Do you believe that women will go to hell for wearing pants?

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Latoya

Re: Do you believe that women will go to hell for wearing pants?

Post by Latoya »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Do you believe that women will go to hell for wearing pants?

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Latoya, we needn't get into whether women wearing pants is right or wrong in God's sight. The important considerations are that women dress so as to be easily distinguished from men, lest there be confusion, that they dress discreetly so as to not be a lustful temptation, and that their conduct be acceptable in God's Presence and Judgment. One can only possess a genuine understanding of these principles by a conscience purified by the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ, His Son.

God sends nobody to hell for simple unrighteous acts or lack of external “holiness.” He isn't there standing over you as a vengeful, legalistic God with a club in one hand and a Bible in the other, watching every move you make.

But to know what God IS like, which it's apparent you need to know, you need to know God and understand His will and ways. Here are some writings you might find helpful reading:

The Good News
The Cross - Only the Death Sentence Will Avail
How One Is Saved
Obedience
Repentance

Would you like to know the truth about hell? Read:

The State and Fate of Hell
The Great Promise of the Lake of Fire and the Second Death

And have you red Counterfeit Christianity and Holy Waters?

Victor
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Latoya

Post by Latoya »

I think about the people that I love constantly everyday it. always makes me depressed because they're doing their own thing and not following God. I mean I'm not the "perfect" christian but I am a struggling one who sees the world for the way it is. Why do I feel like it's just me against the world every day? It's so overwhelming and at times I wish I can be strong and not worry and doubt.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Latoya, do acknowledge and answer the questions from Victor's last email to you. That's the place to begin to lift your depression.

Paul and Victor

Latoya

Post by Latoya »

Hi, it's Latoya again. Last summer when I started to give my life to Christ, I was immediately bombarded with these disgusting blasphemous thoughts in my head about God and it scared me to death because I feared that I committed the unpardonable sin and so I was depressed everyday, I would cry myself to sleep at night and the more I tried to control my thoughts, the more they kept on coming and I started to get headaches. It was so bad because I would ask my christian friends if these were my real thoughts but they would tell me that I'm just over thinking and that I'm just stressed. I read online that it happened to other people but they just ignored it so they wouldn't give satan something to laugh about. Today, they're still there but less noticeable but I'm just wondering why this had to happen to me?

Victor Hafichuk

Latoya, have you red the links we sent you to answer your problems and questions?

\/

Latoya

Post by Latoya »

I've been struggling with masterbation ever since i was little and I've tried to stop myself from doing it but I keep doing it and I need help because I'm scared of myself and my eternity. I don't usually repent after because I know that I'm going to do it again. I feel so ashamed and dirty and I hate myself so much that I feel like killing myself it is driving me crazy! Is there any way you can help me?

Victor Hafichuk

Latoya, the answer is not fear of damnation or punishment. The answer isn't in yourself. The answer is in the Lord Jesus Christ. HE is your answer.

Seek Him out with all your heart. Turn away from anything that might tempt or stimulate you to masturbate, be it anything suggestive on the net, TV, getting too familiar with someone...certain foods can stimulate sexual drive. You need to take measures that are practical, honest and constructive, as we're suggesting.

Furthermore, how can you expect God to hear or answer you when we have given you instructions and you haven't answered our questions? We are in His stead, giving you His answers. If you can't cooperate with us, you aren't cooperating with God; you're in unbelief. Nobody receives anything from God when not believing:

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6 MKJV)

James 1:5-7 MKJV
(5) But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and with no reproach, and it shall be given to him.
(6) But let him ask in faith, doubting nothing. For he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed.
(7) For do not let that man think that he shall receive anything from the Lord;

Read the past correspondence we've had and answer our questions.

Victor

Latoya

Post by Latoya »

I apologize for bothering you with my problems. I just started to pay more attention to God and so I am trying to get right with God. I've even had to go from one church to another and I'm only 17 but I see the world for what it is and it makes me depressed especially since I always feel alone while everyone that I know and love are thinking about themselves. I just want to say that your website really helped me a lot and I totally don't disagree with your teachings. I don't know what would have happened to me if I didn't read your articles because I'm very naive and blind. Again, I apologize and hope you'll be able to reach a lot young people with your teachings.

Victor Hafichuk

Latoya, keep looking to the Lord Jesus Christ, to Whom you're altogether indebted. Know the Truth, Whom He is and you'll be made free. Let nothing else take precedence.

Victor

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”