If Jesus is God, who took care of the universe when He was dead for 3 days?

Who is Jesus Christ? Whom do we preach?
See our complete section here.
Billy

If Jesus is God, who took care of the universe when He was dead for 3 days?

Post by Billy »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

I just ,by searching answers,come across your web site,interesting view on The King James Bible,I am due for a new Bible,mine previous Bible heve much wear and tear,I am cosidering buying a Lexicon Greek Hebrew Enlish Bible recommended by a dear friend from Jay P Green,the name is Jay P Green Lexicon Bible ,pink cover,what would you prefer to be the best Bible to purchase,I do much cross reference reading from the Greek,Hebrew ,English version ,to compare,we need the truth in the times we live,thank you Billy from South Africa,just give me a name and maybe a picture of the Bible,for me to see,what I purchase are correct,please thank you.

I bought a Dake Bible some time ago,+ - five years ago,and recently found out ,with scriptural proof tat the Rapture teaching is a man made deception and therefor I do not use The Dake Annotated Refence Bible,any more.I need the truth please thank you for your teachings on your site,I need much to learn on fvarious topic,but will manage,with God grace and love through Jesus.

Ps. I am single and want go to Israel soon to find Biblical roots truth,still working on a scedule and doing research on who,what where,when ,why.thank you Billy

Paul Cohen

Re: If Jesus is God, who took care of the universe when He was dead for 3 days?

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Billy,

Are you familiar with www.E-Sword.net? It's a free Bible program you can load on your computer, which gives you a large selection of Bibles to use and review. Or you can view many different Bibles on www.Biblegateway.com, allowing you to compare and see which one you'd like to purchase as hard copy.

We use many Bibles, as you can see by reading our site. It's not the Bible, but the Lord Whom we depend on and Who gives us understanding of the Bible. You do need the truth - from Him. He IS the Truth.

“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. And they are the ones witnessing of Me, and you will not come to Me that you might have life” (John 5:39-40 MKJV).

The LITV is a decent Bible, if a bit awkwardly phrased at times because of its literal bent.

As for going to Israel to find “Biblical roots,” you're on the wrong track altogether. Don't you believe what Jesus says in the Bible?

John 4:21-24 MKJV
(21) Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you shall neither worship the Father in this mountain nor yet at Jerusalem.
(22) You worship what you do not know, we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to worship Him.
(24) God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Or what the angels said to the women who came to the Lord's empty tomb?

“Why do you seek the living among the dead?” (Luke 24:5 MKJV)

Billy, you've come to the living here at this site. This is what lies directly before you:

Hebrews 12:22-29 MKJV
(22) But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are written in Heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
(24) and to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
(25) See that you do not refuse Him Who speaks. For if they did not escape, those who refused him that spoke on earth, much more we shall not escape if we turn away from Him Who speaks from Heaven,
(26) whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, "Yet once more I will not only shake the earth, but also the heavens."
(27) And this word, "Yet once more," signifies the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that have been made, so that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
(28) Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear,
(29) for also, "Our God is a Consuming Fire."

Keep reading on our site and believe the Word of God. That's the only “research” that will save you, through faith and obedience. If you believe, we'll be hearing from you.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Billy

Post by Billy »

ECCELENT SITE AND INFO ,THANK YOU,I HAVE ONE QUETION THOUGH,AS YOU STATE,JEUS IS GOD,

WHAT I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND,IF JESUS IS GOD,WHEN JESUS WAS DEAD AND IN THE GRAVE FOR 3 DAYS AND AS YOU SAY,HE ,JESUS IS GOD,WHAT WAS TO TAKE CARE OF THE UNIVERSE WHILE JESUS,AS YOU SAY BEING GOD,WHO AND WHAT TOOK CARE OF THE UNIVERSE IN THAT PERIOD OF HIS DEATH AND ABSENCE CAN YOU GIVE ECPLINATION PLEASE,

I DO NOT MEAN TO BE STUPID OR IGNORANT I JUST NEED ANSWERS AND FOR ME THE BIBLE IS THE MOST LOGIC PLACE TO GET THE TRUTH ,BUT I CAN NOT FIND A ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION I HAVE,CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE THANK YOU BILLY FROM SOUTH AFRICA

GOD BLESS YOUR SERVICES TO FOLKS AS MYSELF THANK YOU HOPE YPU CAN GIVE ME A ANSWER AND NOT AS MANY JUST A REFERENCETO SOME SITE OR SOMETHI9NG IN THAT MATTER ,BUT A ANSWER PLEASE SIR

THANK YOU BILLY

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Billy,

God came in the flesh, a man born of a virgin, and lived as any other person on earth, being subject to the same kind of everyday trials, emotions, temptations and restrictions that human beings experience, yet without sin.

“For we do not have a high priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted just as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15 MKJV).

Philippians 2:6-8 KJV
(6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
(7) But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Because Jesus Christ was God in the flesh, He was able to perfectly submit to the will of God, which is what He enables us to do through His faith and Spirit. Jesus Christ is how God became our Savior:

“And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore Mine Own arm brought salvation unto Me… For He said, Surely they are My people, children that will not lie: so He was their Savior” (Isaiah 63:5-8 KJV).

As long as He was a man in the flesh, Jesus Christ was subject to the Father, leading the way for us to walk in the same faith and submission to God by His Spirit:

Hebrews 2:10-18 MKJV
(10) For it became Him, for Whom are all things and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons into glory, to perfect the Captain of their salvation through sufferings.
(11) For both He Who sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers,
(12) saying, “I will declare Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”
(13) And again, “I will put My trust in Him.” And again, “Behold Me and the children whom God has given Me.”
(14) Since then the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise partook of the same; that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death (that is, the Devil),
(15) and deliver those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
(16) For truly He did not take the nature of angels, but He took hold of the seed of Abraham.
(17) Therefore in all things it behooved him to be made like His brothers, that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of His people.
(18) For in that He Himself has suffered, having been tempted, He is able to rescue those who are being tempted.

When the Lord was killed, He wasn't done away with - He was liberated from His physical body.

“For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, indeed being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit; in which also He went and preached to the spirits in prison” (1 Peter 3:18-19 MKJV).

Acts 2:23-27 EMTV
(23) Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you took, and by lawless hands, nailing Him to a cross, you killed Him;
(24) Whom God raised, thus doing away with the labor pains of death, because it was not possible for Him to be held by it.
(25) For David says concerning Him, "I foresaw the Lord always before Me, because He is at My right hand, that I may not be shaken.
(26) Therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; moreover my flesh also will dwell in hope.
(27) Because You will not abandon my soul in Hades, nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.

If the Lord is always before David, how could He ever be unconscious or incommunicado in death?

“Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?'” (John 11:25-26 ESV)

If those who believe in Jesus never die, how could Life Himself be dead in the way you describe, Billy?

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among nations, believed on in the world, and received up into glory” (1 Timothy 3:16 MKJV).

Did you receive my reply about Bibles this past February (posted below)? We never heard back from you.

Paul

Return to “Jesus Christ is God”