Have you ever heard of Smith Wigglesworth?

Correspondence regarding various false teachers.
You can visit our false teachers section here.
John

Have you ever heard of Smith Wigglesworth?

Post by John »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hello,

I was a bit alarmed by your lengthy list of False Prophets. So my question to you is have you ever heard of Smith Wigglesworth? If you have, would you mind sharing your thoughts?

Thank you in advance. Happy New Year.

-John

Paul Cohen

Re: Have you ever heard of Smith Wigglesworth?

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi John,

Yes, we have heard of Smith Wigglesworth. Check out our new posting on him and Watchman Nee:

1/5/15: We have two new False Teachers Exposed:

Watchman Nee & Smith Wigglesworth:

Playing God Instead of Trusting Him

Here are two spiritual giants of human willpower, attempting to be Christian by great works and sacrifices that come to naught.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

John

Post by John »

Hello Paul & Victor,

Thank you for getting back to me. I must admit I am a bit disappointed.

Though I believe strongly that what you guys write and endorse on your website is sound doctrine, it seems to lack love. It's understandable and admirable to demonstrate your jealous love for the Lord by helping separate the wheat from the chaff, but maybe consider Galatians 5:15:

But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

Did God give you absolute confirmation that you could openly expose every one of these false teachers (watchtower)? Just because someone sends you a question about a teacher, does that give you authority to openly expose him/her? Like it or not, God ordained their positions. Even David would not kill God's anointed (Saul).

Instead of readily exposing, maybe consider covering these "false prophets' nakedness" with lots of prayer and fasting. When Ham exposed Noah's nakedness, Noah cursed Ham's son, Canaan. So what authority were you given to expose a multitude of nakedness?

Please don't lose sight of the fact that at one time, you were lost, and if it wasn't for your nakedness being covered... where would you be? I know if I wasn't a Christian, and found your site and saw you openly exposing all these "supposed" Christians, it would turn me away from Christianity suffice how awesome your teachings are.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

You've completely missed the boat, John. We aren't biting and devouring the brethren of the Lord or uncovering the nakedness of His saints, like Ham did with Noah. We're shining His light that exposes the pious parading of phonies like Wigglesworth and Nee, who, in their nakedness, present themselves as attired in finery of the King. These men aren't ordained by God and have never known Him.

You're duped because you love lies, not the truth. You too have been walking in your own righteousness.

“But we are all as the unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as a menstruation cloth” (Isaiah 64:6 MKJV).

Was the Lord fasting and praying to cover the nakedness of the Pharisees? Did He instruct His disciples to do so? You're following another Jesus, whose ministers are wolves that devour you.

Instead of being disappointed with our ministry of righteousness because expecting the religious ways and deceptive fruits of darkness, how about YOU doing some serious praying and fasting? How about YOU repenting of your wickedness and opposition to God's work by those He has vested with His authority?

John, why are you blind to these things? How about seriously considering you've never known the righteousness of God by the cross of Christ? Learn and face the truth about yourself.

Paul and Victor

John

Post by John »

Thank you for your response Paul & Victor.

Return to “False Teachers”