Can u tell me what the Bible means when it says women must not be in authority over men?

In nominal Christendom, we see women everywhere presuming to be pastors, priests, evangelists, and apostles. Are they of God?
Colleen

Can u tell me what the Bible means when it says women must not be in authority over men?

Post by Colleen »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hi there. Can u tell me what the Bible means when it says women must not be in authority over men? Should women be pastors etc.

Thanks
Colleen

Paul Cohen

Re: Can u tell me what the Bible means when it says women must not be in authority over men?

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Colleen,

This should answer your question: Diabolical Doctrine: Women Are Ministers of God in Spiritual Authority over Men

Let us know how it works out, and for your personal situation, what the teaching means to you.

Paul

Colleen

Re: Can u tell me what the Bible means when it says women must not be in authority over men?

Post by Colleen »

Thanks for this. This is what I have been taught, what I believe. However, I have moved to a small village and here I am being told that I am wrong. I have been given a book by Bilezikian called Beyond Sex Roles and told to read it and get truth. I read the first 30 pages and disagreed with something on every page.

If u want scriptures to say what u want them to u can interpret anything your own way to do that. I am appreciative of your answer that confirms my belief. I think Bilezikian may well be from Kingdom Now theology. Thanks and blessings. I take the Bible literally and so find plenty of objections. Dr Chuck Missler of Koinonia House has been one of my spiritual mentor's for years and I know many will try to deceive us as we get closer to the time of our Lord returning to earth.

God bless Colleen

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Colleen, you understand Chuck Missler is another false teacher, do you?

\/

Colleen

Post by Colleen »

Are u saying he is a false teacher? I don't think so. I think Bilezikian is a false teacher. Clarify please.

Victor Hafichuk

So you don't think Chuck Missler is a false teacher, Colleen? Yet, he teaches MUCH false doctrine. His name is in lights and so is his ministry. Is that what you think the apostles and prophets did? Can you imagine John the Baptist starting an organization called, “John the Baptist Ministries”? “Come and hear the powerfully anointed Voice in the Wilderness! You'll have an unforgettable time? Bring your friends and neighbors! Be baptized in the River Jordan and God will meet you there! Take back a souvenir with you!”

Chuck Missler is a phony, Colleen, just like all the rest of the similar operations in Jesus Christ's Name, and you are deceived by them. Why? Why are you in the dark about him? That's the question!

For example, Missler teaches the false doctrine you inquired about - that of the nature of women's participation in the congregation of God. Do women teach men or not? Do they hold positions of authority over men or not? Or were we mistaken in what you really believed? Perhaps we wrongly assumed you differed with Bilezikian because of these things, considering his book, Beyond Sex Roles? (We have written about and posted Bilezkian as a false teacher.)

Twice was Missler reported to be plagiarizing. What man of God copies another writer's materials and puts his own name to them? Yes, he 'fessed up,' once and again, but are these innocent mistakes or deliberate offenses? Not hard to know or tell. Wouldn't you know if you did something like that? The list of marks of Missler's falsehood is long, and glaring are the fruits of his doings.

Jesus said: “The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10 MKJV).

Now what is the precious fruit of the Truth of God? It is faith, obedience, freedom, understanding, health and peace - it is the abundant life, even as Jesus says, and He is no liar. Oh, one may be financially poor, yet spiritually rich, like the widow with her two mites tossed into the treasury.

What is the fruit of a false teacher? It is destruction and death. What's happening with Chuck's wife Nancy and his son Mark? Are they not financially well off? But while they live, they both suffer and are dying of cancer. What does God say to His people about dreadful diseases?

The fruits of false teachers, though they teach truth, is ultimately death, because they mix truth with error. Chuck Missler's own family is victimized by his leadership and doctrine. How about everyone else who follows him?

“And He said, If you will carefully listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His Commandments, and keep all His Laws, I will put none of these diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians; for I am the LORD Who heals you” (Exodus 15:26 MKJV).

“For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly” (Psalms 84:11 MKJV).

Luke 13:1-5 MKJV
(1) And some were present at the same time reporting to Him of the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.
(2) And answering, Jesus said to them, Do you suppose that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans because they suffered such things?
(3) I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
(4) Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were sinners above all men who lived in Jerusalem?
(5) I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Do we condemn them for their awful circumstances? NO! We would want to see them repent and be healed! But they condemn themselves with false piety and by taking the Lord's Name in vain. What does the Lord say about that?

“You shall not take the Name of the LORD your God in vain. For the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes His Name in vain” (Exodus 20:7 MKJV).

Read God Heals Today, His Way. You also need to read Diabolical Doctrines and The True Marks of a Cult.

Victor

Colleen

Post by Colleen »

Thanks for this - yes I do believe Bilizikian is false as you do for the reasons you do.
I certainly will look into the Missler issue - and yes I am aware of Nancy and Mark being ill.

It is very difficult to know who to follow - obviously I know that the Bible is the ultimate and only TRUE Word.

Even those who teach the truth then get known for this and so have a 'ministry' or teaching place to teach from so how does one know who is right and who is wrong?

Can I ask for some info on background of The Path of Truth - who how founded - what makes you/them different.

Thanks - not wanting to be confrontational - just want to learn and do the right thing as I try to lead others the right way into the kingdom of God

Blessings

Colleen

Colleen

Post by Colleen »

Hi there

Do you believe in the trinity?

Colleen

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Colleen,

We understand your questions and don't find them confrontational. Moreover, this is an excellent opportunity to shed light on the issue of false teachers for you and many others who have the same questions, whether friendly or antagonistic. We rejoice that all will hear the truth.

You write:

It is very difficult to know who to follow - obviously I know that the Bible is the ultimate and only TRUE Word.

It's not only very difficult to know who to follow - it's impossible unless you're following the Lord. If you're following Him, you're hearing His voice, and if you hear His voice, you won't follow the voice of strangers (preachers who aren't in Christ). Jesus said of Himself, the Good Shepherd:

“And when He puts forth His own sheep, He goes before them, and the sheep follow Him. For they know His voice. And they will not follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers” (John 10:4-5 MKJV).

Knowing “the Bible is the ultimate and only TRUE Word” assures you of nothing. Unless you turn to the Lord and follow Him, you're lost. Instead of edifying your spirit in the true love (faith and obedience) of God, knowledge of the Bible without these things will only puff you up.

Almost every teacher and preacher out there in “Christendom” claims that the Bible is the ultimate and true Word of God, yet look at the division and confusion coming out of their midst. That's because they're without Christ. They're not part of His mystical Body, the Church composed of all those who believe and follow Him “without the gate” and “outside the camp.” The self-promoting preachers who set up a “ministry or teaching place,” as you call it, like Chuck Missler's Koinonia House, appeal to the Bible as the Word of God, but each gives his own private interpretation. They attract followers of themselves, men entrenched in this world and hell. Like begets like. How could they ever lead you to The Cross - Only the Death Sentence Will Avail, and eternal life?

The cross we preach, the same as the apostle Paul, is the antidote to the endless cycle of ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of the Truth, the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Timothy3:1-9). God's ordained teachers lead one to the fullness of life in Him, no less:

Ephesians 4:11-13 MKJV
(11) And truly He gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers,
(12) for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
(13) And this until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

There is no schism or unholy mixture in Jesus Christ.

The Lord, and not knowledge of the Bible, is the focus of any man of God's ministry. Can you imagine the apostle Paul starting a ministry like “Dr.” Missler's, “dedicated to the development and distribution of materials for encouraging and facilitating serious study of the Bible”? No, Paul determined to know and preach nothing other than Christ crucified among those who believed, which is the testimony of the Scriptures.

Victor gave you Diabolical Doctrines and The True Marks of a Cult, two writings that conclusively demonstrate that what the Word of God presents, and what Chuck and Nancy Missler teach and represent, are two very different things. Have you carefully and prayerfully red these documents? Not yet.

If you disagree with anything we've said there, please let us know. None so far have disproved anything in either of these writings, or regarding our postings of false teachers. How can one prove the truth is in error?

Can I ask for some info on background of The Path of Truth - who how founded - what makes you/them different.

I believe this has been answered already, but to state it plainly and clearly - the Lord Jesus Christ founded His Church, as He told Peter, based on the revelation of Himself as the Son of the living God.

“And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18 MKJV).

How were we joined to His Church? Read Our Testimonies and wHaT tHe LoRd HaS dOnE wItH mE.

Colleen, you say that you “just want to learn and do the right thing as I try to lead others the right way into the kingdom of God.”

The Lord has brought you here in order to learn the right and good way, if you're willing.

Paul

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Colleen,

We have had much to say about The Trinity. Here are several articles on the matter. You could begin with the first one and go from there, if you have the desire and patience to search out the truth of the Scriptures.

The Asininity of the Trinity
By Any Other Name, Its Still the Trinity: And It Smells Bad
The Carnal Reasonings of a Trinitarian
Diabolical Doctrine: The Trinity (God Is Three Persons)
The Gospel According to Trinitarians
Jesus Christ Is God (section)
The Perfecting Faith of the Son of God
The Wisdom of God Trumps Trinitarian Tricksterism
You Cant Explain What You Dont Know: And You Cant Know What You Dont Have

Did you receive our second reply about Chuck Missler? What do you think now?

Paul

Colleen

Post by Colleen »

Thanks. When u cannot answer a simple question but instead send a list of links and tell me to read them if I have the desire or patience to do so then I have my answer! Desire certainly or I would not have asked. Patience - for truth always. Please remove me from your mailing list and don't worry about answering me any more. I have my answers. Thanks Colleen

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

You're a liar, Colleen. You have no desire for the truth and therefore no patience to look into the important matters you brought to us.

The title of the first writing I pointed you to answers your question about whether we believe in “the trinity.”

The Asininity of the Trinity

The rest of the titles confirm that answer. You didn't even have to open a document to know what we think of “the trinity.” You're a liar.

So yes, you do have your answer - you've been tried and found wanting, trying to hide the fact by coming up with a phony excuse to accuse and condemn God's servants. You're a phony altogether and that's why you have a phony as your mentor. You're both idolaters, following another “Jesus” and trio of gods that don't exist.

Paul

Colleen

Post by Colleen »

Response just as expected from someone who professes to be a shepherd………………

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

One of the believers who gathers with us responded to your last letter, Colleen:

“How presumptuous of Colleen to expect you to REWRITE the answers to her questions, as if you have nothing better to do! I would say, 'He sent the appropriate links to your specific questions. Who do you think you are?'”

Jo

Colleen

Post by Colleen »

To Jo I can only say that I was not having a conversation with her. In response to my question 'do u believe in the trinity?' you could have simply answered 'No'. But instead u chose to send me reams to read and I did read some of them - how asinine was that of me. This will be the last coms from me as continuing is only playing into Satan's hands. I will pray for u and Jo. God bless. Colleen

Victor Hafichuk

Yes, Colleen, such a response as ours is to be expected by the Lord of His servants:

“O LORD, do I not hate those who hate You? And am I not grieved with those who rise up against You? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies” (Psalms 139:21-22 MKJV).

“Let not those who are my lying enemies rejoice over me, those who hate me without cause wink with the eye. For they do not speak peace; but they think deceitful things against the quiet ones of the earth. And they widen their mouths against me; they say, Aha, aha! Our eyes have seen” (Psalms 35:19-21 MKJV).

“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them” (Ephesians 5:11 KJV).

And you expected it because in your heart, you know what we speak is true.

Victor

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Why are you blessing Satan, Colleen? But then again, why wouldn't you, when he is your master? You are confounded, because you're a liar.

Paul

Return to “Women Are Ministers of God in Spiritual Authority over Men”