More on House Pets

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Dan Long

Re: More on House Pets

Post by Dan Long »

Dan,
No, I have never been to Denmark and have no intentions. Why would I care about Denmark in any grand scheme of things? My rescue ministry involves extraction from southern EU states.

Dan
Pastor Dan Long
Love beyond reason -------אוהב מעבר לכל היגיון------bringing the remnant home-

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Hello Victor,
The message was edited, given that I didn't use your names in the original post yet they show up in the truncated post. the truncating was probably a result of editing unwanted truth, and whether you are playing some invisible moderator blame shame game now I don't know.
Pastor Dan Long

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Victor Hafichuk wrote:Hi, Ronnie!

How was Long's message truncated? How did that happen? He thinks he knows.
The message was approved exactly like it came in - with no editing as Dan accuses us of. And we've never had a case where someone's message was truncated by the system. I suspect Dan hit "Submit" without realizing he was missing some text.
dan-long-post.png

Steve Beiler

Post by Steve Beiler »

Hi Dan,

I am just a babe in Christ, yet it is so evident to me how deceived you are, you totally expose yourself again and again, disrespectful and mocking, you say you want nothing to do with modern christianity , but where are you different than others who call themselves christians, sure you have said true things, but I haven't heard The Truth spoken on any of your posts, you are doing exactly what you are accusing Victor of doing, (judging others falsely) Victor has substance , he has The Truth because The Truth is in him, did you even take time to read anything here ,(with a humble spirit) you totally get the wrong idea about the house pets article, I am an unlearned man , 8 grade education but the message to me is very clear. I've searched most of my life for Truth and was deceived by many different people till The Lord brought me here, much as I hated it at first I knew deep in my soul that here IS The Truth if I can accept it and only by His Grace am I able to. Praise The Lord!

As others here have told you, The Lord brought you here for a reason , so for your sake take heed and take to heart the opportunity The Lord is presenting to you if you repent!

You say , get away from them while you can, but I ask, why would I want to get away from someone who Truly Loves and cares about my whole being, body,soul and spirit, speaking The Word Of The Lord like I've never heard before. Teaching,rebuking, correcting, admonishing in Love, as much as it hurts at times, I know its for my good and for The Glory Of God if I do. And only by His Grace am I able to.

Sincerely,
Stephen Beiler

Dan Lysthauge

Post by Dan Lysthauge »

Dan Long,

I thought you might be Dan Long from North Carolina, my mistake.

Dan
Dan Lysthauge

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Ronnie Tanner wrote:
Victor Hafichuk wrote:Hi, Ronnie!

How was Long's message truncated? How did that happen? He thinks he knows.
The message was approved exactly like it came in - with no editing as Dan accuses us of. And we've never had a case where someone's message was truncated by the system. I suspect Dan hit "Submit" without realizing he was missing some text.
dan-long-post.png

The post was submitted wholly, as shown in the post preview, with no edits before hitting the submit button. I spent 20 years in IT helping set up BBS and later forums, before farming. The ball is back in your court ronnie
Pastor Dan Long

Oneil Richards

Post by Oneil Richards »

Hi Steve, Dan is unable to see or hear anything that is being said here,  and that is because the deaf doesn't hear. And the blind don't see.

1He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Rev:22:11

Dan Long is long dead and will remain so as he exalts himself against the Lord's  servants,  though  he flaunts his rotten bones around as if they don't stink, but again the dead doesn't know anything.

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Steve,
Some simple questions. If you are a babe in Christ with an 8th grade education how are you able to determine I am deceived? How can you determine truth when all you have been exposed to is this? As far as disrespectful and mocking, that is the treatment I have received from your community from my first post. If you would read what I'm responding to you would understand.

Without trying to impugn you I ask, with your 8th grade education, can you even read the Bible. I've been very clear and truthful only to be attacked by your community without substantiation. I've been very clear, and the Bible is very clear about the errors here, in particular from the posters.
Steve Beiler wrote:As others here have told you, The Lord brought you here for a reason , so for your sake take heed and take to heart the opportunity The Lord is presenting to you if you repent!
Repent of what, Steve???? The idolatry here is evident in your capitalized "Truth" and the worship of the words of these two. This has been a common thread of the posters. You showed that clearly in
Steve Beiler wrote: sure you have said true things, but I haven't heard The Truth spoken on any of your posts
To listen to all of your comments, as a community, the message is the same. If you would just listen, you will learn and be like us. Which is the same line of defense that the purveyors of the global warming/climate change myth use.

The only defensible truth I've found here are a goodly number of the false teachers/prophets in the list though it's lacking considerably of the contemporary heretics like Andy Stanley, Bill and Lyn Hybels, Rick Warren, Tony Campolo to name a few.

And Steve, just so that we're clear, I am a follower of the Christ Jesus, not a "christian".....

God bless
Pastor Dan Long

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Amen, Steve.
Beryl.

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Dan,

You write to Steve, the following:

"Steve,
Some simple questions. If you are a babe in Christ with an 8th grade education how are you able to determine I am deceived?"

If you weren't deceived, you'd know that God does the "choosing," Dan. You didn't know this. How about Balaam and his donkey? God chooses whomever and whatever and wherever He chooses.

Beryl.

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Wow, just wow!
Oneil Richards wrote:Hi Steve, Dan is unable to see or hear anything that is being said here, and that is because the deaf doesn't hear. And the blind don't see.

1He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. Rev:22:11

Dan Long is long dead and will remain so as he exalts himself against the Lord's servants, though he flaunts his rotten bones around as if they don't stink, but again the dead doesn't know anything.
You couldn't have stated your case against yourself more clearly. As Steve so aptly stated "you have said true things, but I haven't heard The Truth spoken on any of your posts". So somehow what's true doesn't align with "The Truth" and the dogma, "The Truth" takes precedence for you all, just like catholics.....like mindless beasts, ready for the slaughter......
Pastor Dan Long

Steve Beiler

Post by Steve Beiler »

Hi Dan,

You ask how I am able to determine you are deceived, me being a babe in Christ?
Simple, I can do nothing on my own, Jesus said, without Me, you can do nothing, it's by Him that I can tell, I was once blind like you, thinking I know The Lord and His ways, I was wrong and I repented, by His Grace alone, for it is by Grace that we are saved and not of ourselves so that no man can boast!

You ask how I can determine truth if all I've been exposed to is this, as I stated in the other post, I've been deceived by many people, thinking I know The Truth, I was wrong, The Lord Jesus Himself revealed to me that I was wrong, as Jesus said to the Pharisees ,

KJV. John 9-39 And Jesus said, for judgement I am come into this world,that they which see not might see;and that they which see might be made blind.
40. And some of the Pharisees which were with Him heard these words, and said unto Him,are we blind also?

41. Jesus said unto them. If ye were blind, ye should have no sin; but now ye say, we see;therefore your sin remaineth.

That is exactly where I was , until The Lord humbled me and gave me the gift of repentance, realizing I'm blind, asked of Him and He opened my eyes, now I see, yet not I , only in Him.

Stephen

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Hi Dan,

No problem. When I was a child I thought we were the only Longs in the world, then when I could read and looked in the Chicago phone book I found out we might as well have been named Smith for all that originality ;-)
Pastor Dan Long

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

The clean thing you speak of is idolatry, straining at gnats while missing the important things.
And what are the important things, Dan? I've yet to see some substance from you in this Forum. Lots of accusing, lots of railing, lots of indignation, but I haven't seen you provide Scriptural evidence of where people are in the wrong, or specific facts of how the House Pets article is incorrect. Moreover, I don't see any godly reasoning or behavior in your writings.
 Now, in statistics, Student's T test only requires a sampling of 10 so statistically you are all off base, just recycling information of human fear, not Christ likeness.
What's our fear? We are not afraid of pets. In fact, if you read the House Pets article more closely, you'll find it is not even pets that need to be rid of, it is certain behaviors regarding house pets that need to be done away with. Harvest Haven has pets, they just don't come inside to my knowledge, and they serve purposes (mousing, herding, etc.).

In the Lord's Kingdom, there is a proper purpose and order to everything, and that is what the purpose of the paper and site is, to restore His Kingdom on earth where man has created chaos and disorder.

Not afraid, but if there is fear, such as with Alan's trepidation regarding cohabiting with his parents who are living in sin exemplified by their actions, then it is a fear of the Lord and a desire to be in harmony with Him under His laws--a good thing according to the Scriptures.
The so called statistic that Martin threw out about some cat parasite affecting 80% of the people in the UK tells me one thing for certainty, you people have a problem on your island and not just a physical problem. 

This has been addressed, but neither Martin, Victor, or Michael as you pointed out above reside in the UK. Martin was simply drawing from a statistic, while you were drawing an unfounded conclusion.
A note to Alan Agnew, if you are in Christ, and that's a big if, why are you worried about satisfying the law???????

Like me, you have freedom in Christ.
Why aren't YOU worried about satisfying the Law? The Lord said that the Law would not be done away with. Yes, we have grace, but that does not permit lawlessness which is sin:

1 John 3:4-6
(4)  Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness.
(5)  And you know that He was revealed that He might take away our sins, and in Him is no sin.
(6)  Everyone who abides in Him does not sin. Everyone who sins has not seen Him nor known Him.

Ergo, it follows, that those who don't follow the Law by His grace, don't abide in Him, or are in need of correction by Him.

Based off of your stance, it would appear you are saying that we are to do away with the Law, because His grace covers it all. What then do you make of Paul's words to the Romans?

Do we then make the Law void through faith? Let it not be! But we establish the Law.
(Romans 3:31)

Alan, like many of us here, are concerned with the Law, not because we have salvation by it, but it is a sign that salvation has come to us if we follow the Law. One can only follow the Law by the Lord's grace, so if we are following the Law, then we know His grace is over us.

You say elsewhere that you are reading the articles here at The Path of Truth. Here's another one for you, would be happy to hear your baseless critiques and how you think it's just vain babblings of cult leaders...

Law and Grace
Iniquity

You presume you have freedom in Christ, like Alan. It seems to me you presume that everyone has freedom in Christ, they just need to do something like "accept Him" or reach out and take what's already there. That's not how the Lord works at all.

Besides freedom in Him, means we are no longer slaves to sin/lawlessness, and instead receive our bondage chains to the cross, following the Law, and obeying Him in all things, of the Old Testament, the New, and the extra-Biblical personal commands He has for each of us in our lives.

Alan said:
Such laws help people, even if they don't know how it helps like we may see here in this topic. Thus, I find good reason to honor the Law.
Amen, Alan! The Lord didn't establish the Law for no reason. It is a reflection of His Nature, and when we obey them, it is the fruit that His Nature resides with/in us.
To answer your question, yes, many many false teachings. Go back to the Nicaean conference and the schyzm (I may be wrong on the timing) Mary the perpetual virgin, Mary the queen of heaven, archangels as saints, and that's one religion. Bring on replacement theology (which was responsible for fueling the holocaust), predestination, not eating meat, the circumcision crowd, fast forward to now, red letter theology, seeker sensitive, female bishops, homosexuals, transexuals and even fake hermaphrodites (ooops can't mention that, the boys here declared Glynda as false), mega churches becoming "less resistable" (according to Andy Stanley) and you have modern "christianity" (of which I refuse to be a part of). The list is much, much longer but I grow weary even thinking about it.
If you read the website, you would know that most of the things you say The Path of Truth agrees with regarding false teachings. So what's your complaint here? Are we not in agreement on most things? Did Christ not say those who are with us are for us? Of course, you are against us, which puts you in the most precarious position of being not only against those who agree with you on doctrine, but against the Lord Jesus Christ and those He lives in.

We don't have "modern Christianity" as if there were a distinction to be made between the followers of Christ 5000 years ago (yes there were followers of Christ before He came) and today.

one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(Ephesians 4:5)

I pointed out in Romans 11:28 ESVUK that Jews are called the enemy of God,
Romans 11:25-28
(25)  For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, lest you should be wise within yourselves; that blindness in part has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the nations has comes in.
(26)  And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, "There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
(27)  For this is My covenant with them, when I have taken away their sins."
(28)  Indeed as regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes. But as regards the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Not quite sure what your point in sharing this was, but the Jews aren't the enemy of the Lord. They were His chosen people to act as high priests and sacrifice His Son so the entire world could be reconciled to Him in due time.

The enemies of God are those who are in unbelief. There were both Jews and Gentiles who believed and didn't believe. True Jews are those who are spiritually Jews, and thus believe Jesus Christ is the Lord, Savior, Messiah. The Jews of the flesh in Paul's day were enemies of the gospel, but the Lord was in control of all that, and in due time, they shall be reconciled to Him, as every single human being will be.
If you are a babe in Christ with an 8th grade education how are you able to determine I am deceived? How can you determine truth when all you have been exposed to is this?
Matthew 11:25-26
(25)  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes.
(26)  Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
(26)  For you see your calling, brothers, that not many wise men according to the flesh are called, not many mighty, not many noble.
(27)  But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
(28)  and God has chosen the base things of the world, and things which are despised, and things which are not, in order to bring to nothing things that are;
(29)  so that no flesh should glory in His presence.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5
(1)  And I, brothers, when I came to you, did not come with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring to you the testimony of God.
(2)  For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
(3)  And I was with you in weakness and in fear, and in much trembling.
(4)  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
(5)  so that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

You complain, Dan, that people are mocking you here. What you have said to both Alan and Steve is nothing less than mocking and scoffing in your pride.

You say in your spirit, even though you try to cover it with false humility, "Pssh, how can someone so young and new in Christ possibly have something to say that I don't already know. They're idiots, and I am going to save them from the darkness they are in."
To listen to all of your comments, as a community, the message is the same.
Amazing isn't it? People from all over the globe, most of whom have never met one another, coming together as one, and witnessing unto you the darkness and error you are in, in total agreement, and offering instruction as to how you might escape from where you are, which is in slavery to sin.

But I exhort you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you; but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
(1 Corinthians 1:10)

And may the God of patience and consolation grant you to be like minded toward one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one mind and one mouth you may glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 15:5-6)

1 Corinthians 2:13-16
(13)  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
(14)  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(15)  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged by no one.
(16)  For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Steve Beiler

Post by Steve Beiler »

Amen Brandon, well said!

Thank You Lord Jesus!

Braden Preston

Post by Braden Preston »

Hi Dan! You seem to really like flooding my inbox with your garbage, so here goes with my response.

You should review your past posts again. Not mincing words here... you have been an asshole. This conversation has gotten personal with you. You are mad and are determined to win. As others have rightfully pointed out, you hate the Lord, here is why:

"For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18 ESV)
"And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Mark 2:17 ESV)
"For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. (Revelation 3:17 ESV)

You are so full of yourself, appointing yourself as a 'Watchman'. You think that you have everything, when you really have nothing at all. You are your own God, and are determined to have your way, shoving your useless opinions and 'authority', wherever it pleases you. You like to pick fights. When you are shown you are wrong, you ignore what is said, change subjects, internally slap the label of 'righteous persecution' on your self-inflicted wound, turn-tail and run away.

Your worldly credentials and self-appointed titles are pointless before the Lord, they mean nothing. The apostle Paul called his own credentials dung, and he was far more learned in the scriptures than you.

Some other points:

"Sorry, but we're not the UK here"

Try not to jump to conclusions if you can. Nobody here that has posted is from the UK. Not sure how you came to think this.

"Victor and Paul are promoting false teachings that run wholly contrary to the teachings of Paul, the Apostle to the gentiles."

The only defensible truth I've found here are a goodly number of the false teachers/prophets in the list though it's lacking considerably of the contemporary heretics like Andy Stanley, Bill and Lyn Hybels, Rick Warren, Tony Campolo to name a few.

Which is it Dan? Either you declare that everything presented here is false or you declare that truth is present here. You can't have it both ways.

"As far as disrespectful and mocking, that is the treatment I have received from your community from my first post."

You’re playing the victim here trying to absolve yourself. The first response to your post came from Victor, who's response was not harsh at all. You are quite easily offended.

"The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion." (Proverbs 28:1 ESV)

"I understand that you all are hamstrung by your devotion to the Mosaic
law of which you have no part, but what is that to me."

It is everything to you. As Brandon stated elsewhere, those in Christ establish the law. They are an embodiment of it. Abiding by it because it is simply their new nature, because it is Christ's; of Whom the law is an expression of. It isn't done away with. To do away with the law would be mean that you are in iniquity (lawlessness).

"For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." (Matthew 5:18 ESV)
"Everyone who sins is breaking God's law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God." (1 John 3:4 NLT)
"And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness (iniquity).’" (Matthew 7:23 ESV)

Here is an excerpt from Law and Grace, which you should read:
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... of-god.htm

Now, what laws would they eventually keep and not keep? Truly, there were some of each. There was no longer need for ceremonial, ritualistic, sacrificial laws. Those “shadows” were fulfilled in Christ and in the chosen in Christ, including circumcision which was a token of the circumcision of the heart where the spiritual seed (the Word of God and the word of the new creature) comes from. But will you tell me that the moral law was then of no effect? In Christ, a man is made free from the law but what law? From the law of SIN AND DEATH (Ro. 8:2), not from the law of God as delivered on tablets to Moses.

"I read the House Pets posting and it's nothing more than an emotionally charged diatribe by two guys that hate pets in the house, nothing more nothing less."

It is much, much more, but you don't understand because you missed the point of the whole article. I would suggest that you read it again more carefully this time. To clarify, it isn't about pet ownership in general. It’s about both the physical and spiritual concerns of indoor pet ownership. Of the physical, some evidence has been provided here regarding the concern of E. Coli and other bacterium. There is much information available to you in other publications online if you care to take the time to look, for your sake. Of spiritual concern is the unhealthy idolatry that typically accompanies indoor pet ownership. Genuine affection of an animal isn't a problem; however, many go too far with it. Placing the pets outside makes it easier to set those spiritual boundaries and goes hand in hand with the physical concerns.

Of myself, I have great affection for my animals, but they really are dirty creatures. This is why I don't want them inside or under my covers. Not to mention they can be a lot of work to clean up after! But I still appreciate the good moments they have brought.

It is a good thing that the article has frustrated you, because it has brought up larger issues that others have addressed. The same has also happened to me with the very same article.

"The idolatry here is evident in your capitalized "Truth" and the worship of the words of these two. This has been a common thread of the posters."

Hypocritically you are angered at us for capitalizing 'Truth', while you insist on capitalizing 'Watchman'? The word 'truth' is capitalized because it is being personified, as it should be when one is referring to the Lord. The scriptures declare:

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" (John 14:6 ESV)
"And you will know the truth [Jesus Christ], and the truth [Jesus Christ] will set you free.” (John 8:32 ESV)

Perhaps outlining the verse like this helps clarify your confusion.

Anger and pride blinds one so that they cannot see. You didn’t come here to 'help' us. Truly, you couldn't care less about what happens to us after having been offended. You are the one in great need of helping. As others have stated, the real reason why you are here is so that you can hear either the truth, learn, obey, and have life, or reject what has been said.

Regarding Stephen, his level of education is irrelevant. I will graduate at the end of this semester with a college degree, is that enough education for you? I tell you it isn't, no level of education would be good enough for you. But of course, no one has the right to tell you that you are wrong...

"How can you determine truth when all you have been exposed to is this? "

You assume that those gathered here, such as Stephen are just gullible, just blindly following. That isn't faith and won't keep one in Christ. It will fail because it is trust in man not in God. You have to have your own oil. The people here aren't stupid like you presume. They are well seasoned. As if it matters, many have had just as much study in the scriptures as you if not more. For myself, of what I know to be true, it is because I have reaped the consequences of believing what is false. A dead end. Experience, hardship, and revelation have brought me to where I am now. By the Grace of God, I am here knowing what I know to be true, because it has been proven to me in my own life. If I wanted to though, I could browse scriptures and they would confirm and be in full agreement with what I have been taught in my life as directed by the Lord.

Get yourself a teachable spirit Dan. You are wrong and need to re-learn a lot of things. But before that can happen, you will have to put away your quick temper and pride, which seems unlikely right now. You are just a tare leading yourself and others off a cliff.

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Braden Preston wrote:You should review your past posts again. Not mincing words here... you have been an asshole. This conversation has gotten personal with you. You are mad and are determined to win. As others have rightfully pointed out, you hate the Lord, here is why:

You already lost your argument here. This would be the first forum I've seen where people professing to be godly are so profane......

I only came here to challenge your leaders to prove Glynda is a witch, as they called her, and saw the foolish discussion on house pets. Then you all have consistently ignored the scriptural proof that the gentile has no place in the law and Paul railing against those trying to turn gentiles to follow the law in Ephesians, Colossians, and Galatians. You ignore what I have to say to the point of
Brandon LaBerteaux wrote: I pointed out in Romans 11:28 ESVUK that Jews are called the enemy of God,

Romans 11:25-28
(25) For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, lest you should be wise within yourselves; that blindness in part has happened to Israel, until the fullness of the nations has comes in.
(26) And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, "There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
(27) For this is My covenant with them, when I have taken away their sins."
(28) Indeed as regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes. But as regards the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Not quite sure what your point in sharing this was, but the Jews aren't the enemy of the Lord. They were His chosen people to act as high priests and sacrifice His Son so the entire world could be reconciled to Him in due time.
If you weren't so busy making snippets you'd know the context was that John Piper searched far and wide for a text that would say what he wanted to prove replacement theology and he found the ONLY place in the ESVUK version. I know they are not enemies of God, in fact my ministry is bringing the remnant home.

Your lengthy diatribe proves nothing, the Mosaic law was given to Israelites to set them apart. To my knowledge you are not an Israelite (despite those that promote the 13th tribe heresy)and for you to practice the law is to leave Christ behind and be subject to the totality of the law. Ephesians 1 and 2 Paul describes the difference between the Jew (predestined, elect, chosen from the beginning) and the Ephesians with the only commonality is grace in Christ. You err greatly.

I understand that your teachers, and their fetish with cleanliness are attracted to the hygiene principals of the law, and feel free, just don't promote it as a Christlike doctrine.
Pastor Dan Long

Brandon LaBerteaux

Braden nailed it on the head, Dan. When you are wrong, you simply avoid the confrontation and change the subject.

I wrote a lengthy response to you, providing quotations, Scripture, and sound reasoning. It was to my folly, sure, but to yours and others' benefit, no doubt, if you would have listened.

All you could come up with is your own opinion of grace over law, which I and others and The Path of Truth articles provided for you explain in great detail and Scriptural evidence how you are wrong.

It’s not the Law we count on, it is the Author, and He didn’t write them in vain. They still apply today, and those who argue otherwise do not have the Author.

You have clearly demonstrated that you do not worship Christ but follow another gospel. Why persist in arguing or reasoning? You say you are right and we are wrong. No one is budging here, so go do your own thing, and we’ll do ours. May the Lord reveal who is true.

Not that it matters, but I am indeed an Israelite, a physical descendant of Abraham. Still, I wouldn’t impress upon the Law on anyone as a means of salvation, but the Lord Jesus Christ, who commands that we obey Him and His Law.

“Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of Him. By this, we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey His Commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments. And His Commandments are not burdensome.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:1-3

“"If you love Me, you will keep My Commandments.

Whoever has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:15, 21‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

This is precisely a parallel discussion along with your methods that I had with the Calvinists. They used the same arguments same, abuse of scripture,extrapolating one text from another to prove that some are predestined for salvation and others for damnation through foreknowledge.They use this text in John 17 to prove that Jesus will never lose anyone:

12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

Though it is very clear that Jesus is praying about the Twelve.

For your part, Jesus didn't teach the law, and His only mention of it is it's fulfillment. He taught a "higher" law, His commandments enumerated in the gospels. Though, how can you trust the gospels since you all have declared Mathew, Mark and Luke corrupted. All of your extrapolated verses can't counter the main commandment in Acts 15

5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”

6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon[a] has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

“‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’
things known from long ago.[c]

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

So, which part don't you get? Or do you deny the original church council as false leaders? You've yet to provide evidence where Paul tells gentiles to follow the Mosaic law. You've given quotes of Jesus, even though Jesus makes a distinction between His commandments and the law of Moses. You all, like the Calvinists with their teachings on eternal security and absence of freewill, use substitution. You even ignore Jesus' disregard when accused of "working" on the Sabbath or eating with unwashed hands.....

Brandon LaBerteaux wrote:All you could come up with is your own opinion of grace over law, which I and others and The Path of Truth articles provided for you explain in great detail and Scriptural evidence how you are wrong.

It’s not the Law we count on, it is the Author, and He didn’t write them in vain. They still apply today, and those who argue otherwise do not have the Author.

You have clearly demonstrated that you do not worship Christ but follow another gospel. Why persist in arguing or reasoning? You say you are right and we are wrong. No one is budging here, so go do your own thing, and we’ll do ours. May the Lord reveal who is true.

My Lord Jesus the Christ and my God, whom I serve at great risk to my life in returning His remnant home, is my hope and my keeper, whose commandments I follow, I enjoy Sabbath rest every day of the week. Following the rule of Law is not an option.
Pastor Dan Long

Brandon LaBerteaux

They used the same arguments same, abuse of scripture,extrapolating one text from another to prove that some are predestined for salvation and others for damnation through foreknowledge.
Another time that you have revealed that you know nothing of what we teach, but instead are revealing your inherent bias and hatred for those who differ from you.

We don't teach predestination for salvation and damnation. We don't teach eternal hell/torment, but rather the Reconciliation of All Things.

How have we abused Scripture? We all see that YOU are the one twisting and interpreting it to your own devices, instead of preaching the Gospel of Truth. I have given you several examples of how Jesus and the apostles have told us to follow the Law, not because it is our salvation, but because we are to obey the Lord.

Ad nauseum you repeat the same tired argument that we are preaching something we aren't. The Law is not salvation yet the Law is not abolished. Get it through your thick head, fool!

Please provide Scriptural proof that the Law is finished, that the Law is done away with. I as well as others have provided many examples backing up what I say regarding the Law. You haven't provided any, only corollary Scripture that doesn't nullify the Law, but rather encourages the Gentiles to live by their conscience and mend their hearts, so that way when the time comes for them to follow the Law, they will have what matters first, The Lord Jesus Christ.
They use this text in John 17 to prove that Jesus will never lose anyone:

12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by[c] that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.
I'm not proving that Jesus will never lose anyone, or making this argument that the Calvinists are making, but I do see how you have erred again because The Lord says that He is indeed referring to others:

John 17:20-21
(20)  And I do not pray for these alone, but for those also who shall believe on Me through their word,
(21)  that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

Jesus didn't teach the law, and His only mention of it is it's fulfillment. He taught a "higher" law, His commandments enumerated in the gospels.
Prove this statement. I don't believe you can. We fulfill the Law, we don't put it away. But so you might know that all those in Christ do teach the Law:

Mark 10:17-21
(17)  And when He had gone out into the way, one came running up and kneeled to Him, and asked Him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
(18)  And Jesus said to him, Why do you call Me good? No one is good except one, God.
(19)  You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not defraud, honor your father and your mother.
(20)  And he answered and said to Him, Teacher, all these I have observed from my youth.
(21)  Then Jesus, beholding him, loved him and said to him, One thing you lack. Go, sell whatever you have and give it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, take up the cross and follow Me.

Christ told the Rich man to follow the Law. The Rich man did. So Christ told him the only thing he lacked was the personal commandment of Christ in his life, to forsake his worldly wealth and exchange it for spiritual wealth, i.e. follow Christ. We need to follow the Law and Christ. Without Christ the Law isn't enough, but we still need to follow the laws the Lord put in place. Note, Jesus wasn't teaching new commandments here, but saying the Law of Moses still applied.

Matthew 22:34-40
(34)  But hearing that He had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees were gathered together.
(35)  Then one of them, a lawyer, asked, tempting Him and saying,
(36)  Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
(37)  Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
(38)  This is the first and great commandment.
(39)  And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
(40)  On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Note here that the 1st commandment of the Law of Moses is what Jesus said is the greatest commandment. He didn't create a new commandment but said that the Law of Moses still applied. He revealed the nature of the 10 commandments in His summation, but He wasn't saying that the Law of Moses didn't apply, or that it was done away with. He was rather reinforcing their importance.

My point here is reinforced by Paul, who is in agreement with Christ:

Romans 13:8-10
(8)  Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law.
(9)  For: "Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not lust;" and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
(10)  Love works no ill to its neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the Law.

Here he is saying the Law is fulfilled, the 10 commandments summed up in Loving One's Neighbor. And it is the Love of God that is the Law. When we live the Law we are walking in His Love. Isn't that what I said in my last post when I quoted Scripture and it said that to love the Lord is to obey His commandments? How is it you aren't understanding this?

This isn't a different Law or a "higher calling." It's actually realizing what the nature of the Law was, fulfilling it in our own lives, and this is something we can only do with Christ and His grace. Grace doesn't nullify the Law, it doesn't put it away, it enlivens it. I'll repeat what I wrote here:

1 John 5:1-3
(1)  Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God. And everyone who loves Him who begets also loves him who has been born of Him.
(2)  By this we know that we love the children of God, whenever we love God and keep His commandments.
(3)  For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome.

John 15:10-12
(10)  If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(11)  I have spoken these things to you so that My joy might remain in you and your joy might be full.
(12)  This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Note how this is exactly what Jesus was telling the rich man and the Pharisees. His Love is giving us the Law, that we may love Him and our neighbors as ourselves. When we walk in His Love, we are fulfilling the Law of Moses. It is all one and the same, no difference, and certainly not doing away with the Law.

You speak of the commandments for the Gentiles as though they differ from this. Keeping oneself from sexual immorality is loving one's neighbor. How many times has immoral sex messed up all parties involved and led to a chain of events that destroys a community? I've seen it in my own life. I wasn't loving my neighbor as myself, nor was I honoring the Lord. I wasn't walking in the Law because I didn't have Christ. Now that I do, I am kept in the Law, and thus able to fulfill the Law more readily with Him. Iniquity by nature is done away and a nature of honoring God's Law takes its place.

James 2:8-12
(8)  If you fulfill the royal Law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well.
(9)  But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin and are convicted by the Law as transgressors.
(10)  For whoever shall keep the whole Law and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
(11)  For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." But if you do not commit adultery, yet if you murder, you have become a transgressor of the Law.
(12)  So speak and do as those who shall be judged by the Law of liberty.

Notice James is saying the same thing as Paul and Jesus here. Same Law, in fact He is even referencing the 10 commandments, and says that if you break one commandment, you are guilty of breaking the whole Law, and thus you shall be judged as a sinner, a transgressor, a lawless one. He's not talking about a different Law from the Law of Moses. He is directly quoting the Law of Moses.

I could go on forever because the Scriptures testify to everything I am saying all throughout them. But you won't listen. You'll cry "false!" "liar!" "Law preacher!" You'll close your ears and decide you know what's best. But know this, you came upon the Lord here at The Path of Truth, and the Lord has found you naked, wanting, and a complete phony.
Though, how can you trust the gospels since you all have declared Mathew, Mark and Luke corrupted.
Because we have the Lord, we are able to discern the true from the false, the holy from the corrupt. This is why those who are the Lord's do not place their faith in the Bible, but in the Lord. The Bible is His Book, no doubt, but men will corrupt everything in this world they put their hands on. We have the Incorruptible One, the Lord Jesus Christ.
So, which part don't you get? Or do you deny the original church council as false leaders? You've yet to provide evidence where Paul tells gentiles to follow the Mosaic law. You've given quotes of Jesus, even though Jesus makes a distinction between His commandments and the law of Moses.
Again, prove where Jesus made the distinction. I have given you ample proof from multiple brothers in the Lord. The reason you don't hear or see these things is because you aren't His. You will be one day when He decides and not you.
Following the rule of Law is not an option.
You're right, it's not an option. It is the calling of all of those who would follow the Lord, Who is the Law manifest, Who is the Author of the Law.

Let me ask you this: who gave the Law? Was it not Jesus Christ who met with Moses on the mountain to give him the commandments? Or do you not believe that Jesus Christ is the One and Only True God?

And do you now acknowledge anything I've said to you? Nothing? Have I not rightly answered anything you've asked? You've accused us of deception, of twisting the Scriptures, of great error, and hypocrisy. You have maligned us and several times accused us of preaching doctrine we DO NOT preach. Yet, when we point these things out to you, you brush them aside, answering nothing; you acknowledge no error or false accusation of any kind. How so?

Answer! Try to make a decent effort at justice, humility, and honesty. After all, aren't you the one who deems himself to be the Lord's anointed and superior to us, condemning us as you do? Is this how the Lord Jesus Christ would have you conduct yourself? Really?

Victor Hafichuk

Re: "Pastor" Dan Long

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Everyone, are we all done with this fellow “Pastor” Dan Long? I am.

Long first began with criticism of our stance on house pets. His next post was a denunciation of our posting of Glenda Lomax under False Teachers. He ended that post with, “You’ve been warned.” He calls himself a “watchman” appointed by the Lord.

He proceeded with many other posts we approved to let him have his say and so that others might be able to reason with him, thus helping him, while learning something in the process.

Have you all learned anything? Have any of you been adversely affected? Do you have any questions or doubts? Be free to ask and speak. I’d like to get your feedback.

There was no apparent gain for Dan. He staunchly continued to maintain his position in all misunderstanding, stubbornness, ignorance, arrogance, sarcasm, belligerence, and foolish defensiveness (none of those words do I use loosely or in vindictiveness but with thoughtful substance).

Dan surmised evil on our part, outright rejected any good counsel, couldn’t handle awkward or ill-advised retorts or criticisms coming his way, accused us of many things we were not guilty of, but of which he was guilty himself. Full of contradiction, he refused to give an inch on anything. This man is a lover of iniquity. He’s “free of the Law of God,” not because he has been granted grace to obey the Law but because he has trashed the Law of God as no longer valid or of worth.

Romans 1:28-32 KJV
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
(29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
(30) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
(31) Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
(32) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Nor did Dan Long acknowledge any reasonable answers from some at ThePathofTruth who responded with respect, kindness, understanding, and much Scripture to substantiate their arguments and doctrine. Nothing availed.

To this man, Dan Long, the Lord now says:

Matthew 7:18-23 MKJV
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
(20) Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
(21) Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
(22) Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your Name, and through Your Name throw out demons, and through Your Name do many wonderful works?
(23) And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

Whom have we dealt with? Of whom do we speak?

2 Timothy 3:1-5 MKJV
(1) Know this also, that in the last days grievous times will be at hand.
(2) For men will be self-lovers, money-lovers, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
(3) without natural affection, unyielding, false accusers, without self-control, savage, despisers of good,
(4) traitors, reckless, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
(5) having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it; even turn away from these.

Dan has come declaring we’ve been warned. We will take the Way of the Lord as He has ordained and Dan will take the way he has chosen. As has been the case with so many others on record, we will see who is right and who is wrong, who is loved of the Lord and who is not:

Revelation 3:9-11 MKJV
(9) Behold, I give out of those of the synagogue of Satan, those saying themselves to be Jews and are not, but lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.
(10) Because you have kept the Word of My patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation which will come upon all the habitable world, to try those who dwell upon the earth.
(11) Behold, I come quickly. Hold fast to that which you have, so that no one may take your crown.

Father, expose all presumption, all wickedness, for all to see. Do not delay.

Blessed be the Name of the Risen, Almighty Savior of all men, the Lord Jesus Christ, Creator of all. To Him be salvation, power, glory, honor, praise, blessing, thanksgiving, and worship forever more. Amen and Amen!

Sabine

Post by Sabine »

I'm done

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Victor,
Amen!

Beryl

Terri Cabreros

Post by Terri Cabreros »

It was very apparent Dan Long was in strong delusion and there he remains.

I know Victor, that you've seen a lot over the years, but it seems the wolves are coming out more and more.
I thank the Lord for His saints and what He is giving to speak.

Jude 1:14-15 MKJV ~ And Enoch, the seventh from Adam, also prophesied to these, saying, Behold, the Lord came with myriads of His saints, to do judgment against all, and to rebuke all the ungodly of them concerning all their ungodly works which they ungodly did, and concerning all the hard things ungodly sinners spoke against Him.

Michael Demerling

Post by Michael Demerling »

Thank you Victor,

It was tiring to see Dan Long rant and rave using his big ego.

I am glad our Dan [Lysthauge] found Long's web site so we could see how much of a "crank out on a limb" this fellow can be. I saw an interesting post on his web site about a dream he and his wife had that involved their "beloved dog Lakota". You might be amazed how much of an idol their dog has become;

https://godsfingers.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -12042011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dan Long cannot see his own sin or rebellion against God. This seems to propel him to oppose our House Pets teaching, among others.

Perhaps we will see what the Lord has in store for this "out on the limb" false teacher.

Sincerely,
Michael

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”