Thank you for teaching from a heart led by God and not from a pious carnal mind

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Andy

Thank you for teaching from a heart led by God and not from a pious carnal mind

Post by Andy »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hi . Thank you for teaching from a heart led by God and not from a pious carnal mind. I am not surprised that many people respond to your site negatively, to me it just confirms your telling the truth. I have felt alone in my journey and frustrated with the teachings of so called Christians. The doctrine of eternal torment has always tripped me up. The path that I have been on in this life has been joyful yet sad, enlightened and again dark, sweet along with bitter, finding and losing and finding again. I hear the Lords voice and His Wisdom in what is found in your writings. I don't articulate very well and my grammar stinks but I hope I have conveyed my appreciation for Gods work through you. Maybe someday we will meet. Of course I know that ultimately we certainly will but I mean before then.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Thank you for teaching from a heart led by God and not from a pious carnal mind

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Andrew,

You've articulated very well, because you've spoken a true message from the heart of what the Lord is doing for you. You've come to His website - all of which He has freely given for the sake of others. We're thankful to hear your appreciation, and are here to do whatever He wills to help you and to be helped by you. We'd like to hear more from you.

By the way, we found your name by googling your address and seeing your post to Joel Osteen (Everybodys Friendly Enemy) on Facebook.

Paul and Victor

Andy

Re: Thank you for teaching from a heart led by God and not from a pious carnal mind

Post by Andy »

Dear Paul and Victor,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am not sure about the Facebook deal you mentioned. I did post your the link to your site there yesterday. I don't follow Joel or any of those ear tickling world loving liars. Been there done that. God has been doing a work on me and has led me out of those places. Jesus is real to me like never before . I used to be ashamed that I was ashamed of the gospel until I heard The Gospel and learned that I was ashamed at carnal minded mans so called gospel.

I will, God willing, stay in contact with you. For I have so many questions and feel very isolated. However I am not surprised because God has had lots of matters to purge from me. For now I would like to hear from you about the three days and three nights our Lord was in the grave. Nominal Christian teaching is of no value and confusing.

I want to tell you an interesting thing that has and is happening which confirms to me that God has led me to your site. I don't have time to write "my story" or more accurately Gods" Truth Revealing" in my life but I will relate this for now. I have asked several "believers " to read from your site, especially the eternal torment hell ones, they don't much care for me now. Someday I will share my testimony but for now I will go.

Andy

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Andy,

We look forward to hearing your story when you're able to relate it. The Lord is doing things in your life, no doubt, and has brought you here to receive the food and fellowship we all need.

Regarding your question about the Lord's three days and nights in the grave, we have a good writing on hand by a false teacher, Herbert Armstrong. In this matter, Herbert rightly and ably declares the truth. So instead of reinventing the wheel, we're providing you with his explanation (attached).

This is also a good occasion to warn you against cynicism or a wrong attitude towards those who are in error or presumption about their standing with God. While they are your enemies in the Gospel, they are, along with everything else in this world and the next, part of God's doing and plan to manifest and glorify Himself through His creation. They are part of the “all things” Paul wrote about, working together for good (Romans 8:28).

False ones can and do teach us things, both in truth and error. We even benefit from those in all evil.

“The righteous wisely considers the house of the wicked; but God overthrows the wicked for their wickedness” (Proverbs 21:12 MKJV).

“The wicked is delivered up for the just: and the unjust for the righteous” (Proverbs 21:18 DRB).

Isn't it remarkable how many professing to love God and be saved cannot bear the thought that He would never assign anyone to eternal torment? If we, being evil wouldn't do that to any of our children, how much less would God do it?

Are you aware, Andy, that Jesus Christ is totally victorious and the prince of this world totally defeated? Jesus Christ paid for us all and He will get what He paid for; we can be absolutely sure of that if we are sure of Him.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments about the attached article.

Paul and Victor

Andy

Post by Andy »

Paul and Victor,

Thank you for the link in regards to my question. The article cleared up my confusion. Also thank you for the chastisement in respect to my potential to be cynical. I am at times frustrated by the application of Gods Word in vain teachings offered by carnal minded religious folks. However as you reminded me in Gods sovereign plan the "all things" serve His purpose in the bringing all of creation into an eternal relationship though our Lord Jesus Christ. I was for the longest time a person who "followed " Jesus in intellect only. It is not a surprising thing that our adversary, our flesh and the world love to keep Jesus in our heads and out of our hearts.

As for your question in asking me if I am aware that Jesus Christ is totally victorious and that the prince of this world is totally defeated , I will answer that as follows. Firstly yes. Yet I cannot define, in honesty ,exactly when He revealed this to me. I know a peace that I never knew before. I know a "settling" of matters I never knew before. Beyond that I can only say that I know that His plan cannot be thwarted by me , not by you, not by any "wrong" teachings, not by any created thing , be it good or evil. He is over all He is in all and in complete control now, in the past and all of eternity. I can not add or take away one single thing in all of this. Our Lord and God Jesus Christ has it now and forever.

I will keep in touch with you and have much to share.

Your Brother in Christ
Andy

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”