I feel so lost. I have always believed I was saved...and yet I feel lost.

How is one saved? You can read the full teaching here.
Deanne

I feel so lost. I have always believed I was saved...and yet I feel lost.

Post by Deanne »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

I feel so lost. I have always believed I was saved...and yet I feel lost. I want my life to belong to Jesus but I suddenly question if I am truly His. Would he cast me aside and say that He never knew me? That scripture makes my heart ache. I have come across your site and I am overwhelmed. I feel very sad but I cannot relate more than the fact the I feel lost and it is agonizing. What is happening?

Deanne

Paul Cohen

Re: I feel so lost. I have always believed I was saved...and yet I feel lost.

Post by Paul Cohen »

“I am the Door. If anyone enters in by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture” (John 10:9 HNV).

Deanne, you aren't being cast aside. You're finding out you've never had what you thought you did. What you've encountered at our website is the Door that leads to being found.

“For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them” (Luke 9:56 KJV).

Paul

More to be said:

Deanne, are you the one at https://deannenelson.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? If so, by reading your article of January 21, 2015 and what you have to say about the story of the woman caught in adultery, we perceive that you have fallen for another Jesus and another gospel. This would explain your trouble and fear about your spiritual status before God. So we address the great need of that woman. If you are not she, disregard what we say here of personal nature, except what is expressed in principle and general truth of the True Gospel and the Lord's revelation of it.

We're living in a day of great deception, indeed. Many have been seduced by a false Christian gospel in one form or another. They have fallen prey to a mushy, “greasy grace” one, a cheap counterfeit at little or no cost, one of true repentance and forsaking self and the world for His sake. It is a gospel that comes by a “sweet, 'wouldn't hurt a fly' Jesus,” one that is easy...at first, but which eventually fails in every day life because it has no true, lasting, transforming power.

The easy gospel is a work of men and not of God. Men have “lowered the bar of qualification for Heaven” that they might receive glory and honor in various forms from others. Yes, true salvation is not by works and it IS free, but it must be real and it does require one taking up the cross:

“Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it, and whoever desires to lose his life for My sake shall find it” (Matthew 16:24-25 MKJV).

What is the problem? Man's gospel of salvation doesn't bring one through the death of the cross of Jesus Christ, which is the ONLY way of salvation. It appears that despite some tough times, yours has been a “salvation” lacking Reality.

Praise the Merciful, though Severe (Romans 11:22) God Who has granted that some come to a realization of their true state before Him.

Return to “How One Is Saved”