What does your Church teach about "What must one do to be Saved"??

How is one saved? You can read the full teaching here.

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello, I Googled something on IPad and your site came up.
I haven't heard any teachings on Repentance and Faith along with telling that "I accepted Christ" as a false doctrine outside of Missionary Baptist Churches from the Tenn and Kentucky area. Where are you from and what denomination are you?

You're clearly not a Modern Baptist or Billy Graham type Church!! Which is refreshing.

I can remember going to revivals as a child and being scared to death because I was under conviction but for some reason it took me many years to finally surrender my heart to the Lord. I was a member of the Church and people thought I was saved but I had them fooled. I was as lost as a Muslim or the rich man from the Bible. I was driving down the highway and completely exhausted from living a lie and I thought God had dealt with me all he was going to and so scared that he wouldn't "convict" me or give me another opportunity to get saved. All I know is that I was praying and crying unt o the Lord with all my heart that I didn't want to go to Hell and instantly went from fear and grief and sorrow to complete peace from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head.

When I got home there was people there playing Rook(Cards) and I wanted to tell them you don't have to worry bout that card game Jesus just told me I was saved. Not a preacher. Not a pamphlet or anything other than a direct spiritual experience from the Lord! Is this what your Church teaches of a Testimony or "What must one do to be Saved"??

Our Church is small and there is very very few Churches around us that
preaches Repentance as a requirement for Salvation and you can ONLY be saved when the Lord is dealing/convicting your heart. Not, I will get saved whenever I want or go to front of Church and pick something off the alter like is was a Potato and smiling as you walk down the isle. Almost like God is lower than we are. That's why I don't call any man Reverend. I believe that's only for God. Elder is better word for a Pastor.

I hope you will take time to answer me. Thanks

Tim
Tim

Postby Paul Cohen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Tim,

Thanks for writing and sharing about your experience with the Lord. He lives and is found by those who seek Him with all their hearts. This has happened to us, by His grace.

Therefore our doctrine doesn't come from any denomination or teaching of men. It comes directly from the Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven, where we live with Him!

“And no one has gone up into Heaven except He Who came down out of Heaven, the Son of Man, Who is in Heaven” (John 3:13 EMTV).

Hebrews 12:22-24 WEB
(22) But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable multitudes of angels,
(23) to the festal gathering and assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
(24) to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.

So yes, we've had direct spiritual experiences with the Lord, Who has come and saved us from our sins and converted us from the sin nature. Read Our Testimonies and How One Is Saved.

Regarding what the Lord has taught us, read our Statement of Doctrine. It is different on many points from what Missionary Baptists believe (http://missionarybaptistchurches.com/beliefs.html). Although they, as other Baptists, teach many things that are true, they've continued in the works and many Diabolical Doctrines of institutionalized Christianity, while focused on the wrong baptism. As Jesus said, we need to be born again (The Baptism in the Holy Spirit), not by the external water ritual but by His Spirit.

You ask about our whereabouts, Tim. I live in Helena, Montana and Victor lives in Lethbridge, Alberta. We meet with believers from around the world every Sabbath (Saturday), in a chat room (text) on our website at noon MST, the meetings lasting several hours. You're welcome to come. Let us know if you're interested and Sara Schmidt will send you more specifics with instructions.

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com
Paul Cohen

Return to How One Is Saved