Confusion

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Paul Bardi

Confusion

Post by Paul Bardi »

A few details about myself

Called from a wayward life over 30 years ago. Joined the Worldwide Church of God for 15 years until discovering it was a false church. Went back into the world and turned my back on God and ended up getting myself into a worse state than before.

12 years of vanity and futility in the world when I began hearing His voice again. I couldn't let go of the world this time. Satans way had a firm grip on me. However one day I was in the world, the next I broke down and gave myself back to Him. This went on for about 6 months and was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.

Finally I gave myself totally to Him in tears every night. This was 3 years ago and today I know my Lord Jesus Christ more than ever. I never knew Him in the past in WWCG.

I prayed and prayed He would lead me to a church/gathering of like minded people who kept the sabbath and ' Thus says the lord' was their teaching.
I found a local congregation and happily attended sabbath services for nearly 3 years. However this last 12 months I believe He is showing me that this church doesn't teach the truth.

It started when one sermon, given by a the pastors 'wife' gave a sermon on The Trinty which I do not adhere to. It confused me for some time that they were teaching a lie. How could this be? I believed this church preached the truth. Then one of the pastors commented saying that Liz, a recently departed member was now with the Lord.

Alarm bells started ringing and I had to ask him why he believed this as the scripture teaches, ' the dead know nothing' and that 'Liz' would not see the Lord until the resurrection. He replied, 'the resurrection has already happened because she was now in eternity' more alarm bells rang. Then a minister who was to leave the congregation and go to do his work in India said, 'I was praying to the Holy spirit the other day, I often pray to the Holy Spirit' wooahh I thought, these things are happening one week after another and it was then I realised, ' they are not teaching Gods Word'

This church takes communion with bread and wine once a month ( not eucharist ) but the taking of bread and wine. After reading your post about Passover I am confused, bewildered and unsteady. After all these years I feel like I am back to square one. I have been earnestly seeking Jesus Christ my Lord for years and I am often broken and in tears asking for more of Him and less of man and myself.

Am I flogging a dead horse by attending this church, which keep the feasts ( I do not ) I am just about to get involved with them in feeding the homeless every Friday and I really want to be involved in reaching out to help others. Do I turn away from this congregation which has strong Hebrew roots and worships Israel to the point of taking their eye of the ball ( Jesus Christ ) and putting Israel above Him.

They often talk in tongues but not to edify the church. Sometimes there is no interpreter. And more than one babbler at a time. Is this of God? Not according to scripture.

Can I continue to fellowship with them? Can I still meet with them to feed the hungry and homeless every Friday? What about communion? Is this not of God? What about scripture that says to do this in remembrance of Him? Has this been corrupted too and belng to the weak and beggardly things?

My mind is all over the place and I feel I am losing the joy that is in Christ. I feel I am losing the treasure PEACE that is in my saviour. I trust no one except my Lord Not one human being do I trust. Not wife, family or friend. They are all unbelievers and of the world. My trust is in the Lord and I have faith He will guide me.

Blessing to you all in the name of Jesus Christ.

Paul

Victor Hafichuk

Re: Confusion

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Paul, read and read and read at our site. You'll learn much if you believe. Pray that you will. Ask and you will receive when believing you have what you've asked for.

"The dead know not anything." It's not as you think; it's not unconsciousness. For example, the Lord said, "Let the dead bury the dead." It's true the dead don't know anything, but then how do you reconcile those two statements?

Worship of God is not by works or by doctrine. You have never heard the Lord's Voice. I tell you this for your sake, not to fault. I'm not faulting you for unrighteousness' sake but to point out the fault already there so that you might be saved.

If one is born again of the Spirit of God, having Christ within, does not that one receive and have eternal life? And then when that one dies (shedding the body of this world), do you really believe that one will go into unconsciousness after the rebirth? You've been polluted by Armstrong's doctrine while much of it is good.

You have many questions and much error. Read, read, read at TPOT, Paul Bardi.

Paul Bardi

Post by Paul Bardi »

Regarding the words spoken, "let the dead bury the dead" It is my understanding that when this man says that he first had to go and bury his father, Christ tells him to let the "dead" (those unaware of spiritual matters) bury their dead

The above words in no way cause me doubt that the dead are dead and upon death their thoughts perish and the spirit ( life ) that God gave them return back to Him until the resurrection.

How can we disregard the following scripture and doubt that when one dies that they are asleep just by the one verse telling us to let the dead bury the dead. The explanation you gave is unrelated to the words that when we die we return to the dust

For the living know that they will die;
But the dead know nothing,
And they have no more reward,
For the memory of them is forgotten - Eccl.9:5

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first 1Thess.4:16

It even tells us the time this will happen and not before

then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord - verse 17

I have prayed about this matter a lot, deeply, sincerely and sometimes in tears. Up to now no body has given me a credible alternative to what the scripture clearly teaches and I do wonder why people even try. There has never been one explanation of the above scriptures to tell me that when we die we are not 'dead' utterly and our consciousness with it.

Do I choose to believe scripture or man?

Love and respect

Paul

Alan Agnew

Post by Alan Agnew »

Paul, one of my favorite resources when I found this site was the diabolical doctrines page. Try reading it. http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehood ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Soul Sleep paper from there is relevant for your questions. http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehood ... -sleep.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, using the site’s search-bar can help. Search for a topic, like Soul Sleep, or a verse, like 1 John 2:3 or whatever. It is likely that the verse you are wondering about has been addressed.

Let us know if this helps.

PS: Was Pharaoh unconscious after physically dying, yet he could see?

“These shall Pharaoh see, and shall be comforted over all his multitude; even Pharaoh and all his army, slain by the sword, says the Lord GOD” (Ezekiel 32:31 JPS).

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”