What should a Lutheran who realised that she desperately needs more truth and light do?

Letters from those finding their way in faith.

What should a Lutheran who realised that she desperately needs more truth and light do?

Postby S.H. » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:50 pm

First I have to apologize my grammar, English isn't my native language. I have been reading your blog and it has been very helpful and eyeopening experience. I have been a Lutheran all my life and always wondered why it's not working the way it should. I guess I had my answer when I read the article about Luther. Now I'm pretty upset and don't know what to do next. I prayed and cried all throughout last night. It seems like the very foundation of my faith has been shaken. I asked God to tell me what should I do but there was this heartbreaking silence. So I thought maybe write to you, even though I don't know if you are actively answering questions anymore. But where should I go from here? I feel like a motherless child or something like that. What should a Lutheran who realised that she desperately needs more truth and light should do? -S.H. from Finland
S.H.

Postby Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:54 am

“But I say this, that every one of you says, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you, or were you baptized in the name of Paul?” (1 Corinthians 1:12-13 MKJV)

There's your answer, S. Turn to the One Who was crucified for you - the Lord Jesus Christ Whom we preach. Yes, the Lutheran Church and other works of men talk about Him and use His Name, but they don't preach Him because they don't know Him or His ways.

This is a great day for you. Thank God He brought you here with your question, so we could point you to your only Lord and Savior.

Read on our site in order to hear what the Holy Scriptures teach about Him. There you will find the Answer and all the answers He has taught us. It seems you're capable enough in English to understand, but let us know how you're doing and if we can help you in any way.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com
Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Return to Finding Our Way In Faith