Brother, I'm sorry of your confusion of Andrew Murray

Correspondence regarding various false teachers.
You can visit our false teachers section here.
Bruce

Brother, I'm sorry of your confusion of Andrew Murray

Post by Bruce »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Brother, I'm sorry of your confusion of A. Murray. "Christ in you the hope of glory." It is Christ living IN you that enables you to be LIKE CHRIST. A book from his writings called "Absolute Surrender" is one that I love to read. I could go on and on of how much his writings have blessed me. He speaks about the Bible is like God's breath speaking to us and prayer is us speaking to Him, constantly I find love through his writings.

Paul Cohen

Re: Brother, I'm sorry of your confusion of Andrew Murray

Post by Paul Cohen »

We're not confused, Bruce - you're judging Murray according to the beautiful appearance he makes as a whited sepulcher and are grievously mistaken.

So what if the Pope says, "Jesus Christ is Lord"? Does that make him a follower of Christ? So what if Murray says, "Christ IN you, the hope of glory"? Does that make him a born again son of God? Of course not - words are never the whole story.

Jesus said we would know men by their fruits, and Murray's fruits are the stinky, rotten, self-righteous kind. The love you're feeling isn't the love of God, it's False Love - Satans Last Stronghold. You're following another Jesus, Bruce, very attractive to men and deadly.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I'm sorry that you are so confused brother, Where is your evidence that Murray has rotten fruit?? I would love to read it.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

So you condemned our expository posting of Murray before you red it, Bruce? Or more likely you red at least some of the posting and couldn't see anything, refusing to consider or delve into the matter as laid out there and in the companion writing, The True Marks of a Cult.

Either way, your behavior is in line with what Victor wrote in the paper about his experience of Murray boosters:

"But I noticed that people who praised him never had anything substantial or specific to say about him or his writings, just that he was a wonderful Christian writer with such deep and wonderful things to say and ways to say them."

You've had nothing substantial to say about Murray or our exposure of him. The ball is in your court. Your problem is you're too lazy, unbelieving and stuck in your worship of idols to move a finger.

"How long will you sleep, O sluggard? When will you arise out of your sleep?" (Proverbs 6:9 MKJV)

Paul

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

It seems brother that you are very judgmental without knowing all the facts. Your list of the marks of a cult, Andrew Murray has nothing in these but your own imagination. If you are a true believer of the gospel, and you truly are born again, then I challenge you to read the book "The life of Andrew Murray in South Africa".

You called me lazy which I am truly offended with this statement seeing you know nothing about me.

In my youth from 20 years old I was a drug dealer sold drugs for 10 years. Was into boxing martial arts and have put a couple of guys in the hospital for not paying their bills. Thought about committing suicide often, and buy, I believe God's intervention a neighbor stopped me one day and we talked. He was a Christian and I began going to church. Years latter I've taught Sabbath school, and now by God's grace I speak in almost a dozen churches. And now I'm aware that all my life I've had what people call mental Illness. Not because of drugs but from my child hood. God has blessed me more than I can imagine.

I'm interested in you brother, could you tell me what you are reading for your morning and evening devotions? I'm reading the book "Humility" which is very humbling.
I worry that if you are wrong with your information with Andrew Murray and some people who are young in their faith reads your words and doesn't read Mr. Murray's writings they would not be blessed as they could be... But that's just my opinion.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

So when will you read the two papers and give us specific feedback, Bruce?

Murray, Andrew: Christlike AntiChrist
The True Marks of a Cult

Are you not aware that Andrew Murray was a "reverend" of the Dutch Reformed religion? You may look up their doctrines, if you're willing to be responsible and industrious.

Paul

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Yes I have read your statements, and I'm sorry that you think of Murray as an anti-christ because he's called Reverend. I too believe that no man should be called that but it's only used to call a working man of God in showing him respect. Would you consider Rev. Billy Gram anti-christ too because he is called the same?

And as far as the Dutch reformed Church. Your going out there calling him satanic. Please be aware that for hundreds of years the now protesters where held captive in the Catholic Church, having only one Bible per village if that. So to study the scriptures the way we do today is like night and day.

Is there anywhere in your writing of the Pope, and when the man is crowned Pope with the Tiara, and is called Vicarius Filii Dei? And they call him Holy Father? That is much more satanic that being called Reverend.

Your words and tone of texting reminds me of a friend years ago who said he was atheist. How could anyone believe in a god who says His name is Love, and goes around killing nations.

Your statement as I read tells me you were very uncomfortable reading Murray's writings, I also saw no where that you spoke about your surrendering your life to The Lord Jesus. In Romans I believe it's chapters 3-6 where Paul talks about dying. The old man must die if he was to be born again. This dying is something that is not spoken of in the Christian circle as it should be.

Tell me Paul what do you do in the morning when you wake up? Do you spend time alone with God and invite Him into your life? And when you leave your morning devotion do you not sense His presence with you all the day long? What a joy it is to know that the God of the universe can abide within us through the presence of the Holy Spirit. To have this oneness with God, words are unable to describe. This is what it means to surrender one's life to Jesus Christ.

Have a Blessed Sabbath

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

So what you see as the lesser of two evils isn't evil, Bruce? That's a very lame and wicked argument, because it justifies evil. Do you give a pass to the man who commits adultery with your wife because he isn't a rapist?

Nevertheless, while you try to distinguish Murray and yourself from Catholicism because you see it as more evil than Dutch Reformed, the truth is Dutch Reformed is Catholic in doctrine and spirit, coming from the same corrupt tree and even admitting it with their "Reform" title. Read True Hope for Reform Church Members and All Calvin Doctrine Victims.

So what if you have the Scriptures, when you're still bound by men's Diabolical Doctrines that withhold the Truth and Kingdom of Heaven?

Read also about How the Lord Exposed Billy Graham.

I don't invite God into my life every morning because He is already there. He IS my life, as Paul wrote to the Galatians:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20 KJV).

Isn't it amazing to you that you have all our teachings in front of you, Bruce, and yet haven't a clue what we preach, or more to the point, WHOM we preach? It just goes to prove that you simply don't know the Lord Jesus Christ. Like Andrew Murray, you know another Jesus, one manufactured by man in his own image, which you must refresh every morning forever because it's so fleeting and unstable. We speak the truth when we say that this manmade idol is the abomination of desolation, standing in the holy place.

Paul

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Paul Cohen wrote:the truth is Dutch Reformed is Catholic in doctrine and spirit, coming from the same corrupt tree.
Too many protestant churches sad to say are very closely connected to the Catholics. Eternal hell, Sunday Keeping. And many of the large protestant churches will in 2017 join the Pope and resolve their protest and it seems to become one church, I hope I'm not alive when this happens.

Tell me brother Paul, if one gets married and he moves to California and his wife remains on the east coast, there is no conversation no phone calls is this really a marriage?

Romans 12:2
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. I find it a privilege and honour to renew my live daily with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

So my question to you is, what about Benny Hinn? Is he a follower of Jesus??

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Bruce, read Hinn, Benny: A Deliberate Liar and Scoundrel and The Bottom of the Barrel: A Motley Crew of Demonic Mockers.

As for your marriage question, the issue raised in this correspondence is about nature. So the answer is that if an adulterous couple moves apart and doesn't communicate, they're still adulterous and in sin.

"Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever desires to be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4 MKJV).

Paul

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Well at least we agree on one thing...

Return to “False Teachers”