The apostle Paul had an "affliction" and he surely wasn't a false teacher?

All healing, physical, mental, and spiritual, is indeed available from God, in due time, to all those of true faith and obedience to Him.
Kat

The apostle Paul had an "affliction" and he surely wasn't a false teacher?

Post by Kat »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Dear Victor and Paul,

I have a question R/T Ray Prinzing. He's on your list of false teachers. Yes, he did have Parkinson's disease, and I think that's how he passed. The Apostle Paul had an "affliction" and he surely wasn't a false teacher. You mention more about what shows Ray to be false. I really did over the years get a lot of good out of the stuff he sent in mail always no charge!

Only one or 2 times did he show himself in the papers he wrote. It gave me a laugh, because it was over Rock Christian music! Anyways, it was God's word and not him that I soaked up! And it was his name I was looking up when I found your site!

Today there are too many out there, and thanks be to you guys, I'm spotting them; e.g. The Harfouche man and wife team. They are Christian and Christine? At the end of her"prophetic word" she asked for $77 then $ 777 and so on? Very disappointing!

Oh and then there's Katie Souza, she was a criminal who found the Lord in prison and has Expected End Ministries! My buddy and I traveled to Arizona for a woman's conference. She was there, and yes I went up! I so wanted to feel His power when she put her hand on my head, but nothing happened and she noticed and put her hand on me again and again nothing. Other people were on the floor. I went away thinking what's the matter with me???

You guys I have a 24/7 awareness of Him and He is showing me things. I woke up from a sleep one day and heard the audible voice say,"You cannot serve two masters." Oh boy do I know what that means! Stuck is how I feel, and honestly, not giving up the things I need too.

No I have not received the the Holy Spirit as others have, nor do I speak in tongues as others say they do. But will everybody speak in tongues? I don't know. I don't want to be that worldly person. I want to serve Him! My husband calls me "church lady" even though I don't have a church!

I work as a RN for the state. Hope to retire Jan 2,2018. My husband is retired. He believes, but... He's not consumed 24/7 like me. In traffic even if I lose it, I immediately ask for forgiveness.

As a young girl not even 20? I had an in color dream! I perceived the person speaking as Mary. I saw a long table with small brown packages (lots of them) she told me to take these gifts and pass them out, and to start with my sister's kids; but first I had to die and travel to the Far East. That's it. All these years ago; and when I finally did share this with a person of God, I was told it was not a dream from God. The thing about the dream is it was like yesterday and unshakeable.

Prior to that, I was at a camp meeting and after the meet one of the pastors came up to me and said he had a word for me from the Lord. I was scared and told him that I would wait for God to give me the word! Young and scared is what I think I was. So here I am still standing and wanting to be pleasing to the Lord. I don't want to be worldly like Cain with a mark. I don't want Him to tell me he never knew me.

A couple of questions turned into a lot more. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Kat

Paul Cohen

Re: The apostle Paul had an "affliction" and he surely wasn't a false teacher?

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Kat,

It's been a while since we've heard from you. It sounds like you're coming to the end of yourself and what you can do without the Lord. He has brought you here because you need Him.

You write:

I woke up from a sleep one day and heard the audible voice say, 'You cannot serve two masters.' Oh boy do I know what that means! Stuck is how I feel, and honestly, not giving up the things I need too.

Do you know what you specifically need to give up? Have you realized you need the Lord's gift of Repentance, in order to turn from your ways to His, with power to perform His?

One serves the things of this world because she serves herself. The Lord has come to turn you to Himself, His saving power and ways, doing as He spoke of in the ministry given to the apostle Paul:

“In order to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light, and from the authority of Satan to God, so that they may receive remission of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26:18).

Those sanctified in Christ no longer serve themselves, the world, and Satan. They are made free to serve the Lord, and what freedom that is!

If you're spotting the phonies now, it's because the Lord has shown you favor and given you light. No doubt the Harfouches and Katie Souza are false teachers, despite their sincerity and impressive works, if they have any. They're not founded on the Rock, the revelation and faith of Christ. If they were, they wouldn't be producing the evil fruits they do, and teaching self-serving in the Name of the One Who calls us to lay down our lives.

We don't deny that Ray Prinzing said many true things (as with most false teachers, to varying degrees), but you can also see by what we've published that he produced evil fruits, because he was in all evil himself, unrepentant and unregenerate.

As for Paul's affliction, read God Heals Today, His Way, specifically the portion under Paul entitled “His Thorn in the Flesh.”

You say about your husband and yourself:

My husband is retired. He believes, but... He's not consumed 24/7 like me. In traffic even if I lose it, I immediately ask for forgiveness.

This reminds me of Job, whose conscience was tender and diligent in many things before he saw the Lord and repented in dust and ashes.

As for your question, not all who receive the Spirit speak in tongues, as Paul wrote to the Corinthians:

1 Corinthians 12:29-31
(29) Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of power?
(30) Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak languages? Do all interpret?
(31) But zealously strive after the better gifts [ones that edify others]. And yet I show to you a more excellent way.

And certainly what you see in the churches of men is confusion with many speaking at tongues, even at the same time. The Scriptures they profess to uphold demonstrate this is so:

“But in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, in order that I may instruct others, rather than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. Brothers, do not be children in your understanding; rather, in malice be children, but in understanding be men” (1 Corinthians 14:19-20).

Not to mention that most of what is passed off as the gift of tongues in churches isn't of God. You need to be cleansed in the Truth, Kat, your mind renewed in the knowledge of Him in faith and obedience according to His will.

Regarding the dream you had as a young lady, what's happened with your sister and her kids since you had it? And how did you perceive the lady speaking to you in the dream was Mary?

Paul

Kat

Post by Kat »

Repentance is a gift? Yes I do know what I need to give up. Bad habits...
How I thought it was Mary was because of the feminine look and voice that was speaking! My sisters kids grew up. My niece is doing the best. The other 3 have struggles with addictions.

Kat

Post by Kat »

Dear Paul,

It looks like I accidentally sent before I was finished? All thumbs. I'm so grateful for your response. I will finish this, but I am at work and got excited to hear from you and started something I can't finish just yet. Thank you for your patience. Kat

Return to “God Heals Today, His Way”