Jenning's heart is in the right place, I pray your's is as well.

Here’s the son of a preacher who plays Jesus Christ on stage, while offstage he plays a preacher, though claiming he’s still “a messed up guy” (from his website – ClaytonJennings.com). Don’t let the false humility fool you. The “aw shucks” posturing only covers over the arrogance of the man of sin, who pretends, by his knowledge, to be up to the job of playing God. This is the destroyer come in the flesh, a consummate liar. An actor, indeed!
Hans

Post by Hans »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

The letter you guys posted regarding Clayton Jennings was unfair and ill intended. Clayton has done nothing but preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the love our Lord has commanded us to have for one another as brothers and enemies alike. Your letter was not written in love, and was without mercy, and without long suffering and patience.

As you get to know our Lord, you learn that He had come to share His heart and offer salvation through His love, and you will understand that His love transcended any worldly concern of a person portraying Jesus in a play or other theatrical performance for the purpose of displaying the gospel on stage. Jennings did so with humility, honoring the sanctity and holiness of such a role, which I commend as many take such a role too lightly.

Does a translator of scripture not confront the same dilemma attempting to translate the "Word" as the Lord gave it to us. As the Word, are we not translating Jesus into another language when we do so? You see, Jesus is the Word, made flesh, and when we translate we attempt to understand the context and portray that context into another language. Translators are simply linguistic actors interpreting through text what an actor does on stage. If you read any version you are relying on an "actor" to translate the word, unless you read it from the Aramaic or Greek.

Jesus preached to the Pharisees regarding their hypocrisy and legalistic attitudes towards salvation, do not make the same mistake, for we will not be judged by our works but by our hearts. Though our works will be tested by fire, it is not our works that will give us salvation it's our heart for Jesus and His command to love.

God Bless

Hans

Paul Cohen

Re: Jenning's heart is in the right place, I pray your's is as well.

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Hans,

The Lord came and laid down His life, taking it up again, not for men to imitate Him, but to become one with Him by His Spirit.

“And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may be one, even as We are one, I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me” (John 17:22-23 MKJV).

See Godhood The Destiny of Those Born of God.

The very act of “playing” Jesus is an admission by Clayton that he isn't a brother of the Lord and one with God as Jesus prayed. It is Clayton instead, a man, sitting in the Holy Place. It is the abomination of desolation, the spirit and essence of anti-Christ. Clayton Jennings is a blasphemer, no matter how sincere and humble-appearing to you.

Translating the Bible is an altogether different proposition. To put the Word of God in your own language doesn't presuppose that you're acting the part of Jesus. If you have His Spirit, you can faithfully render His word and message for others who don't speak the original languages. You aren't interjecting yourself between God and His Word and thereby giving a false depiction to people. You are instead a faithful interpreter of the One speaking because you're one with Him and His Spirit.

But that's not what you're talking about. You're talking about the translator who doesn't know the Lord and doesn't have His Spirit, who behaves as the actor portraying Christ by giving his own interpretation of the Lord and creating a distorted image.

If the person portraying the Lord had His Spirit, he wouldn't be acting or interpreting God through a human filter. He wouldn't dare try to depict the Lord because he would know it was for the Lord to depict him, that is, make him in God's image and not the other way around.

This is directly related to the Lord's commandment not to make an image of things in Heaven. All violations of His commandments are sin and bring death.

But you don't understand or see these things, Hans, because you're dead in sin, serving another “Christ” made in the image of corrupt man. Your “Christ” can be and is played by men, whereas Christ of the Bible is Lord and “unplayable.” It is He Who “plays man,” so to speak, by manifesting Himself through those He inhabits. The Head controls the Body and not the other way around. You are of another body, one where every man does that which is right in his own eyes. You serve Satan, who savors the things of men.

Your false “Jesus” reflects the characteristics of the idols of old, Baal and Ashtoreth, the latter being the goddess of love. Read about her love and yours here: False Love - Satans Last Stronghold.

If you won't be instructed then you'll be rebuked, as with Satan when he tried to claim Moses' body.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Return to “Jennings, Clayton - False Teacher”