His desire, His decision or His determination.

Several important questions are raised and answered: What is the purpose of the Lake of Fire? What is the second death? And: How does one who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ enter the Kingdom of God?
Shelton

His desire, His decision or His determination.

Post by Shelton »

Hello my name is Shelton. Would you be apt to teach to the people these verses: II Thessalonians 1:7-9, I Peter 4:17-18, Matthew 12:30-37, Matthew 18:7-11, Matthew 25:31-46 (particularly 41), Mark 9:42-48, and Hebrews 6:1-2 in regards to, as is stated in the epistle to the Hebrews and the words of our Lord, eternal (age without end) judgement. There is much being disputed about sin, righteousness, and judgement and there is an attempt to scatter the sheep, the children, and toss them to and from. "When he comes he shall reprove the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgement. of sin because they believe not on me; of righteousness because I go to the father and you see me no more; of judgement because the prince of this world is judged." It's important that we are sound in doctrine to remain sound in faith and that we are sound in faith to remain sound in doctrine, in everything sincere love of the brethren being expressed from a pure heart. Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.

Paul Cohen

Re: His desire, His decision or His determination.

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Shelton,

I looked up the Scriptures you cite. It would have been decent of you to have copied those for us, instead of making us look them up, since you already had them on hand. It's these "little" things that reveal much about a person and how sincere their love is, as opposed to their proclamations of grand doctrine and faith.

In light of this, the answer to your question is not only do we teach the people these verses, we are these verses, by virtue of the Lord Jesus Christ Who lives in us and we in Him.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Shelton

Post by Shelton »

I see. Pardon me for the lack of effort to copy those scriptures. Since you have confidence that you are those scriptures, what does it mean when it says in the revelation of Jesus Christ about "he who sits on the throne who lives forever and ever", along with "and the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever," and finally "but the fearful an unbelieving and the abominable and murderers and whoremongers and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone which is the second death." This is not a matter of doctrine and dispute, for the disciples spent much time in that before being converted. but it is a matter of inquiry as to the things you teach concerning forever not meaning without end as well as all things being reconciled to God including the devil, his angels, the beast and the false prophet. as concerning the little things that teach you about a person, I hope those little things concerning me will move you to pray, supplicate, intercede, and give thanks, on our behalf. Please cover those little things with the love of God you have and receive me as Christ Jesus receive you and your little things. Grace and peace to you.

Shelton

Post by Shelton »

One more thing Paul, if after death is the resurrection, is there a resurrection after the second death?

"And they neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people neither in the synagogues or in the city: neither can they prove the things where of they now excuse me. But this I confess unto you, that after the way which they call heresy, so do I worship the God of my fathers believing all things which are written in the law and the prophets and have hope toward God which they themselves also allow that there shall be a resurrection of the dead both of the just and unjust. and herein do I exercise myself, to always have a conscience void of offense toward God and toward men."

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Shelton, Jesus Christ received me by the faith He gave me to approach Him. You aren't approaching me by His faith, so how can I receive you as Christ received me? You're being presumptuous.

Nevertheless, I speak to you in the Lord according to His will and purpose for you.

As for your question about "forever and ever," read:

The True, Scriptural Meanings of "Forever," "Everlasting," and "Hell"
The Great Promise of the Lake of Fire and the Second Death

To put it in personal terms, what you express as faith is carnal religiosity, which is taking the place of God's authority that comes through His faith. You are in darkness, Hell, and are kept there "forever" until His judgment is rendered against you and finishes you:

1 Corinthians 15:22-26
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all will be made alive.
(23) But each in his own order: Christ the first-fruit, and afterward they who are Christ's at His coming;
(24) then is the end, when He delivers the Kingdom to God, even the Father; when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.
(25) for it is right for Him to reign until He has put all the enemies under His feet.
(26) The last enemy made to cease is death.

Regarding the second death, it's a condition, not an occurrence like physical death. Only those who overcome are delivered of the second death:

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death" (Revelation 2:11).

And this deliverance is the first resurrection:

"Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection. Over these the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him for a thousand years" (Revelation 20:6).

By God's grace, that's where we are, walking in His righteousness. And here's where you are, walking in your own righteousness:

"But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death" (Revelation 21:8).

God has brought you here, Shelton, to render His judgment on you. If you believe what is said and receive His judgment, it will be for good - something to be very thankful for.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Shelton

Post by Shelton »

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let the [one] hearing say, Come! And let the one] who is thirsty come. And he willing, let him take of the water of life freely.

18 For I testify together [to] everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add on him the plagues that have been written in this Book.
19 And if anyone takes away from the words of the Book of this prophecy, God will take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which have been written in this Book.
20 He who testifies these things says, Yes, I am coming quickly, Amen. Yes, come, Lord Jesus.

Shelton

Post by Shelton »

Then, because of this, the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the sabbath, but also said that God was His father, making Himself equal with God.

19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself but what He sees the Father do. For whatever things He does, these also the Son does likewise.
20 For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all the things that He Himself does. And He will show Him greater works than these, so that you may marvel.
21 For as the Father raises the dead and makes alive, even so the Son of man makes alive whomever He wills.
22 For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23 so that all should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes on Him who sent Me has everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death to life.
25 Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they who hear shall live.
26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has given to the Son to have life within Himself,
27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is [the] Son of man.
28 Do not marvel at this, for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves shall hear His voice,
29 and shall come forth, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have practiced evil to the resurrection of condemnation.

"And if any man thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.

But if any one loves God, he has been known of him." Let us love one another Paul (this is love that we walk after his commandments) for love is of God.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we rebuke the religious spirit in Shelton Smith. No more of your Scripture quoting and religious posturing. You have no authority with us and must obey Christ's authority.

Shelton, you need to repent. You're blaspheming, having put yourself in the place of God. Humble yourself with prayer and fasting. Stop trying to control everything, but submit to the One in control, the Lord Jesus Christ Whom we preach. Otherwise, the powers of darkness will destroy you, which they're already doing.

Lord Jesus, deal with that evil spirit that presumes to be speaking Your Word and goes about destroying. Deal with Shelton and don't let him blaspheme Your Name any longer.

Victor and Paul

Shelton

Post by Shelton »

I apologize for upsetting you both and will no longer correspond and provoke you.
These six the LORD hates; yea, seven [are] hateful to his soul:

17 a proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that plots wicked plans, feet hurrying to run to evil,
19 a false witness [who] speaks lies, and he who sows discord among brethren.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

You don't need to apologize to us, Shelton. You need to apologize to the Lord. You need Repentance. You don't know what that is - read about it.

When you're truly sorry for the way you've been, you won't be cutting off communication with us, because you'll be having fellowship with us and the Lord for the first time.

Paul and Victor

Shelton

Post by Shelton »

No brothers. Not cutting off communicating entirely. Only in a manner that causes strife or discord. And for now it is good, that I may give myself as the Lord knows I've been, to fasting and prayer. He knows our works, and that we all need to repent in a way we may not yet realize. Enough with the insulting as to if I am scanned acquainted with the Lord. He knows them who are his.

As far as repentance I may not have a full knowledge about it but I trust in his mercy and grace to lead me and grant me all the promises in Him. "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us of them, and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness."

One more thing my brothers, " But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.

And whoever shall exalt himself shall be abased, and he who shall humble himself shall be exalted." But Jesus called them and said to them, You know that they who are accounted rulers over the nations exercise lordship over them. And their great ones exercise authority on them.

But it shall not be so among you. But whoever desires to be great among you, let him be your servant.

And whoever of you desires to become first, [he] shall be servant of all.

For even the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life [as] a ransom for many." Those whom he loves he rebukes and chastens. I will continue to heed the counsel of the Son of God and be zealous and repent. Thank you for your work and labour of love.

Return to “The Great Promise of the Lake of Fire and the Second Death”