There seems to be a lot you add to your salvation message.

How is one saved? You can read the full teaching here.

There seems to be a lot you add to your salvation message.

Postby Lorrie » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:46 pm

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Dear Path of Truth,

I've enjoyed several articles on your website. I was just reading a response of Universalism and was blessed that you understand God's plan for all mankind. Yet, I noticed that your understanding of how we are to work out our salvation as members of the body of Christ is based on the kingdom gospel that the Lord gave to His earthly disciples and Jewish converts; leaving them with the command to disciple the nations. The message of today, after Christ completed His work is that God has conciliated the world to Himself and we are to beseech those around us to understand this and be conciliated to God!

Paul is the apostle to the gentiles. He was called by the risen Lord with a heavenly message. Our calling and hope is in that realm. The 12 had an earthly promise. Israel is to reign with Christ as a nation of priests on the earth for 1,000 years. Israel never accomplished her mission but she will!

We live in the dispensation of Grace; a mystery dispensation that brings gentiles into the spiritual blessings of God. The preaching of the cross by Paul has been the salvation message for about 2,000 years and will end when we appear with Him. The millennial reign will bring in the nations.

On “How One is Saved” article. The scriptures tell us many times and demonstrates on it's pages that it is the Lord Who draws us to Him. We are called, chosen, elected, etc. to serve Him. From the beginning of time, all those who are serving God in truth, were chosen by Him. Even our faith is from the Spirit of God. I share this because there seems to be a lot you add to your salvation message.

Christ has already done the work. It's finished. When we grasp it, it doesn't just become real to us. It is already real and because it is, we accept it.

May God continue to bless you and your ministry.

Grace and peace,

Lorrie
Lorrie

Re: There seems to be a lot you add to your salvation message.

Postby Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk » Fri May 01, 2015 8:14 am

Hi Lorrie,

There's only One True Gospel of the Kingdom of God for all peoples, Jews and Gentiles, of which Paul wrote:

“For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek” (Romans 1:16 MKJV).

Doesn't that say it all? You won't find otherwise in the Scriptures.

Israel will reign on earth only when they come into fellowship and harmony with the saints that reign in Heaven, an act of the supernatural grace of God.

As for our article, How One Is Saved, we have submitted what the Scriptures teach about the faith and obedience of those being saved. Do you have evidence to the contrary? No - only your opinion.

You're following another gospel, one that sounds very much like Universalism The False Kind. (Read the articles at the link, particularly The Deadly Error of the Universalists.)

Your reaction to the preaching of Paul is much closer to Felix's than to the Gentiles who believed his Gospel.

“And as he reasoned about righteousness and self-control and the coming judgment, Felix was alarmed and said, 'Go away for the present. When I get an opportunity I will summon you.'” (Acts 24:25 ESV).

We say these things with appreciation of your coming here and opening up to us in a friendly manner, allowing us the opportunity to help you in turn.

“And blessed is the one who is not offended by Me” (Matthew 11:6 ESV).

Paul & Victor
Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: There seems to be a lot you add to your salvation message.

Postby Lorrie » Fri May 01, 2015 10:56 am

Hi Mr. Cohen,

Thank you so much for your gracious letter!

Yes, the Scriptures are clear there is only one good news for ALL people today. It has been this way since Paul began to preach the gospel of the grace of God, some two thousand years ago.

To be more specific, I was trying to point out that the truths about Christ's sacrifice, which Paul preached, are true, even if someone doesn't believe them. When we do believe, we've seen the salvation truth and receive the Spirit of God. After which, God's spirit reveals more to us from His Word.

Looking back on history, what made believers righteous was different in different ages or dispensations. All was through Christ, even if they didnt know it. What made Noah righteous was different than Moses or David. What made them righteous was different than God's requirement of salvation for the Jews, heralded by John the Baptist.

When Jesus walked the earth, He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house Israel. He spoke in parables so most in His own land would not understand. His ministry was not gentiles at all. As time went on, He began to tell his followers to go Samaria and reach the uttermost parts.

The great commission, as it is called, was a commission to Israel to reach the rest of the nations.

Their call to salvation was repent and be baptized. They will one day complete this work during their millenial reign with Christ. It is an earthly reign. It is from heaven not in heaven.

That is not the salvation message today.The 12 had a different message to the nations than we have in this dispensation. We go to all individuals.

Christ has finished the work on the cross, so we look to the message of Paul, who was called by the ressurected Lord.

Paul did start with his own people and then God expanded his ministry as his own rejected his news.

The gospel that God is conciliated to the world is new to Paul. It is based solely on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ; the preaching of the cross.

Peter and the rest of the circumcision Christians began to see Paul's unique ministry in time. In the future, their letters will be used to guide tribulation saints of Israel.

If we take Paul's letters out of the Scripture, the Bible is a long series of letters to Israel, about Israel's history and calling. This dispensation is a paranthetical period. It was a mystery, not prophesied before.

Prophesy states that through Israel, all the families of the earth will be blessed. Paul reveals that because of their blindness, planned by God, the gentiles will be blessed as well. Went hen learn the blessings are spiritual (heavenly) in nature.

All is out of God, through His Son.

Epesians and Colossians seem to be the epitome of truth for this age. It is a heavenly calling and hope given to us by the risen Lord.

We don't preach repent and be baptized today for we are not talking with Jews of old. We preach the grace of God.

Again, it's all the doing of our heavenly Father through His Son, Jesus Christ.

We believe because He calls us. One day, all will stand before Him for judgment. Those who didn't believe in their lifetime will certainly believe on that day. Wouldn't you?

God wills that all will be saved. I trust Christ's work will be 100% accomplished!

Thank you, again for your kind letter and resources.

Grace and peace to you all,

Lorrie
Lorrie

Return to How One Is Saved