How are we going to follow Jesus in order to have salvation without work being necessary?

How is one saved? You can read the full teaching here.
Henry

How are we going to follow Jesus in order to have salvation without work being necessary?

Post by Henry »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

HI MANY ARE SAYING,WORK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SALVATION, AND FOLLOWING JESUS IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION,THE QUESTION IS HOW ARE WE GOING, TO FOLLOW JESUS IN ORDER TO HAVE SALVATION, WITHOUT WORK BEING NECESSARY.? EPHENSIAN 2:10 SAYS WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP ( WORKER) CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS FOR GOOD WORK, IT SEEM BETTER TO SAY WORK IS NECESSARY, FOR SALVATION,JUST DON'T BOAST ABOUT IT, BECAUSE SALVATION IS A GIFT, LIKE THE FOOD WE EAT, IS A GIFT FROM GOD,AND WE WORK FOR IT. MAY GOD HELP US TO TRULY SEEK THE TRUTH IN ALL OF GOD WORD.

SINCERELY HENRY

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

“But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith from my works” (James 2:18 MKJV).

“Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?” (James 2:20 ESV)

Those who have faith will have works, Henry, just like Abraham, the father of the faithful.

James 2:21-24 EMTV
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
(22) Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by means of his works faith was made perfect?
(23) And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called a friend of God.
(24) You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

And you're right - the faith that causes us to do God's works is a gift, so we have nothing to boast of:

“For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9 MKJV).

Are you reading on our site? Keep going! And thank you for writing.

Paul

Return to “How One Is Saved”