New Proverbs

What we have new on ThePathofTruth.com
Sara V Schmidt

New Proverbs

Post by Sara V Schmidt »

2015. Are you seeking strength in the Lord or strength for yourself before the Lord?

2016. Vipers do not come staunchly stomping; they come smoothly slithering.

2017. “You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar,” say the flies. And I say to the flies, “If you have problems with what you call ‘vinegar,’ what will you say when God brings the swatter?”

2018. The issue is never one’s circumstances, but one’s attitude toward them.

2019. We are formed not by the actions of others upon us, but by our reactions to them.

2020. Holy silence with a holy life speaks louder than holy preaching with an unholy life.

2021. How terrible the darkness of those in captivity, and how glorious the brightness of those walking in light.

2022. Better to live in a car under the hand of the Lord than in a palace as a prince of this world.

2023. Blessed are those whom the Lord loves and keeps, but cursed are they whom He casts off.

2024. What color is a chameleon? Is a mother killdeer injured as it hobbles away from its nest of young? Does a great bear flee when circling behind? Do appearances deceive, or are observers deceived in their judgment?

2025. Truth is the goodness and wisdom of God lived and shared for the benefit of others.

2026. It is said, “The devil is in the details.” Better put, “God is in the details; the devil is in their lack.”

2027. Children of faith surrender not only the worst, but also the best.

2028. The sluggard refuses to make decisions and take responsibility.

2029. The Sabbath is the secret of the Lord.

2030. Would you like to offend anyone? Speak the truth. Would you like to preserve relationships? Don’t speak the truth. Are you doing well in society? If so, have you wondered why?

2031. The Sabbath is the work of Heaven.

2032. It is vain for man to measure True Value on his own terms - money, time, energy, territory, family, number of souls, even happiness.

2033. The rich man’s wealth is his poverty and his strength, weakness.

2034. The Sabbath is the harbinger and taste of Heaven.

2035. Truth is truth; those who resist it can only fail, and those who believe it can only prosper.

2036. Man will readily give his life for a lie, but would rather die than believe the truth.

Marina Carnat

Re: New Proverbs

Post by Marina Carnat »

Such wisdom in these proverbs!
Praise the LORD for His provision!

Simon Mwebaze

Re: New Proverbs

Post by Simon Mwebaze »

Yes, Marina. I especially appreciate this one:

2023. Blessed are those whom the Lord loves and keeps, but cursed are they whom He casts off.

Which reminds me of:
Rom 9:14-18
14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means!
15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show My power in you, and that My Name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”
18 So then He has mercy on whomever He wills, and He hardens whomever He wills.
(ESV)

All serving His good purpose!

Return to “New Postings on TPOT.com”