Christmas 2017 - I don't know what to do.

Correspondence regarding Christmas.
The following papers can be found on our website:
That Devilish Spirit of Christmas
Diabolical Doctrine: Christmas Is a Biblical Christian Celebration
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Christmas 2017 - I don't know what to do.

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Sent: November-23-17 9:48 AM
To: Victor Hafichuk; Ronnie Tanner
Subject: Holidays......

Hi Victor: I want to honor the Lord in everything I do. He's being so good to me/us, and what I've been learning through TPOT has been and continues to be tremendous & life changing.

As the holidays are approaching, I'm committed to not celebrating these pagan events. I have lots to learn, surely. My wife is not intrigued like I am about my spiritual growth, she still does not have desire to read the bible, and doesn't want to hear much of what I talk about. She says she loves Christmas, as she always has, and intends to continue to celebrate it. I don't know what to do about that. I figure I'll let anyone who comes over during the holidays know that I am not celebrating Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or birthdays, or any of the others that don't honor the Lord, but I can't stop them. My wife is putting up holiday decorations around the house, and she may be honoring my desire not to have a christmas tree, but she just left saying she's going gift shopping, even though I expressed disagreement.

I'd like your thoughts on how I deal with the issue of having no one around me that has any thoughts of what might please or displease the Lord -- they all will readily say they believe.

I don't want to condemn myself, or bring further wrath upon myself by allowing the holiday decorations, or xmas lights outside. I can't feasibly move out for a couple months, but I can tell Aimee or others who come over what I'm learning. I hope that's enough?

Thanks,

Mark

To: 'Aimee & Mark '; 'Ronnie Tanner'
Cc: Marilyn Hafichuk 'Martin Vanpopta';
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 8:47 PM
Subject: RE: Holidays......

Mark, in all good conscience before God, what do you believe would be the best thing to do here of several options, as testified of in the Scriptures?

\/

Sent: November-25-17 9:41 AM
To: Victor Hafichuk ; 'Ronnie Tanner'
Cc: Marilyn Hafichuk; Martin Vanpopta;
Subject: Re: Holidays......

Hi Victor: In some of the Forum readings, I've seen what appears to communicate that it's what's in my heart, that will please the Lord, not the surrounding decorations. I do see the get togethers of people during this time as just opportunities to get together, rather than actually any primary goal of honoring the holiday itself. So I recognize that any get togethers during the holidays are just gatherings with non-believers and nominal christians, and I enjoy what I can, but remain watchful for any comments that might dishonor the Lord or goes against Him, and I speak up, to correct, give my thoughts, rather than remain silent, like others do.

I also make comments giving honor or glory to God/Christ when I can. For example, Aimee's mother and boyfriend, and a friend of mine, Erik, came over for Thanksgiving dinner. Because the prime rib meat was not fully re-heated, we microwaved plates and people sat and began eating one by one. I was last to sit, and because no one gave a prayer of thanks to the Lord, I said "I give thanks to the Lord for providing this meal to us." No one said anything, and the meal continued.

During the evening, it didn't come up, but I was quite at the ready to comment that I'm not celebrating the event, but appreciating the people at the event. If there is a get together at christmas time, and if I go, to spend time with the family members, I will be verbally making it known that I am not there to celebrate christmas, and do not celebrate it, but I come to fellowship by God's grace. So in as many circumstances as I can, I am making friendly verbal comments of giving thanks to the Lord, or saying it's the Lords Will, or any other comments that I can to let others know it's all about Him, not me or us.

As I have found to be the case with Aimee's family, anytime I say anything about God or Christ or the Lord, they all are silent until they can continue any other conversation, but Never initiate or explore or continue any conversation I start regarding the Lord. They all say they believe in God, but don't want to talk about Him. I'm left alone, and it no longer bothers me at all; it used to feel upsetting to me, though I didn't express it, but the Lord has grown me and strengthen me, and that's one more thing I'm deeply thankful for.

There are a couple family members, who claim their belief in Christ, who are filled with false love, and forsaking Christ at the drop of a hat, and stand pridefully in false belief and compromised faith, and if they happen to come to town to attend any christmas event, I will not attend. Aimee's mom, Betty, is not so hypocritical, and though professes marginal belief, it's clearly for her social status, but does not try to put on phony airs about belief. Her boyfriend Dan, is Iranian, and he firmly states he's a non believer, and says he had so many disagreements with both the bible and the Quran, that he decided to not believe at all. Betty and Dan are both 87 years old. They are both very active, play bridge nearly every day, unless they're on a cruise or traveling somewhere, have good health, and have lived the ideal wealthy lives. I no longer have any envy; the Lord took that away a couple years ago; the truth set me free.

Anyway, I assume that the Lord knows my heart, knows my heart is for Him, that any holiday get togethers are just that, get togethers, and not events with any purpose of honoring paganism. But I'll stand at the ready to speak out, in love and caring for God, to counter or give my perspective on anything that I recognize at against Him.

I hope I have it right. I am certainly a work in progress.

Great thanks and blessing to you,

Mark

Date: Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 1:32 PM
To: Victor Hafichuk, Ronnie Tanner
Cc: Marilyn, Martin

Mark,

If you don't want Christmas in your house, why don't you make it so? Your email tag line, "Aimee and Mark ", sums up your stance. Aimee is your head and she calls the shots, and it's evident you prefer the status quo over making any certain change. You wouldn't be "hoping it's enough", if you knew that it was. The Lord does know your heart, and He sees perfectly well that it seeks to please your wife and not Him. For you to simply state what the Lord "knows" about your heart when you don't know His, is gross and evil presumption.

Your testimony of others perfectly describes you. Your hypocrisy is stunning!

"There are a couple family members, who claim their belief in Christ, who are filled with false love, and forsaking Christ at the drop of a hat, and stand pridefully in false belief and compromised faith."

You are toxically self-righteous, and you'll perish there unless something drastic changes. You are a work in progress, but you are not His Work in progress, you're Aimee's.

Martin

Date: Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 1:21 PM
To: Aimee & Mark
Cc: Victor Hafichuk , Marilyn Hafichuk, Martin Vanpopta

Mark, consider the following minor tweak to a couple things you said:

"I do see the get togethers of people at [strip clubs] as just opportunities to get together, rather than actually any primary goal of actually honoring [the strippers.] So I recognize that any get togethers at such [strip clubs] are just gatherings with non-believers and nominal christians, and I enjoy what I can, but remain watchful for any comments that might dishonor the Lord or goes against Him, and I speak up, to correct, give my thoughts, rather than remain silent, like others do"

"If there is a get together at [a strip club], and if I go, to spend time with the family members, I will be verbally making it known that I am not there [for the strippers,] and do not celebrate it, but I come to fellowship by God's grace."

And then there is this:

"There are a couple family members, who claim their belief in Christ, who are filled with false love, and forsaking Christ at the drop of a hat, and stand pridefully in false belief and compromised faith, and if they happen to come to town to attend any christmas event, I will not attend."

Your judgment of these two family members perfectly describe your stance and faith to a tee, Mark. So you won't attend if these 'happen to come to town' but you'll attend with all the others who are no different than these you describe? Aren't "nominal Christians" those that have a false belief and compromised faith?

You don't see this because you are such as they are, yet much worse off, because you profess and believe to be better off than they are. Have those you speak of been brought to The Path of Truth and been given the Light you've been given? No, they haven't.

With your eye not single and wholly on the Lord, the light you've been given has become exponentially damning to you.

Matthew 6:22-23 MKJV
(22) The light of the body is the eye. Therefore if your eye is sound, your whole body shall be full of light.
(23) But if your eye is evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Ronnie

Date: Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 3:22 PM
To: Aimee & Mark , Ronnie Tanner
Cc: Marilyn Hafichuk, Martin Vanpopta

Mark,

Ronnie and Martin, with whom I’ve shared your correspondence for counsel, have replied to you and said what needs to be said, their take being right on.

I find this on your FB. Did you have yourself in mind as an audience? The words couldn’t be more appropriate:

“Dear ‘Christian’ (AKA Nominal Christian): I hope you are well. I wanted to send you a quick note of encouragement. I want to encourage you to not just say you believe in God and His Word, and then live how you decide to live, going against His commands, but to actually live according to God's commands, as He says to do, because you say you believe. If you truly do not believe, then please don't say you do or act like you do, because that would be hypocrisy. Thank you for listening. Mark”

What bullshit! You are all about posturing, substitutions, and cheap sacrifice of the lips instead of plain, honest, cross-bearing obedience. You don’t have any love for the Lord, only for yourself. It is self-righteous hypocrisy of the first order, condemning others for the very things you’re guilty of. Talk about a beam in the eye.

So you’re content to display your spirituality before God by whispering sweet nothings at the table at any perceived opportunity while fellowshipping (your word) with devils to appease the Lord for fellowshipping with devils? Wow.

There’s one difference between you and your family. While they aren’t willing to walk or talk the Lord, you’re quite willing to talk in substitution for walking. You are far worse than they are and being such, your ways aren’t only contemptible to Heaven, they are contemptible to your family and the rest of the world, as well. They despise you for your phoniness and not because you have faith or identify with Jesus Christ, I assure you. You can tell them I said so.

Anyway, I assume that the Lord knows my heart, knows my heart is for Him,

He knows your heart and He knows full well it isn’t for Him, by any means. Mark, you deceive yourself. Is it any wonder the wrath on your house?

Victor

Date: Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:58 AM
To: Victor Hafichuk , Ronnie Tanner

Hi Victor, Ronnie, Martin: Thank you for the stern rebuke. I am humbled and dismayed at my distance from the Lord. I so want to be right, and I am trying to be right, but I am far from being right. I clearly have no idea of how to be right, but I won't give up. I'll keep reading and learning at TPOT, which is a blessing as much as I can perceive a blessing.

I do not want to attend an event that dishonors the Lord, and will not, now that I see the "strip club" example. I certainly don't want to let Aimee lead against the Lord, but obviously continue compromise in that area. I don't seem to have any idea of how to have "plain, honest, cross-bearing obedience." I'm clearly no better off in my pursuit of God than those in the family who I don't like.

Guys, I don't know how to do it. Can you advise me how to be right? Direct me to what papers will specifically help me. I am determined to humble myself before the Lord, to do His Will, to please Him. I clearly need more direction.

I sincerely thank you for your input. It was a sharp sword in my stupid, carnal gut. And I want correction and correct spiritual guidance. Any and all help is fully welcome.

Many thanks,

Mark

Date: Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Hi Victor: I read your email, and Ronnie's and Martin's on Monday, and was in grief all week, and had a hard time focusing the first day -- for my dire lacking. I've been in fear, because I know you all speak for the Lord, and I don't want more of His wrath. Then a couple days ago, I saw the video of your declaration of being that prophet, and felt more fear. I stand humbled by the painful rebuke, and am shrinking back from any confidence I may have felt about what I thought I've been learning, and I can only stand naked before Him and hope for mercy and correction.

I'm in a dark place of not knowing why I'm so lacking in understanding, of how I can be so wrong, and so off, when I've been pursuing wanting to know more and more. I suppose I'm still holding on to my self and the World, not even realizing it?

I wanted to let you all know that I am very appreciative of your straight honesty, and no pulling punches, no mixed messages. I am thankful for you all! -- and that I learned from what you replied to me.

I'll keep reading and learning, and praying for doing, thinking, and living right by Him.

Mark

To: 'Aimee & Mark '; 'Ronnie Tanner'
Cc: Marilyn Hafichuk; 'Martin Vanpopta'
Sent: Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:02 AM

Mark, you are so confounded, so wrong! And here’s the problem: You like to talk and to posture, but you adamantly refuse to DO. You stroke and admire the cross as a golden symbol around your neck but you refuse its Reality, preferring artificiality. You’re a liar and hypocrite, exactly the same as the Pharisees of old – show-offs, preachers, sacrificers, sweet talkers, exhibitionists, pretenders, flatterers, liars, a rare few of which are even willing to give their bodies to be burned to display their perceived righteousness.

You perish because you refuse to obey. You’re the man who thinks that because he says he obeys that therefore he obeys. Your empty talk and token offerings of words and testimony are your perceived substance. You are the man who climbs up another way, the one who presumes to enter into the wedding feast without a wedding garment. You are a spineless Pharisee, faithless altogether, a sham, a despicable example to both believer and unbeliever alike. You are contemned by both worlds, Heaven and earth.

I will spell out exactly what you need to do, seeing you beg for an answer and are so dull as to miss the perfectly obvious. You declare “No Christmas, period.” You have nothing whatsoever to do with anti-Christ pagan festivity. You do not preach righteousness and holiness while tolerating unrighteousness and unholiness within your domain. It is contradiction; it is hypocrisy; it is a betrayal of the Lord, a trampling on His blood that bought you and which you presume to claim by lip service. Your testimony to your family is repulsive because it isn’t real, as sincere as you think yourself to be. Only Fruits, only Words in Action, only Exact Application of Your Convictions will please the Lord. Anything else, He despises.

As Martin points out, you are not the head of your house; Aimee is; your preeminence is not as a godly man but as one submitted to a senior partner who doesn’t agree. We could criticize her for that, but it would be wrong to do so; she isn’t the issue; she isn’t professing faith in Christ; you are. Either you get real and get hot, surrendering your life, presenting yourself as a living sacrifice (Romans 12: 1, 2), which is what the Lord commands, or go cold as Aimee is, which the Lord much prefers over your sickening state of lukewarmness.

Your former letter to which Ronnie, Martin, and I responded is sooo sickening, so vile, Mark. I say this not to condemn you but to express how condemned you are. Why do I bother? Why am I wasting my time here? I’m a beggar for punishment, it seems, as dull as you in that I attempt to deal with the apparently intractable, addressing you on fruitless works.

You have no right whatsoever to criticize falsehood and hypocrisy in your wife, family, or anyone else. YOU are the prime offender before God, not them. They are only instruments God is using to expose and address you. And it’s plain to us your heart is not remotely after God. You say He knows your heart and you have judged your own heart, as though you know and understand yourself, you hypocrite, declaring it to be for Him. It is a lie.

Here’s what you do: You literally, actively destroy Christmas and any activity of it in your domain, and if not permitted to exercise headship in your own house, you walk out, never to return; freeze in the cold; perish in ignominy and reproach; die, if you must – that is the cross, but you do not submit to the desires and actions of devilry. They may submit you to psychiatric care; they will hate you with a vengeance; they will condemn you, but if you do these things with conviction and steadfastness, knowing it’s the right thing to do in God’s sight, you’ll have His acceptance, honor, and reward, which is exactly what you pretend to want above all else.

Then, with obedience, you’ll begin to see, hear, and comprehend Who the Lord is and His will. Until then, you’ll remain the damned fool you’ve been all along.

Is this unChristian or unGodly of me? You’ll decide, as will all those who read these words. I highly recommend you post all of this correspondence at the Forum. Are you up to it?

If you agree with me, then you ask YOUR god what you ought to do and trouble us no more. We’re done.

\/

Date: Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Ok, so no thankfulness for what you’re providing in the way of correction, because you’ll just indicate I’m just “sickening”. I’m stunned at how you’ve put me in the same category of those forum writers who are angry and insulting and intensely argumentative. I have been seeking understanding, seeking advice, and trying to learn and grow, and be gracious and appreciative, because that’s how I am. I guess I am “dull”, and I am timid and afraid to make mistakes, and you seem to hate that. Maybe you’ve been self-confident all your life, and have no understanding, insight, or sensitivity to me who has struggled all my life with timidity and social anxiety?

You’ve been telling me that I need to stop trying to understand and stop trying to figure out, how to live right – but I can’t keep learning about God if I just go back to living as a nominal Christian? When I ask what I’m supposed to do about Christmas, because I’m wanting to be right, you tell me I’m a devil! What the Hell! If I am posturing, and I don’t even really know what that means, I can’t see it, so why blast me for what I can’t see?

I am willing to see my wrongs, but though I totally don’t need to be coddled into seeing them, I’m not sure the value of blasting every condemning label in the book, to, I assume, get me to see it? Your descriptions of me don’t seem to be teaching, but just condemning. Though I did see your heart in the last reply, telling me what I need to do...thanks..., but what a terribly painful way to tell me!

I’ve red your responses to several very disturbed and dirty wrong people writing into the forum, and you’ve shown a great deal of teaching and explanations – in fact you seem to have more patience for the worst of the worst, than you do with those who are timid. It makes me wonder if you have a particular anger toward someone who is weak, timid, fearful, but have more respect for those who come across boldly against you and overt. (I’m not against you). Can’t even the bold and overtly angry people be lukewarm! Isn’t lukewarmth a state of mind, rather than an outward behavior?

You’re saying I’m lukewarm because I’m not Doing, but just talking (learning and trying to understand so I know what to do when I DO). The outspoken devils you talk to on the forum, are not Doing the Lords work, they are just outspoken and coming against you, because they want to believe what they want to believe (in many cases) – but they’re still lukewarm! Maybe you personally perceive outward extroversion as hot? I’ve seen a lot of Hot-Heads in my life, who are idiots and disgusting and hate the Lord, but clearly lukewarm inside their hearts, by words they use. Are they Hot, because they’re a Hot-Head? I’m not a Hot-Head, and never have been.

My brother was a Hot-Head, and celebrated in his evil behavior. But you’re saying I’m worse than he is, simply because I want to learn about what God really wants and understand what I really need to do? So, also, you’re communicating that I would be better off going back to lusting, and not caring about reading the Word, but living for myself and any fleshly desires I had, rather than seeking advice from men of God? This is freakish! Beyond my understanding!

Am I hot now, because I'm speaking out, and not being complementary?

Over the last couple years, I’ve come a long way from my prior unbelieving self. I’ve been growing in strength and understanding, but I’m moving slowly (too slowly for your taste, clearly). I am slow because of my timidity and fear of making errors (and I’m sure you couldn’t care less, and maybe have intense anger toward me because of my timidity?) And if God hates timidity, then why did He make me to be timid? Why did He orchestrate the death of my mother, when I was 7 years old, and why did He pinpoint me, to have my mother get melanoma cancer right after my birth, so I’d grow up neglected and watching her slowly decline and die, and then put into an orphanage to feel abandoned?

The neglect and abandonment affected me to be timid and afraid to make mistakes, because no one was there guiding me. So be it. I got through the pain and suicidal ideation, through counseling, but I am still, in many things, timid and afraid, & have been all my life, but God also gave me a fighting spirit, so I tried and tried, and learned to figure things out to survive, and I did, and now I’m condemned for it? What a freak show!

You’ve made it clear that I’m a worthless piece of crap, who everyone hates, and should forsake, and you’re speaking for the Lord? You make the Lord out to be in error, because He has been showing me a great deal of mercy and blessings (since my leukemia diagnosis, and I started to take Him seriously), and if I’m as screwed up as you communicate, then you’re saying He is making errors with me. What a mess that indicates. Why didn’t God take me when I was close to death? Why did he let me see the angels in my hospital room?

Why has He extended my life? Why is He opening doors of opportunity for me with work now? Why? Is God thinking, oops, I guess Mark isn’t worth my time afterall, I guess I didn’t see that? So is God commissioning you to blast me to condemn me and forsake me, because of some error on His part, or is it to continue the pain of forging ahead on my own, because the stupid local churches, everyone I know, and now you and the others, want to forsake me, because I’m timid and afraid, and need a lot of questions answered before I can build the confidence to step out in faith?

I do believe that what I’ve been reading, daily, for many months now, on TPOT, is truth, and I absolutely love it, and can’t get enough. I want to be right, and I will be right I hope eventually, but certainly on my own, because you don’t want me in your community, I assume, because you closed your last reply with “We’re done.” I suppose you mean you don’t want to answer any more questions, don’t want to feel like you’re helping me? I’ve been there before in my rotten life. The world doesn’t like people like me, who are timid and slow to commit, out of fear. The world be damned though, because it doesn’t understand the pain and fear I go through.

I guess you might be saying/thinking, that my timidity and fear of making mistakes, is lukewarmness, or posturing, or the other things you said? And if God speaks through you, then that would mean that God thinks nothing of my anxieties? If that’s the case, then why did He orchestrate for me to become a person who developed social anxiety and fears, evidently due to the troubling beginnings, or maybe had me born that way? Very confusing. But I back away from trying to figure it out anymore, since you said to do so (out of respect to believing you, and believing the Lord is speaking through you). What a tangled web!

Lastly, out of my social anxiety, I’ve never been able to be very social, never had a girlfriend, way too awkward, and ended up a loner, moving about, trolling for any attention I could get, so I didn’t feel so much like dying every day. A friend introduce me to Aimee, and she talked with me at length, and she initiated us getting married, and always took the lead, pretty much in everything, because I had such low self-esteem and was so timid. But I’ve grown a lot because of her extroversion, and she’s benefited from my more stable approach to life. But now I’ve found out, largely from your website papers, that she is not supposed to be the lead, and I must step up, and I’ve been asserting more leadership, which has caused some strife.

So from Martin’s rebuke, it crossed my mind, that his wife and likely your wife are both probably kinder-gentler women, more willing to let the husband lead, so you don’t know the dynamics of my circumstance, and wouldn’t understand the dynamics I deal with (and surely don’t care). Aimee was raised by three abusive older brothers and a type A personality father and mother. She learned to be strong and dominant to survive her family. I have always had to fight against that. So becoming the lead in our relationship is not an overnight thing, but I’m gaining ground. I’m asserting as I learn. But you and Martin act like I should be able to easily dominate, as if I have a passive wife.

You indicate to get my way or just move out and never return. That would go against what I sensed from that Lord a couple/few years ago, from the Lord, to care for her – it’s far from perfect, but she was abused as a child, and she still has anxiety issues from the abuses, and I sense that the Lord wants me to care for her, not walk out because she is pushing her agenda. I am asserting more and more successfully, as I learn what I’m supposed to do.

If I feel the Lord, at any point, tells me to leave and abandon Aimee, then I will, but I don’t sense that yet. Maybe I need to learn more, or get more sure of myself in the Lord? But by your words, I’m a compromising lukewarm un-believer in some other god? I’m trying to do right by the Lord, but you, and if you are speaking from the Lord, then the Lord also, do not care about my learning curve, but wants me to cast my uncertainty to the wind, and pretend I know everything I need to know, and forsake everyone, and march boldly as if I know what He wants, even if I’m wrong. My son was doing that, and being very disrespectful to us, as I previously described, but you said he was not right, at the least because he was not honoring mother and father – so now you want me to do what he did?

Because I know so little about what I should be doing or what that Lord actually wants, I’ll make mistakes too, and then you’ll condemn me for not doing right by the Lord in that situation also. Instead, I’m learning and asking questions, and reading, and discussing with people, gathering my tools and knowledge, getting ready for the battle ahead. But you don’t want me to prepare, you want me to be boldly wrong, so I look Hot. If I forsake everyone thinking I’m right, what does it matter, because you and the Lord are forsaking me. Messy.

I’ll continue to learn, and as I understand things, I’ll take action. I know now that I need to not attend any family event related in any way to Christmas or any other pagan event (boy, it was painful getting that bit of info). If I grasp that I’m not to associate in any way with the family members who I perceive as in unbelief, then I won’t. But I see in the New Testament, that Jesus spent some time with unbelievers, so I’m confused as to when it’s ok and when it’s not ok (But don’t blast me for not knowing this, please). But what does it matter (the thought pops into my head), I’m condemned anyway, and I’m actually the worst one of all, you say. I should just wait and see if they avoid me! Because since I’m the worst one of all, they are condemning themselves by talking to me or spending time with me? Now I’m really confused. And on and on it goes, I guess.

After your blast-cap email reply, I removed all the Christmas decorations (what few I compromised for her to put up), and am waiting for her return, for the ensuing argument.

Mark.

Date: Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 9:57 AM
To: Aimee & Mark
Cc: Victor Hafichuk , Ronnie Tanner, Marilyn Hafichuk

Paraphrase for those who don’t have time to waste:
I’m not as bad as all those other rotten people. I would definitely be better than a tax collector if we still had those.

Don’t tell me I’m worse than the people on the forum or even my own brother. I’ve got to at least be better than them.

I am justified in every way and you don’t understand that. I want to be right and I’m frustrated that you’re getting in the way of that.

You’re a big fat meanie!

Boohoo! I’m taking my ball and going home!

Mark

Martin VanPopta

William Lindsay

Re: Christmas 2017 - I don't know what to do.

Post by William Lindsay »

Seekers, I read the responses to your concerns. They may seem harsh to you. Let us see how the Lord would respond.

Colossians 2:8
“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

Deuteronomy Chapter 12
29 When the LORD thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Jeremiah Chapter 10
1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the people [are] vain: for [one] cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5 They [are] upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also [is it] in them to do good.
Matthew 15:3
“But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?”

Hebrews 10:26
“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,
there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,”

Galatians Chapter 4
8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

2 Timothy Chapter 3
16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

After reading these scriptures you should see Victor's point.

William Daniel

Thierry Bwuzure

Post by Thierry Bwuzure »

Hi Mark,

I have read the correspondance you had with Victor, Martin and Ronnie. Lately, I was quite feeling the same as you feel. But by the circumstances of life given by God, I came to this understanding.

We as a generation (more than others) need to deny ourselves, like it is said in the Bible:

Matthew 16:24
"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

I didn't fully get this (and it still in process) 'till I read this correspondance. We are responsable for what we are today in our personal life. And if we think that we are "right" before The Lord Jesus, it means we are in deep delusion. Our heart and thoughts are from the devil if we don't have the Spirit of the Only True God. HE only can change us. Repentance is to turn to the thoughts of God. If we follow our thoughts and feelings, we are making ourselves as a "god" above the God of gods.

We cannot trust our heart and thoughts 'cause since the fall of Adam the men has trusted himself instead of the Word of God.

The correction or rebuke of Victor, Ronnie and Martin can be hard but it is so because we are still living by ourselves thinking that we are better than others (even worse better than Almighty God). That is the root of sin. And who inspired Eve and Adam to sin (disobey), the devil. So it means that is him inspiring when we are not in the Will of God. We cannot have two fathers.

In Matthew 11:12 it says
"And from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of the heavens is taken by violence and the violent seize it."

If I understand good, the violent is one who face his sinful nature, and doesn't trust his heart and thoughts anymore. If we see our darkness we will stop looking others and be hypocrites. We will first condamn ourselves and ask the Mercy of God because we are incapable of saving ourselves. Only by his Grace we can be changed.

May The Lord correct me if I am wrong by sharing this.

Thierry

Isaiah Dillard

Post by Isaiah Dillard »

I wanted to share a short visual image I had last night that ties in with the correspondence with Mark:

There was a military army, representing the Kingdom of God, and it being a boot camp. I saw Victor, Martin and Ronnie as the generals and them dealing with Mark Pearson, and he was pouting and crying, wanting to leave due to the difficulty.

It shined more light on my understanding on what The Lord is doing here at TPOT, and that this is an army and we are soldiers and it’s not for the weak. Just as you must be all in in the military in this world, how much more in the Kingdom of God. Many get offended (as I have all my life) with the delivery, believing it’s too harsh, but they are doing it as directed by The Lord in His mercy, as our flesh has been so pampered in this generation and it has to be scourged and whipped into shape, being molded into the image of The Lord. The carnal mind will see the conduct as mean, cold-hearted and unloving, but they are demonstrating the love of God to deliver our souls from hell. Don’t listen to the serpent Mark, receive the correction and be humbled so God can give you grace, as He resists the proud and gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).

Proverbs 23:15 MKJV
You shall beat him with the rod, and shall deliver his soul from hell

Hebrews 12:5-6 WEB
My son, don’t take lightly the chastening of The Lord, nor faint when you are reproved by Him; For whom The Lord loves, He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives.

Hebrews 13:17 WEB
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they watch on behalf of your souls, as those who will give account, that they may do this with joy, and not with groaning, for that would be unprofitable for you.

I’m thankful to The Lord for His goodness, mercy and patience.

Isaiah

Tang Williams

Post by Tang Williams »

Dear Mark

I have been with TPOT since May 2016. I have read your correspondence with TPOT. I have been rebuked and corrected by the Lord many times since. We can play the, 'Guys, I don't know how to do it' CARD when the real issue is obedience.

All my life, my mother and then my wife followed by my children ruled over me through emotional manipulation and abuse. In short they were my god(s). Obviously, I did not take my place as the head of the house and spent life appeasing to them. I was a spiritually weak man, full of fear and I did not have the guts to standup to my family. It is not easy living in hell and this is the price for worshipping other gods. This is the price for disobedience.

'And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.' I Samuel 15:22 KJV

My family wants to continue to celebrate 'the Christian' version of Christmas. I personally do not want to participate in this. For the first time, I told my wife that I wanted no part in this and no part in a marriage that is so unevenly yoked. Yes, I do not live with my family. Not easy. There is a lot of pain when the Lord begins to prune you of dead branches!

There is a price for obedience. Again, there is also the greater price of disobedience, which is living in hell.

Return to “Christmas”