How do I know I'm saved?

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Bray Southwood

How do I know I'm saved?

Post by Bray Southwood »

I don't feel saved and my life hasn't changed.

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Re: How do I know I'm saved?

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Hi Bray,

Why are you concerned with whether or not your are saved? And, saved from what? What in your life is the same that you'd want changed?

Ronnie

Bray Southwood

Post by Bray Southwood »

Saved like eternal salvation. Some things in my life has changed, like I'm not on drugs anymore except smoking but other than that people usually say amazing things happen when they get saved, I'm pretty lonely, thats the biggest thing and I still don't have a proper job but I'm trying to get there.

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Hi Bray,

Read the following paper, along with the papers that are linked in it:

How One Is Saved

It sounds like you've been influenced by the false salvation taught in the average Christian church - a sort of inexpensive, but counterfeit insurance policy that temporarily soothes the conscience but never pays out in the end. That sort of salvation isn't salvation at all - it's destruction. You can be very thankful you don't "feel saved" like that.

Ronnie

Bray Southwood

Post by Bray Southwood »

I read That before I made this post and followed the steps but I don't "know" I am saved like the article says.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Bray, if one is saved, they know it. The salvation comes with knowledge and conviction by the very fact that Christ is in them. If you don't know you're saved, it's because you're not saved. The Lord's coming is as light shining brightly from east to west; it's that evident. And how should it not be? It's none other than the Creator Himself having come and presented Himself directly and personally.

Of course, we also have millions of liars claiming to be saved and exaggerating their position and state, declaring just how sure they are of being saved. God has sent strong delusion to such:

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie, so that all those who do not believe the truth, but delight in unrighteousness, might be condemned" (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 MKJV).

Perhaps you've red all that we say on this matter but it's apparent you haven't received the Truth by the gift of faith from the Lord? Let's identify the problem and answer in simple terms. You need to repent of your life and its direction. Only God can give you the grace for that. You need to truly believe on Him and obey. It is that simple.

You have avoided the cross, the death sentence; you're still clinging to your old life and wanting the benefits of this world. You are wanting to eat your cake and have it, too. It won't happen.

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”