Knowing Jesus and receiving healing

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Geoff Andersen

Knowing Jesus and receiving healing

Post by Geoff Andersen »

Hi Victor,

Recently I discovered your website as I was searching for some clarification on Andrew Wommack who was making me feel increasingly uneasy. Many thanks for that.

So, over the last few weeks I’ve intensively read a tiny sprinkling of your articles (that’s one large website!), mainly to check out whether I felt you were “kosher” or not. No insult intended: I’ve been lied to so many times by “church leaders,” “Bible teachers” (including Wommack) and “Christian” websites, and I’m slowly learning to be wary. Having said that, I’m not at all confident that I’m qualified to judge—much goes over my head. And so while there are, admittedly, certain teachings you’ve published which I don’t altogether understand, I haven’t found much with which I actually disagree. I’ve even found some things which I’ve long suspected but have never heard teaching on at all, so that’s good :) .

I may want to get back to some of that later, but for now the main things that struck me were, firstly, your confident personal knowledge of Jesus Christ, in what seems to be an almost conversational relationship. Secondly, I think I understand you to state that sickness/illness/injury are (at least normally) caused by individual sin: your “Holy Waters” piece.

I have a deep and intense personal interest in both of these points because I first “accepted” Jesus’ lordship of my life, over thirty-two years ago, specifically in order to have that intimate relationship, because that’s what the preacher was talking about (er, no, not repentance). I just longed to hear His voice and to live for Him. I’ve spent the last 32 years searching intently to get there, and failing. I’m beginning to suspect that my natural attraction to the written word has kept leading me back to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, rather than the Tree of Life because so many of the better educated “Christian” writers have produced books, and I have been drawn to Andrew Murray, Watchman Nee, A W Tozer, Jessie Penn-Lewis, and so on.

In all that time I’ve only met ONE person (truly, just one) who ever impressed me that she seemed to have that relationship with Jesus I longed for, and she died of cancer before I could get to know her, so who knows? So when I read your articles and Paul’s, claiming exactly that, you can see why I was instantly alert. I want what you seem to have more than anything!

On the sickness front, three years ago the doctors discovered a growth within my spinal column which had damaged the spinal cord and I was forced to stop work. Five surgeries later I am now sitting in a powered wheelchair all day, completely incapable of walking or working, with serious toiletry issues. lol. If this is due to sin then I need to find out what I’ve done and get repenting as it’s not only spoiled my quality of life, but that of my wife and family too.

What would you need to know from me and about me in order to be able to give me some personally specific guidance? Or can you just pray about my situation and hear something pertinent?

Here’s some background which might help:

My wife and I “came to faith” in 1986 and joined a lively Anglican church in North London. We soon found ourselves expecting our second child and committed it (him) utterly to the Lord. When he was born he had Downs’ Syndrome, which, though something of a shock, we gratefully accepted as from the Lord who ‘gave’ me his name: “Raphael,” meaning Healing of God, by ‘highlighting’ the name in the baby names book when I asked Him. Raphael is now 29 and has not been healed at all.

Some five years ago, my eldest (then in his mid-twenties) decided he was going to be an atheist and directly, and very aggressively, challenged not only our faith, but also our intelligence, for not falling in with science’s “proven” views. As a result of trying to defend myself—at least in my own mind—I delved a lot deeper into what the Bible says and what “science” says, and strengthened my own faith a lot. Possibly not what he intended. At least we don’t argue any more as my wife and I refused to get drawn into trading insults, though he hurt us deeply at the time. We always kept the door open, but he’s still pretty challenged by being the only member of our family who is not, at some level, a believer.

Our third son got married at 18 and they seem to be reasonably strong Christians, though probably not by your terms, and our youngest, our daughter, is trying to be, though she clearly struggles, and the enemy seems to be out to destroy her—most recently by trying to drown her off a Brazilian beach.

Over the years, due to moving around, we have joined and attended a number of “churches,” including Nazarene, Pentecostal, and Vineyard in England. Most failed us one way or another. The latest was the Vineyard which started to promote IHOP, Bethel, and the Dominionist teachings of the NAR. I took the trouble to warn the leader that this was dangerous and unscriptural ground and was openly rejected, as he said he needed people who would sign up to his leadership. We’ve not been back. My spinal problems flared up over the following 18 months.
Please let me know if you can help at all, and particularly if there’s anything the Lord brings to your spirit which might apply.

Many thanks for your time and may the Lord bless you and your ministry,

Geoff Andersen

Victor Hafichuk

Re: Knowing Jesus and receiving healing

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Geoff!

I can tell you that IF you're truly open to the Lord, IF He has granted you the grace to look to and trust in Him, you'll find all you need to know in almost every nook and cranny of ThePathofTruth. The Truth that redeems and heals is there for anyone who believes and avails themselves of it.

There's no such thing as a problem for which there is no solution. That is because Jesus Christ Is the Solution, Greater than anything in His creation. There is an answer to every question because in Him is All Knowledge and Wisdom. Geoff, it's THAT SIMPLE.

You've been walking the halls of false Christendom, Mystery Babylon, both without and within. You've trusted men and you've trusted yourself. By your words, I see you continue to trust yourself, your perception, judgment, understanding. And that's why all the problems in your body, mind, and family.

But now the Lord has brought you here; you're advancing, "getting hotter," as you search for the Lord. Read at our site, repeat read, meditate, pray, ask the Lord to show you what you must see and do. Putting your confidence in Him, you can't lose.

It's not a matter of doctrine or religious practice; it's about repenting of all sin (anything pertaining to disregarding His Law) and placing your faith squarely in Him; no compromises, no double-mindedness; no half-heartedness. It's all or nothing; there's no other way.

For now, read at the teachings and Diabolical Doctrines; read The Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Repentance, What Is Faith, The Bane of Bitterness, The Case for Coming Out, Acceptance, and many others. Read them again and again.

Key: Faith/Trust in His Character and Righteousness.

Romans 10:6-13 MKJV
(6) But the righteousness of faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who shall ascend into Heaven?" that is, to bring Christ down;
(7) or "Who shall descend into the deep?"; that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.
(8) But what does it say? "The Word is near you, even in your mouth and in your heart"; that is, the Word of Faith which we proclaim;
(9) Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
(10) For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.
(11) For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."
(12) For there is no difference both of Jew and of Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call on Him.
(13) For everyone, "whoever shall call on the Name of the Lord will be saved."

Geoff, He's Real, Faithful, True, Here, and Now. Know it.

Geoff Andersen

Post by Geoff Andersen »

Hi Victor,

Thank you so much for your kind, thoughtful and helpful response. As I read it my spirit was not so much nodding in agreement, as tingling with anticipation. I think unlearning to trust myself is going to be the biggest hurdle, as I’ve already unlearned to trust (learned not to trust) those who currently claim understanding in ‘churches,’ books and online. I begin to feel that even passing references to the truth can only be found in very small pockets since the enemy has fouled almost every source with his lies.

I’ve made a start on your reading list and I’m already feeling much better about God’s character as I’d always understood that Hell and eternal suffering were part of His arrangement—it’s such a relief to learn the truth :o) That’s the Lord I’m seeking! One Who is holier and purer and mightier and more magnificent than any man could possibly be. I’d always wondered why He had no empathy or mercy. As you say, we, as fallen men, wouldn’t wish eternal suffering even on our enemies. I always felt that eternal anything, without Jesus, would soon be Hell; from sheer boredom if nothing else. And I couldn’t think of anyone I would wish that on—especially as we are told to forgive if we want to be forgiven.

Getting a small glimpse of what you term “the halls of false Christendom” is quite the revelation—no wonder I was floundering!

Bless you Victor, and thank you again for your time. I’ll get back to you as I progress :)

Geoff

Geoff Andersen

Post by Geoff Andersen »

Hi Victor,

As you directed, I have been reading, and reading, all kinds of things on your site; meditating on them; and praying about them—for which I truly thank you. Here I have discovered that much I have longed to be true is true, and much I have long disliked is false—praise the Lord! I have also discovered some great explanations of Bible passages which are a delight. Thank you again.

We were already led out of the organised “church” two or three years ago, but that has led to no fellowship at all here as we know of no true disciples of Jesus, either in assemblies or even individuals. We also stopped celebrating Christmas and Easter many years ago. We did wonder about celebrating Passover instead, as “Resurrection Day,” but somehow we never did.

As a result of all this I have come to a number of conclusions and actions:
• Jesus directly led me to your site in gracious response to my prayers to “know the Truth” and to “see things as You (Jesus) see them, ie, Your reality”
• I want, more than anything, to hear from Jesus for myself; to know Him and to love Him truly
• Many “church” teachings (eg, baptisms) make it very tricky to work out where one has personally got to (if anywhere) in one’s relationship with God
• I have not been baptised in the Holy Spirit
• I long to know for sure that I am forgiven, cleansed and accepted
• There is nothing and no one I would choose to hang on to in preference to Jesus—I think
• I have repented, as far as I know, for all my sins, attitudes, habits, beliefs, deceptions, hopes, fears, heresies, etc
• I have truly forgiven, as far as I know, everyone who has ever hurt or offended me or those I love, or even seemed to, however seriously or casually
• I have no wish to waste any more time on false teachings
• I have had a certain, though incomplete as yet, level of success in “sinning no more”
• My disability (virtual paralysis from the waist down) may well be the result of believing, at least temporarily, the teachings of the “church” and trusting in my own understanding—I have also repented of those, though I’m not at all sure how to jettison the tree of Knowledge of good and evil—it’s all I’ve ever known
• We have started to celebrate the Sabbath each week, though the fine detail of what we do practically will have to develop
• Jesus is obviously the answer to all our problems
• You are what you claim to be—praise the Lord!
• And what you have is what my heart has been yearning for all these years—life in fullness
• I learned the wrong way in the house of my enemies, now I need to learn the right way in the house of Jesus. You may not agree with free will, but I want to be free to follow Jesus and worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

So what do I do next? I choose to put my trust in Him unconditionally, to obey and suffer as necessary. How can I be baptised in the Holy Spirit when I know nobody in this part of the world who is actually God’s man who can pray for me? Can you do it over Skype? Do I have to wait on the Lord or does my current position indicate that He is ready to grant me this blessing? How do I receive my healing on my own? If you were to ask Jesus what I should do next, would He tell you for me? Or do you already know? Or would He tell me Himself?

I would definitely appreciate some directions here :o)

Bless you Victor

Geoff

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi, Geoff!

Perhaps others may have things to say here. My only counsel at the moment is that you need to place your trust in the Living God, the Risen, Almighty Lord Jesus Christ Who has been given all authority in Heaven and earth. Everything is in His hands. He reigns supreme.

It's not about what you do or don't do, know or don't know, have or don't have, say or don't say. It's not about those things at all that you gain access to Heaven. Gaining access to the Lord and His Kingdom is through faith, which, as ironic as it may seem, is also up to Him. It's His work from A to Z. HE is the A and the Z:

Ephesians 2:8-10 MKJV
(8) For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
(9) not of works, lest anyone should boast.
(10) For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

Romans 10:3-13 MKJV
(3) For they, being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righteousness of God.
(4) For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone who believes.
(5) For Moses writes of the righteousness which is of the Law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."
(6) But the righteousness of faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who shall ascend into Heaven?" that is, to bring Christ down;
(7) or "Who shall descend into the deep?"; that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.
(8) But what does it say? "The Word is near you, even in your mouth and in your heart"; that is, the Word of Faith which we proclaim;
(9) Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
(10) For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.
(11) For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."
(12) For there is no difference both of Jew and of Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call on Him.
(13) For everyone, "whoever shall call on the Name of the Lord will be saved."

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”