when posting, I considered Hebrews, but didn't try it.

Cassidy King

Post by Cassidy King »

Quote from Bradley: Of course, I believe it's better to err towards being submissive to their lead than going in a direction of a " You can't tell me what to do" attitude.

Lord willing my post did not come across to be having that kind of attitude and I whole heartedly agree with you there Bradley!

Yes I certainly did not intend to say we should not submit to the authorities the Lord has placed, i was trying to only say that I have gone to another level than that lately. But I joyfully submit to Paul, Victor, Martin, and others in the Lord. I also need to look to the Lord and not ONLY try to find out exactly what to do in every situation by trying to get exact instruction from our God given leaders. Many times I know the Lord wants me to seek counsel, but there are sometimes when I call Paul already knowing the answer is going to be "stop over thinking and trust the Lord". At these times I realized I am not seeking counsel for a good reason but due to fear and lack of trust in the Lord. I would never want anyone to take something I said to mean we should not fully submit the these authorities the Lord has placed though. I must be more careful in my wording of things.

Brad Mathews

Post by Brad Mathews »

Hi Cassidy,

It's all good, didn't think you had the wrong attitude, I was just posting to demonstrate that I can identify with what you said and to remind us we need to be balanced. Of course, the Lord determines and decides what that balance is.

Quote from Cassidy King: " I also need to look to the Lord and not ONLY try to find out exactly what to do in every situation by trying to get exact instruction from our God given leaders. "

Comment: I understand where your coming from, I have a tendency of second guessing myself, already knowing the answer, but often call Paul or Victor for confirmation, so I'm guilty as charged. :)

Allan Halldorson

Post by Allan Halldorson »

Brad Mathews wrote:Hi Cassidy,

On some level, I can relate to what you state in what I quoted from your Post. It's certainly wholesome and proper to be obedient to those being used by the Lord in taking the lead, but we must also be cautious that we don't make them into Idols of worship. I don't say this lightly or mean it as any disrespect of the position the Lord has given Victor, Paul or Martin, but to demonstrate that I have to maintain a balanced view towards them also, because I have a tendency towards what you describe in what I quoted from your post found below. Of course, I believe it's better to err towards being submissive to their lead than going in a direction of a " You can't tell me what to do" attitude.

Quote from Cassidy's Post: " The Lord gave me to realize while talking with Dennison today that I am intimidated by Paul and Victor, that I feel as though they are more than human. This placing of men on the throne of my heart has caused me to neglect some of the sin in myself. When Dennison told me today "do you realize that one day Paul and Victor will die?"

There's a scripture somewhere that basically says: " Be obedient to those taking the lead as they watch over your Souls," but I looked all over the place and can't seem to find it, thought it was in 1 Peter.5: something, but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else can ! ;)
no matter how much smarter someone else may seem, they are never more than just human. worship NO man, if they know more than you, it is just they have studied more than you! they are NOT gods, they are just human beings like you.

humbly...allan

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

You have a mixture in your comments, Allan. Allow me to correct your post here you've asked us to approve.

It's certainly true that no man (or woman) is to be worshiped, no matter who he is:

Revelation 22:8-9 ESV
(8) I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me,
(9) but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."

When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man." (Acts 10:25-26 ESV)

Acts 14:11-15 ESV
(11) And when the crowds saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in Lycaonian, "The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!"
(12) Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker.
(13) And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance to the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds.
(14) But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out,
(15) "Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news, that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, Who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.

Where you err is in saying, "if they know more than you, it is just they have studied more than you!"

Study is only one way to knowing more, which is common in the world among unbelievers as well as believers. However, in the spiritual or faith context, or in the Kingdom, if you will, the Lord gives an anointing; He gives special wisdom, understanding and ability to those He appoints as apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers to minister to the rest of His Body.

You say of those appearing to have some sort of superiority, "they are NOT gods, they are just human beings like you."

"Gods," without caps, are rulers, so while the Lord's ministers aren't independent creators, they are gods, that is "elohim," or rulers, though they aren't God. However, they do represent Jesus Christ, and those who receive them receive Jesus Christ Who sent them even as those who received Jesus Christ received the Father. Jesus Christ's servants are "gods" who carry His authority.

"He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me. He who receives a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward. And he who receives a just one in the name of a just one will receive a just one's reward" (Matthew 10:40-41 MKJV).

John 10:34-36 MKJV
(34) Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, "I said, You are gods (Greek theos; Hebrew elohim)?"
(35) If He called those gods with whom the Word of God was, and the Scripture cannot be broken,
(36) do you say of Him whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world, You blaspheme, because I said, I am the Son of God?

Nevertheless, all are mere human beings; very true, though not in every respect equal. In any case no man is to be worshiped or deified or venerated. Just to clarify.

Cassidy King

Post by Cassidy King »

Thank you Lord and amen.

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”