Some thoughts

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Jenni

Some thoughts

Post by Jenni »

Hi there,

I'm Jenni & 18 years old --- reading this site has been very freeing indeed. I came to the conclusion that I know nothing, I am blind and foolish, with a lot of useless and imagined head knowledge.
I've been devouring these posts for the last few days and I saw the "Eternal Torment" and was very skeptical of it, avoiding it lest I be deceived or something. Well I did read it and though I still have some doubts due to what I have understood, believed all my life and especially heard, it's a great burden lifted from my shoulders. Even if there was an eternal torment, I do not want to bear that thought again. I can laugh! I can love life! I can thank the Lord! I can serve Him out of sheer thankfulness! I don't have to dread in the streets because the whole world is going to burn in hell! I was also wondering what I'm going to do in the winter since it's not a very good idea to bike to school in a skirt or a dress, lest I'd have to wear pants with a guilty conscience. That I've had all the time; I don't evangelise enough (the whole armour of God), give to the poor enough... I've thought, what's the point when I know that I really don't know the One of whom I would preach about? Surely people aren't stupid to not see that it's just a theory without reality? But I'm supposed to do the Lord's work.
I see now that a lot of my motives are not genuine but out of fear. Nevertheless, I do want to obey, I do want to pick up my cross and follow Him, and KNOW the Truth, (yet isn't the heart deceitful above all things?!) but don't know what to do and not to do or where I am with God.

For the last six months as I've been seeking Him and praying I've always been unable to rest because of tormenting thoughts of "enough's" or "what if's". About deception, I've been following a young woman on Instagram that seems so close to the Lord, but this week she was posting about a Heidi Baker conference and I couldn't believe she really said it being of the Holy Spirit. And whenever I see the word "self-worth" or "self-love" I go err. Doesn't sound right. What still perplexes me is that how on earth can there be such a mixture, for even now I definitely wouldn't say that all of those posts are of the devil - I believe the Lord Himself is working in and through her life?!!

But thank you and thank the Lord for leading me here, as I believe He did. Praying that I may have the grace to TRULY walk with Him.

(By the way, we had a school trip through Europe and spent 5 days in Taizé, France. In prayer times I was contending with such an uncomfortable feeling but finally shrug it off. I wondered why I couldn't resist some sins though I prayed all the time. Some time after leaving the place, I became sick. A coincidence?)

Jenni

Re: Some thoughts

Post by Jenni »

Just wanted to add to that.. how can I not be one of those who are ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of truth?

The flesh really is hopeless; although I'm happy that I don't take offense but gladly receive your words, I see myself taking pride in that, applauding myself for recognizing that I'm a hypocrite - but unable to repent of that in heart.
Also praying that the Lord would be gracious to crush the idolatry I can't perceive, and deliver me from my own will and my kingdom when it's against my will - I want to be identified with His death and to lose my life for His sake, yet I'm sure that in truth I don't. Does this make any sense?

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Jenni, the first step of walking with and doing God's will is repentance from sin. The next step is forsaking our lives for His sake by taking up the cross.

Repentance and forsaking go hand in hand but our walk of faith begins with repentance, seeing our inability to please Him, deliberately coming before and getting honest with the Lord, relying on Him to discover and put away our sin and strange gods - of which the number can be endless because essentially we are our own god, living in our lusts (Law-breaking).

Only the cross, our death, will avail. See http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... -avail.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The walk of faith is NOT about doctrine or religious practice of any kind, or even what men call "worshipping" or "faith," or "knowledge," or "fellowship" with other professing believers. The walk of faith is all about believing what God says in whatever way He says it, and obeying Him, which is to "love" Him. We come out of our destructive lifestyles and attitudes and set our course on walking in devotion to Him in this dark world - all by His grace, surely.

Neither is walking with God a matter of Law. No. Yet, when we walk with Him, we will not be Lawless; we'll not be children of iniquity. We will love and honor His Law and His Word; no debate of that at all.

What is the work of God we're "supposed to be doing"?

"Then they said to Him, What shall we do that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe on Him whom He has sent" (John 6:28-29 MKJV).

Matthew 11:28-30 MKJV
(28) Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(29) Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.
(30) For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Hebrews 4:1-11 MKJV
(1) Therefore, a promise being left to enter into His rest, let us fear lest any of you should seem to come short of it.
(2) For also we have had the Gospel preached, as well as them. But the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
(3) For we who have believed do enter into the rest, as He said, "I have sworn in My wrath that they should not enter into My rest;" although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
(4) For He spoke in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested the seventh day from all His works."
(5) And in this place again, "They shall not enter into My rest."
(6) Since then it remains that some must enter into it, and since they to whom it was first preached did not enter in because of unbelief,
(7) He again marks out a certain day, saying in David, "Today," (after so long a time). Even as it is said, "Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts."
(8) For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
(9) So then there remains a rest to the people of God.
(10) For he who has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from His.
(11) Therefore let us labor to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of unbelief.

Faith was what was credited to Abraham for righteousness. So it is with all who believe. Abraham didn't work to find favor with God; he believed and then obeyed. Big difference.

As for your friend and the mixture you see there, God hates mixture. Satan comes as an angel of light, with truth and apparent virtue to confound and seduce even the elect if possible, as the Lord said:

Matthew 24:23-25 MKJV
(23) Then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ! Or, There! Do not believe it.
(24) For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so much so that, if it were possible, they would deceive even the elect.
(25) Behold, I have told you beforehand.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 MKJV
(13) For such ones are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
(14) Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?
(15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

As you believe and obey, you'll learn profitably. All this by God's grace. You needn't fear - the Lord has brought you here and you speak of repentance and the desire to lead a holy life for His glory, which tells us His desire is for your good. He is answering your prayer. Don't be afraid.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Drink in what the Lord provides you here at TPOT; dig into the Scriptures; pray, and believe He's with you; He is; know it.

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him"
(Hebrews 11:6 MKJV).

Heidi Baker? Demonic! This is one wicked woman, Jenni, as displayed in these two links for examples :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DM5FmZxBQI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INl2t27N1o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's the same with all those with her in mind and heart like Bill Johnson and others we have exposed as false teachers.

Stop trusting and analyzing yourself. Put your free-fall trust in the Lord, endure to the end; He'll see you through as He is Faithful and True. It'll cost you your carcass, your carnal life and reason for being, but He will raise your spirit from the dead to the new incorruptible life in Him - well worth the trade, to put it super mildly. Grief and pain, sorrow and suffering, yes, as He promised, but His reward is with those who fear/love Him, denying themselves and taking up the cross for His sake.

Jenni

Post by Jenni »

Hello,

I appreciate your answer, I’ve been thinking about it. I come up with numerous questions everyday but it’s true that I analyze everything, too much perhaps, and trust myself.

As for repentance from sin, I considered I’ve been walking in it, for all of this can’t have been of me - but was it the gift of repentance, I don’t know.
It was about a year ago when there was a void within and I felt it was God tugging me. So I was “casually seeking” I would say until March when I remember that my eyes were opened up/I began to understand spiritual things different than before (also the nature became so lively! Especially the clouds as if I’m looking through 3D-lens) and all my desires turned Godward in a day so to say. I spent very much time alone, took a break of this world, gave up company that was ungodly and have been trying to observe and denounce every evil thought or attitude.

And yes, I’ve read most of the articles I could find - I must admit that I’m a little discouraged about reading the Scriptures without having been baptised in the Spirit - obviously because I don’t want to interpret on my own.

You said “As you believe and obey, you’ll learn profitably.”
I’ll try my best to express myself in English - it’s just that there are many things I can’t seem to merge? Integrate? :D about faith.
I feel like as long as I’m without the Spirit, there’s no going forward, at least not much. What could I do in the flesh? Believing and obeying; I thought I’ve been doing that.. or the works of the law? “Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?”
“Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.”
It’s not by reading or heeding the Bible.. I read “What Is Faith” and will definitely reflect on it but it’s still a somewhat mystery to me.

Without His voice leading me it’s as I’m walking on a street of a hundred doors and contemplating whose conviction it is to enter that one. I guess I need to stop trying to be and just wait on Him, whatever that means. After all, He’s over every door; as I said, this has been very (liberating, not freeing) and now I can actually put my trust in the Lord.

I’m so grateful for the Truth here!! All the pieces fit together.

I think the most extensive error there is in the world is of the essence of salvation; that it’s from eternal torment, or hell, or judgement or fire; everything else but the sin itself.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Jenni!

Excuse me for the time taken to respond; I can only say the Lord is in charge and His timing is always perfect.

I must admit that I’m a little discouraged about reading the Scriptures without having been baptised in the Spirit - obviously because I don’t want to interpret on my own.

I feel like as long as I’m without the Spirit, there’s no going forward, at least not much.

I have no doubt the Spirit of God is with you or you wouldn’t be seeing, hearing, and thinking the things you are; you wouldn’t be concerned about the things above and you wouldn’t be here expressing yourself and asking questions in the manner you are. It’s that simple.

The apostles walked with the Lord for over 3 years without having received the Spirit. Would you say their walk was vain? Were they not learning as needed? Their time to receive the Spirit came as appointed from above. While they waited, the Spirit was with them:

“... the Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He dwells with you and shall be in you.” (John 14:17 MKJV)

So it is with all those who come after the Lord. We need patience and faith.

Before them, John the Immerser was the powerful voice introducing the Messiah to Israel and ultimately to the world. God was with him even though he had never been born again:

“Truly I say to you, Among those who have been born of women there has not risen a greater one than John the Baptist. But the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than he” (Matthew 11:11 MKJV).

You say, “I read ‘What Is Faith’ and will definitely reflect on it but it’s still a somewhat mystery to me.

Then you say, “After all, He’s over every door; as I said, this has been very (liberating, not freeing) and now I can actually put my trust in the Lord.”

Strongly, silently, indiscernibly, faith works, you see?

Jenni, keep in the Scriptures as God grants and on ThePathofTruth.com. The Promise of God is:

”Then faith is of hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:17 MKJV).

Luke 17:5-10 MKJV
(5) And the apostles said to the Lord, Give us more faith.
(6) And the Lord said, If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you might say to this sycamine tree, Be rooted up and be planted in the sea! And it would obey you.
(7) But which of you who has a servant plowing or feeding will say to him immediately after he has come from the field, Come, recline?
(8) Will he not say to him, Prepare something so that I may eat, and gird yourself and serve me until I eat and drink. And afterward you shall eat and drink.
(9) Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not.
(10) So likewise you, when you shall have done all the things commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants, for we have done what we ought to do.

You conclude:

I think the most extensive error there is in the world is of the essence of salvation; that it’s from eternal torment, or hell, or judgement or fire; everything else but the sin itself.

There’s faith working for you. You’re seeing the difference between religion and Reality, falsehood and Truth. The former is one of self-service and preservation. The latter is denying oneself, taking up the cross and following the Lord from Lawbreaking (sin) to fellowship with God (holiness) which can only come by losing the life. Yes, we need deliverance not for, but from, ourselves.

Satan comes with the gospel of salvation of the flesh in this world and a similar one in the next. Jesus Christ comes with the Gospel of another world so different from this one, the Kingdom of God. The message seems the same but it’s like the comparison of clouds and smoke.

The Spirit of Truth will guide and keep you, Jenni; trust Him; He’s Faithful and True, Always.

Do you have a FB page? Like us on FB.

Victor Hafichuk

Jenni

Post by Jenni »

Yes, thank you for your words, Victor.
The Lord has been gracious; may I only continue in His kindness!

Jenni

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”