Are you familiar with www.E-Sword.net
? It's a free Bible program you can load on your computer, which gives you a large selection of Bibles to use and review. Or you can view many different Bibles on www.Biblegateway.com
, allowing you to compare and see which one you'd like to purchase as hard copy.
We use many Bibles, as you can see by reading our site. It's not the Bible, but the Lord Whom we depend on and Who gives us understanding of the Bible. You do need the truth - from Him. He IS the Truth.
“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. And they are the ones witnessing of Me
, and you will not come to Me that you might have life” (John 5:39-40 MKJV).
The LITV is a decent Bible, if a bit awkwardly phrased at times because of its literal bent.
As for going to Israel to find “Biblical roots,” you're on the wrong track altogether. Don't you believe what Jesus says in the Bible?
John 4:21-24 MKJV
(21) Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you shall neither worship the Father in this mountain nor yet at Jerusalem.
(22) You worship what you do not know, we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.
(23) But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to worship Him.
(24) God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.
Or what the angels said to the women who came to the Lord's empty tomb?
“Why do you seek the living among the dead?” (Luke 24:5 MKJV)
Billy, you've come to the living here at this site. This is what lies directly before you:
Hebrews 12:22-29 MKJV
(22) But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are written in Heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
(24) and to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.
(25) See that you do not refuse Him Who speaks. For if they did not escape, those who refused him that spoke on earth, much more we shall not escape if we turn away from Him Who speaks from Heaven,
(26) whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, "Yet once more I will not only shake the earth, but also the heavens."
(27) And this word, "Yet once more," signifies the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that have been made, so that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.
(28) Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear,
(29) for also, "Our God is a Consuming Fire."
Keep reading on our site and believe the Word of God. That's the only “research” that will save you, through faith
. If you believe, we'll be hearing from you.